Hello all, I have 2 pairs SRS SDA's, 1 pair SDS 1s, 1 pair CRS+, 1 pair SDA 2.3s. Looking for advice on how to setup these best. Would I be able to retain the SDA effect only on the fronts ? When say - the 2.3s are not hooked up via the interconnect, do you get full audio through all drivers or is there a loss when not being used in SDA mode ?
Would like to use these speakers to put together 2 separate 5.1 or 5.2 SDA home theater setups. Not sure if it matters, but both setups would play music 40% of the time and perform home theater tasks the other 60%.
Read this from the Polk site regarding SDA SRS :
The SDA-SRS Loudspeaker is the main component in a Polk Audio Signature Reference System. Build a towering, multi-channel loudspeaker system by combining a timbre-matched set of SDA Series speakers with your SDA-SRS front mains: use SDA1 or SDA2 as your rear surround floorstanding loudspeakers, and an SDA-CRS as your center channel speaker. The result is a lifesize sound system capable of producing incredible audio power, at truly lifelike volume levels, with superior accuracy and realistic imaging of even the most complex audio information.
Power will be supplied to one setup via 3 Nakamichi PA7 power amps and a new Marantz AV 7705 and the other setup would use Adcom GFA 555's and GFA 5500s for power and another AV 7705.
I have 10ea GFA 555s, and 4ea GFA 5500s and could use as many as needed to bi-amp and get the most power to each setup.
Also am open to suggestions as to what subwoofers would be good for home theater use in these two setups.
All opinions and help are appreciated !