Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Multiple Amps

aussie

Default Multiple Amps

Heya fellas,
    i wanna know how to connect multiple amps to my head unit.. how do i do that? do u have any good sites for wiring diagrams for this?

cheers.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

How many rca ouputs does your current head unit have? What is it? is it stock? There are some easy routs, cheap routs and some with cost..but great improvemnets1

Need a little more information before any real advice can be given.

Let us know..you will get responses...
    Peace sells, but who's buying?

aussie

ahh ok, um it has 1 RCA output, thats why i dont know how to connect 2 amps to the one head unit and its a kenwood cd tuner.. dunno what type.

CodyS

that helps out a little...but now we need to know are you hooking up a sub and smaller speakers...and you need to find out the model number of the radio...itll be written on the front somewhere
    -Cody

aussie

so what ur saying is there is no set way to plug 2 amps into one unit?, if it has only one RCA output?

Is there not a standard way of doing it?

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Y-splitters or an active crossover network.

I prefer option 2.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

This looks like a good option for an active crossover network:

Audiobahn AX202X

Here is another one:

Clarion MCD360

And another one:

Rockford Fosgate RFQ1201

And this is a very nice one:
    Kenwood KEC-600

There are plenty of crossovers out there that will work just peachy. Kenwood, RF, Audiobahn, Audio Control, Phoenix Gold, Clarion, Profile and even some of the cheaper companies like Power Acoustik have decent examples.

or just get y connectors... don't skimp on them though, get the same quality of y connector as the rest of your RCA's.. good saying to live by... " A system is only as good as it's weakest link"
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.

MacLeod

Another way is that most amps have preouts. You can run your one pair of RCA's from the head unit to the first amp then run a pair out of that amp to your 2nd amp.

i use y-splitters
    i have 1 sub preout but 2 amps for my subs
    i have my rca's plugged into the hu and then have 2 y-splitters(1 female, 2 male) going to my amp
    i use radio shack gold series y-splitters
    5 inches of y-splitter doesnt matter as much as 16ft of rca's
    and i have 1700 watts rms running through my truck
    -Cody

radio shack gold y splitters are about as good as any other "good" y splitter out there. they're costly, but not as costly as others (about half).

you can even go with cheapies for that short run - keep in mind that inside your head unit -- its cheapy RCA wire. so keep your cheap **** close to the head or close to the amp, and in areas where you can encounter interference in between the amp and head, use a good quality patch cable that's going to prevent any picked up ****.
    "With your own attitude it is hard to survive here... But who gives a damn, we are here to change the world, and we dont need a password for that."
    - Anurag

Thread Information