Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (5)

Lightbulb Correct EAC Setup for flac rips?

I have been trying Exact Audio Copy to make rips from CD's onto an external drive in flac format.
    So far have been unsuccessful getting the settings correct in the latest version of this software. The program just rips a .wav instead. Have spent quite a bit of time trying to understand why and am bewildered at this point. Have used the online setup guide but the problem there is the latest version has major changes in it not addressed by the guide and where I get lost.
    The version I have installed is the latest version 1.0 beta3. Anyone with a working setup and the accompanying settings would be of great help!

Member Sales Rating: (14)

My advice is fall back to the prior version, which is available online. Then the settings will all match the online guides.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.

Member Sales Rating: (6)

I believe in the tab where you select your compression codec, you browse to the path of where the flac program is loaded, then you press the "MP3" button when ripping....(this button becomes your "flac" button), after the wav rip, a dos box should open, showing the file being processed by flac.

Try here to: http://blowfish.be/eac/Setup/setup3.html and here: http://blowfish.be/eac/Setup/setup4.html
    Last edited by steveinaz; 11-07-2012 at 04:54 PM.

Source: Squeezebox Touch/CIA Power Supply
    DAC: Benchmark DAC/PRE
    Linestage: Placette RVC Passive
    Power Amp: Parasound HCA-1500A
    Speakers: Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 Monitor
    Subwoofer: SVS PB12-NSD

I may have to go backwards as Nspindel has recommended.

Steve the links you have posted are for the guide of the old version. There are enough differences in the two versions especially in the compression section that I can't get it to run. Think they would have a newer guide posted as this newer version is more than a year old. Maybe the author is pushing people toward the JRiver program which is based on EAC thru lack of support.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I know this might not answer your question, but I recently purchased DB Power Amp and it was very simple to rip my collection. If you go to there web site, there is a free trial and lengthy info for their product. I believe it was $19.00 to purchase.
    Mcintosh MC-501 mono blocks
    Mcintosh C-45
    Mcintosh MVP-871
    PS AUDIO AV5000
    MIT 3.3 Shotgun biwire speaker interface
    MIT 3.3 Shotgun XLR interconnects
    Polk 2.3TL's Gimpod boards/F-1 modded crossovers/dynamat/JB weld/Larry's rings/Blackhole 5 strips
    Polk 3.1 TL's mint/stock (purchased new)
    Polk SDA-2's

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Quote Originally Posted by fjross View Post
    I know this might not answer your question, but I recently purchased DB Power Amp and it was very simple to rip my collection. If you go to there web site, there is a free trial and lengthy info for their product. I believe it was $19.00 to purchase.
    +1. I used EAC exclusively for years, until I discovered dBpoweramp. Well worth it.
    7.1 - polk RTi10 x 3 (LCR) : FXi3 x 2 : RTi4 x 4 : MFW-15 (RIP): Yamaha Aventage RX-A1000 : Adcom GFA-7500 : PS3 : Squeezebox Touch : DIRECTV : Panasonic PT-AX200U PJ @120"
    5.1 - Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 x 4 : ProCenter 1000 : Klipsch Sub-10 : Onkyo TX-SR575 : DIRECTV HR22 DVR : LG 50PQ30 HDTV
    Garage Duty - polk Monitor 10s : Pioneer A-717 Integrated Amp : Squeezebox Classic

Spent a little time toying around with dbpoweramp and jriver today as per suggestion here and thank you for the suggestions.
    Jriver is out. I don't need or want the video capability right now with the $50 price tag.
    Dbpoweramp is a maybe. Seems okay just missing accurip to tune the drive in. Not sure how great of an importance that actually is to the bit perfect rip. Price tag appears to be $38 unless there is some discount out there to be had.

I am stubborn and hate defeat so have not given up on EAC....yet

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Amherst View Post
    Dbpoweramp is a maybe. Seems okay just missing accurip to tune the drive in. Not sure how great of an importance that actually is to the bit perfect rip. Price tag appears to be $38 unless there is some discount out there to be had.
    dBpoweramp does have AccurateRip. See here: http://www.accuraterip.com/software.htm

I think that's the price I paid, too. Not sure where the $19 price came from. EAC is also good, but you have to be willing to spend a little time learning some of the technical details, and the configuration can be a little confusing. Still, once you get it where you want it, it does a fine job.

After removing portions of hair from scalp finally have EAC producing .flac rips now

Here's a link for the guide I used to solve: http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph...installing_EAC

My problem was a missing .dll file that did not allow the encoder to start when called by EAC.

Thanks for the info mdaudioguy on the dbpoweramp which may still wind up in my setup!

Member Sales Rating: (8)

nspindel is a genius with this stuff...compared to me anyway...a very helpful forum member...after much hairpulling, my eac is flac-ing away;)

Thread Information