Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

Sorry to hear that Mike! Hope it all comes back soon! Parts of N.J. are a real mess.

cnh
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Southern New Jersey, the clean part, where all the manure is...

No one was ever turned away from working because they were non union. They were given a document from the IBEW and got the wrong idea. Talk about BS...

And just to clarify, I didn't claim this was a result of global warming. I did say that storms are going to increase in frequency and intensity because of it.
    I smell ass, burning ass, glowing cherry red spanked ass.

RT1

Member Sales Rating: (31)

Quote Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
    Comedy ? Tell ya pal, wish it was. Here's a good rundown on how it all played out.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/who-...eir-statement/

Now want to talk about comedy ? How about Mayor bloom bugger running a marathon and supplying them with generators while the citizens without power freeze. Half ass backwards if you ask me. Someone has their priorities all screwed up. I realize the city can't possibly supply enough generators for everyone, but you think the ones they do have can maybe go to senior citizens, retirement homes, or others in need.

Again I ask, where is Fema ? Shouldn't they be supplying some basics by way of helicopter to those stranded ? I was watching the news the other day and Christie was on from Jersey. The stupid reporter asked the dumbest question to a governor of a demolished state, obviously tired from being up for a long time. " So what about the presidential election Governor ? " Christie to his credit, blasted the reporter. Said he could care less about politics at this time. He said more but lets leave it at that. Now in one state you have a governor who is hands on trying to get help to people. In another state next door, you have a Mayor more concerned about running a marathon. Kinda puts things into perspective wouldn't you say ?

BTW, kudos to all the volunteers, people from other states flocking in to lend a hand. Thats the america I know and love and couldn't be more proud of these people/companies that are helping those in need.
    http://blog.al.com/breaking/2012/11/..._river_default

As for FEMA, they're all over NJ, Long Island, and Staten Island helping out right now.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Wow, finally got our phone/tv/internet back today; longest 6 days of my life, with two teenagers clamoring for 'net access!

This storm was/is brutal, to put it mildly. I feel for all the people still without power, especially seeing all the long lines at the gas stations and the literal fistfights breaking out for a 5 gallon can of gas. You think "well, I'm good, I finally got a generator" only to disover you can't keep it going. Damn.

We have three huge trees down in our back yard, our pool is pretty much destroyed, and we lost about 10 sections of stockade fence, but nothing hit the house, thank God. No injuries to any family or friends that I am aware of, but we have a ton of cleanup to work on for awhile.
    I hope everyone west and in NJ keep their spirits up, and that things will improve soon.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/

Thanks for that informative, INTELLIGENT link, Face.

I liked Christie's response to the reporter's moronic question; basically, "Eff Politics, we have people to help".

Just for giggles, a small observation in that link Face.

The article verifies the claims by the GM of Decatur Utilities, Ray Hardin. Then goes on to deny the issue from Huntsville and Joe wheeler coop. Well, those last 2 were not the ones complaining about being turned away. While that situation maynot have happened to those last 2 mentioned companies, it still doesn't mean it didn't happen to Decatur.

Now it is very possible the guys from Decatur just didn't know the process involved which could very well be the case but knowing first hand how unions operate, it's a very believable scenario.

Crap, now they're talking about us possibly getting clobbered by a Nor'easter next week!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2068916.html
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, Boston PV-600 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Southern New Jersey, the clean part, where all the manure is...

Now it is very possible the guys from Decatur just didn't know the process involved which could very well be the case but knowing first hand how unions operate, it's a very believable scenario.
    That is the case. That crap never happened. PERIOD. If anything, the union will put them on permit, which means they are to be paid prevailing wage. All this horsesh!t stems from some numbnuts back in Decatur fearin his boys might get some sorta idears from the damn Yankees...

There is an agreement that in times of emergency the there can be no distinction from unionized and merit shops. And it's taken seriously...
    I smell ass, burning ass, glowing cherry red spanked ass.

RT1

Member Sales Rating: (17)

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    Sal, no one owns a chainsaw?
    Quote Originally Posted by audiocr381ve View Post
    or a truck and chains?

They do, but there are live wires entangled with the tree. Even the DPW guys from my town said that they need PSEG to cut the wires first.
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!

My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/

It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

Member Sales Rating: (31)

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Thanks for posting that, Face.

Thread Information