Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Sorry, to my broke poor ass the oppo is expensive

now continue on with your laughter sir and mind you dont spill any of that caviar on your silk prada shirt

Member Sales Rating: (49)

105 for me!!

Member Sales Rating: (17)

Quote Originally Posted by Toolfan66 View Post
    105 for me!!
    Congrats!

I really don't have a system that is good enough for the 105

The System I watch Blu-Rays and DVDs on consists of a 55" Vizio 240hz LED, Fios Cable box, XB360 and a Apple TV. No 3rd party speakers or amps.

The wife just doesn't want an elaborate system in the living room.

So eventually when I finish the basement and hook up a really nice projector then I'll get the current OPPO's flagship. Maybe it'll be the BDP-115 or 125! LOL
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!

My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/

It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

Is that supposed to be the back of the 105?, what are all those connections for? Are they for 4K Devices?

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Tse View Post
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!

Are you talking about those multi channel analogue color coded ones

Got an email, mine shipped, will be here Tuesday! :)

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by polkfarmboy View Post
    The oppo's are very expensive just to watch a bluray or dvd
    These units do much more than just play dvd/blueray, correct?

Digital Noob question but this would replace the CD, DVD/Blueray plus becoming the system DAC for other gear? (music library)
    Last edited by littlewoodboats; 10-24-2012 at 09:49 AM.

Member Sales Rating: (36)

I'm hoping the 105's DAC is awesome with PCs. I love the integration of CD/Blu-Ray and USB all in one package. I'm not buying a new DAC until I see where this goes.

The following is from Tom Andry at audioholics...
    While the BDP-103 looked to become the hub of your video content, the BDP-105 looks to add audio to that. It adds a coaxial and optical digital audio input and an asynchronous USB DAC input.
    The analogue section of the BDP-105 will have two ESS Sabre32 Reference DACs and a newly designed Toroidal linear power supply.
    Does anyone have an idea how running a squeezebox through the digital inputs and using the oppo's DAC's would compare to a stand-alone say $500-$700 DAC? Maybe that's a bad question until people actually hear the new oppo, but I'm just looking for generalities.
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Oppo BDP-105; Amps: Anthem Integrated 225; PS Audio GCPH Speakers: Polk - LSi15's (sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; B&K Reference 200.2; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Member Sales Rating: (36)

If implemented properly, the Oppo should operate exactly as a standalone DAC. We will just have to wait and see. I once has a CA 840C that I used as a DAC in addition to a CD player. It's an awesome feature that I think CA really brought to the main stream and now companies like Esoteric and others are doing the same. It only makes sense that a sweet DAC should have multiple inputs for connectivity.

Member Sales Rating: (3)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    That is funny. Expensive is in the $4000-$6000 range for a Bluray player. Oppo is entry into decent level gear. Sub-Oppo prices are in the "you get what you pay for" category. I upgraded my BDP-83 to the 93, and it had a better picture. I quess it is time to upgrade the 93 to the 103, and use the 93 as a spare. Always good to have a decent spare available.
    I agree with this. If someone considers themselves a videophile then you dont want to be housing a PS3 or walmart Bluray player as your main BD player. I am guilty of the PS3 player way too long as I have been upgrading speakers, my tv and so on ... time to get serious with this ... I will be getting an Oppo 105 when it is released.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by zx_toth View Post
    I agree with this. If someone considers themselves a videophile then you dont want to be housing a PS3 or walmart Bluray player as your main BD player. I am guilty of the PS3 player way too long as I have been upgrading speakers, my tv and so on ... time to get serious with this ... I will be getting an Oppo 105 when it is released.

Z
    Same here. My PS3 has been the only Blu-ray disc and Blu-ray rip network player I've used the last 5 years. 105 is looking quite tempting.
    ALL BOXED UP for a while until I save up for a new place :(

Home Theater:
    KEF Q900s / MIT Shotgun S3 / MIT CVT2 ICs | KEF Q600C | Polk FXi5 | BJC Wire | Signal / AQ ICs | Shunyata / Pangea PCs | Pioneer Elite SC 57 | Parasound NC2100 Pre | NAD M25 | Marantz SA8001 | Schiit Gungnir DAC | SB Touch

2 Channel:
    Polk LSi9 (xo mods), Polk DSW MicroPro 2000 sub | NAD c375BEE | W4S DAC1 | SB Touch | Marantz SA-8001 | MIT AVt 2 | Kimber Hero / AQ / Signal ICs | Shunyata / Signal PCs

Quote Originally Posted by hochpt21 View Post

Does anyone have an idea how running a squeezebox through the digital inputs and using the oppo's DAC's would compare to a stand-alone say $500-$700 DAC? Maybe that's a bad question until people actually hear the new oppo, but I'm just looking for generalities.
    Given OPPO's past performance, I would expect the scenario you describe as being just as good if not better. Some Marantz cdp's also have digital in's that some members here use and report very good results. I expect no less from an Oppo product. Oppo seems to be a very good choice for an all in one player and with the addition of digital inputs only sweetens the pot.

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Cool BDP-105 Released!

Received this last night and I have one on order. Here's the text, but omitted the order link out of fairness to anyone that signed up early w/Oppo (plus, it's tied to my private email).

"Thank you for your interest in the new OPPO BDP-105. You are invited to order the OPPO BDP-105 now by clicking this special link.

We will begin shipping on November 13, 2012. The OPPO BDP-105 will come pre-loaded with our latest firmware. Firmware updates will be issued from time to time and as with any new Blu-ray player the frequency will initially be higher.

Initial quantities are limited, and the order link is available only to customers who had registered to be notified of the OPPO BDP-105?s availability. Please do not share this link with anyone else. Orders are limited to one player per customer and are on a first come, first serve basis.

If you miss out on this initial batch, the OPPO BDP-105 is expected to be widely available around Thanksgiving. We thank you for your patience and greatly appreciate your support."

Yeah - I got that e-mail as well. Now just trying to justify to myself whether I need this or not :) It's not really adding any functionality that I don't have already (aside from DVD-A) ..hmm. The fact that it has a dual core SOC and can simply browse shared LAN folders for media is interesting though.
    ALL BOXED UP for a while until I save up for a new place :(

Home Theater:
    KEF Q900s / MIT Shotgun S3 / MIT CVT2 ICs | KEF Q600C | Polk FXi5 | BJC Wire | Signal / AQ ICs | Shunyata / Pangea PCs | Pioneer Elite SC 57 | Parasound NC2100 Pre | NAD M25 | Marantz SA8001 | Schiit Gungnir DAC | SB Touch

2 Channel:
    Polk LSi9 (xo mods), Polk DSW MicroPro 2000 sub | NAD c375BEE | W4S DAC1 | SB Touch | Marantz SA-8001 | MIT AVt 2 | Kimber Hero / AQ / Signal ICs | Shunyata / Signal PCs

I had to justify the cost, too.

I'm running a SB Touch and was going to expand throughout my house w/1 or 2 more. Can't find any for the price I originally paid, so have rethought trying to piece more Touch's together @ significantly higher prices and on a discontinued platform. I have a raid NAS that serves all my music + family videos, pictures, etc, so am really interested for the browsing/integration, too. I realize there are other DVD players that will do this, but my goal was to add an external DAC to the Touch for the best SQ. Ultimately, I think (hope) the Oppo's DAC's will be a major improvement and I won't need/want to pursue anything else.

The Oppo will reside on a 2 channel/HT rig w/my 1.2tl's. My 2 channel pre is an Adcom-750 and I'm able to bypass a Sunfire TG-III HT processor. The Adcom is connected via unbalanced to a Sunfire 300/2 power amp, so I'm also interested in the Oppo's unbalanced output to run entirely unbalanced from CD to the amp.

Coincidentally, I need a new DVD player to replace a cheapo Sony. The Sony does everything except FLAC and wireless (physically can't run a hard line to it, either)...but seriously lacks in sound quality. The Touch will be moved to my bedroom.

If it wasn't for Oppo's reputation, I would've waited and not purchased one of the very first models released, but I believe Oppo makes solid products and will stand behind them if there are any issues. I've spent lots of time and money upgrading my speakers and finding good used gear at competitive prices, so am comfortable this brand new purchase will be a welcome addition to my system. Plus, they offer a 30 day, no question guarantee. Worst case, I'd be out shipping.

With all the points mentioned above...this purchase was "justified"

Quote Originally Posted by JayCee View Post

The Oppo will reside on a 2 channel/HT rig w/my 1.2tl's. My 2 channel pre is an Adcom-750 and I'm able to bypass a Sunfire TG-III HT processor. The Adcom is connected via balanced to a Sunfire 300/2 power amp, so I'm also interested in the Oppo's balanced output to run entirely balanced from CD to the amp.
    Corrected...thinking one thing but typed another...meant to type balanced instead of unbalanced.

Mine is ordered... A 105 to go with my 95..
    Last edited by Toolfan66; 11-13-2012 at 10:30 PM.

My BDP-105 just got delivered..

My BDP-105 just got delivered..
    Did you buy it direct or thru a dealer?
    they said mine will be here by wednesday

Amazing! Someone already has a 105 on agon for $1475
    wtf?

I ordered direct from OPPO, it only took 3 days!!!

OPPO's build quality is fantastic.. I stuck this in my two channel rig and have been listening to CD's all afternoon off and on, everything has sounded great!! Not that I didn't expect it not to since I do own the BDP-95 as well..

Of course I haven't been able to play with all the features yet but this is another great unit from OPPO and I'm happy to own another unit from them..

I've been very happy with my BDP-103. It just works perfectly. It's very sturdy and solid feeling and the remote is nice as well.

Anybody able to do a picture quality compare between the 93 and the 103? If it is obviously better then I will upgrade my 93 to the 103.

I ordered direct from OPPO, it only took 3 days!!!
    Arrrrgh!!! Mine won't get to Maryland until Wed. Glad you are enjoying yours!

Worth the wait
    I have been getting these since the 970 and Oppo never disappoints with their new stuff!

Yes, the last generation OPPO's are showing up like a swarm on Audiogon this last two weeks. Good time for a 95 if you are looking.

I won't be unloading my 95..

Member Sales Rating: (3)

How well does the Oppo BDP 103 model compare to the Oppo BDP 95?
    Last edited by Polkie2009; 11-20-2012 at 11:09 AM.

Thread Information