Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Budget Interconnects?

Ok so I'm sure this has been beaten to death, but what are some recommendations for budget interconnects under $100 for the pair? Looking to connect front channels from receiver to amp. Also, recommendations on banana plugs that aren't too insane. I have some on there now that crush the wire on screw down, but I am not convinced this is a good setup.

(here is what I have...Maybe they are just fine though)

http://www.monoprice.com/mobile/Prod...oryId=1040115#
    Pioneer SC-25 | Adcom GFA-555 | KEF q900 Front | KEF q600 Center | Polk Monitor 30 Rear | Polk CS2 Rear Surround | Polk DSWPRO 660wi sub

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Bingo ^^^^

One more, our member here Pepster makes some pretty darn nice interconnects in your price range too.

All three recommended in the posts above. I have had monoprice, I moved to Signal Cable and they were quite nice. I have not yet tried Blue Jeans Cable or Pepsters interconnects (though I have one of his powercords and its awesome).

Signal Cable you get a slight discount when your mention your a club polk member as an FYI. I would suggest their Analog II interconnects if it was me.
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Main HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse DVR | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office Rig: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Pro-ject Debut III | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse DVR | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

I was looking at those analog 2 cables. What kind of banana plugs does everyone use to connect their speakers? Are those expanding ones good or are there different ones that are better? I suppose I could test to see if they are getting a good connection by just locking them down with the binding posts
    Pioneer SC-25 | Adcom GFA-555 | KEF q900 Front | KEF q600 Center | Polk Monitor 30 Rear | Polk CS2 Rear Surround | Polk DSWPRO 660wi sub

Member Sales Rating: (16)

I'm using good ol' ratshack nanners with 20ft runs of Beldon 5000UE with the surrounds on my main rig. My mains I have MIT cables. Monoprice for my TL2s in the bedroom. Both work OK by me.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2123188

I use douglas connections interconnects made by our very own helipilotdoug. great quality, great price.

http://douglasconnections.com

Member Sales Rating: (11)

I think that's 90% of the cables in my systems. Best bang for your buck, great quality cables.

Kimber PBJ is good, but more expensive.

AudioQuest Sidewinder is on sale at MusicDirect - $40 instead of $85 for 2-meter cable.

Also, AudioAdvisor sells AudioQuest Evergreen for $29 for 1 meter. I haven't tried them before, but just ordered one cable for our living room listening system (CD -> Integrated).

P.S. I am a big fan of Monoprice cables, but I HATE their RCA stereo interconnects. Those RCA connectors are horrible, fit VERY tight everywhere I tried them, so there is a good risk of damaging RCA connectors on your equipment, especially on vintage pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by trav0810 View Post
    I use douglas connections interconnects made by our very own helipilotdoug. great quality, great price.

sorry, that was supposed to be http://douglasconnection.com

Audiophile
    Member Sales Rating: (30)

Quote Originally Posted by bansheesho View Post
    Ok so I'm sure this has been beaten to death, but what are some recommendations for budget interconnects under $100 for the pair? Looking to connect front channels from receiver to amp. Also, recommendations on banana plugs that aren't too insane. I have some on there now that crush the wire on screw down, but I am not convinced this is a good setup.

If you are interested in making your own, I'll send you some decent shielded and twisted pair cable if you cover shipping; I don't remember the brand, but I can check when I get home. You would just need to buy RCA plugs and attached them.

Audiophile

The roll is Liberty Wire that is coaxial (solid jacketed center with braided copper shield). Decent cabling for budget DIY RCA cables, and I stand by my offer to send you as much as you want if you are interested in building a pair yourself.

Audiophile

Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 190
Size:  343.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by bansheesho View Post
    I have some on there now that crush the wire on screw down, but I am not convinced this is a good setup.

I've bought those frome Lowe's - still using 'em. They'll handle 10 ga wire. Two "large pkgs" will do most, if not all, of a 5.1 system for under $1 per speaker. You'll need a small precision flat blade screwdriver.

Member Sales Rating: (60)

Quote Originally Posted by trav0810 View Post

I'll second this. I'll have a review of these up sometime next week. Excellent cables.
    2CH - Magnepan MGIIIA's, Rogue Audio Magnum 66 pre, Parasound HCA1200 MKII, Douglas Connection IC's and Cables, Oppo BDP-83SE

Main HT - Adcom GFA7400, Rti70, Csi40, Rti28, Onkyo TX-SR705, Sony BDP-S1000ES, Signal Cable Analog 2 IC's, Mitsubishi 65" DLP, M&K 1250 THX Sub, Knu Koncepts cables

Mini HT - Samsung 46" 3D TV + 3D Blu ray player, HK AVR 254, Rti8's, Athena 12" sub

Most of the stuff from monoprice is pretty good but I found their premium banana plugs to be less than premium. You have to take out the plastic color rings in order to get them to work well unless you have very large guage wire, which you may.

For RCA cables I just buy monoprice component cables and then rip them apart. You can even get the premium ones. The full 5 set at 3 ft should do for a sound system.

I just got a set of Morrow Audio cables... They were pretty good and start from $50.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations. I will most likley get the Audioquest sidewinder cables. Thank you zingo for the offer on the cable.

I second the blue jeans cables, fantastic

Thread Information