I have a 2010 Altima sedan with the factory Bose system. I think that the Bose sounds OK, but I am tired of the 6x9" rear deck "woofers" clipping on low frequencies when I turn the volume up. I understand that putting an enclosed sub-woofer to my trunk will solve this problem and have been recommended an "in-line" setup. I am not looking for anything real loud or crazy.
- Can someone provide a recommendation for an amp/woofer combination for my Altima?
- Is this something I can install myself? (I am moderately handy)
- Do I have to run it from the HU or can I just tap into the speaker wires? What are the advantages of running to the HU?
- Will the current 6 speakers how have more power available (ans sound better) since the lows are being being handled by the new sub-woofer?
- Do I need a separate sub-control on my dash?