Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DARED SL2000a

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by audiocr381ve View Post
    I'll try that, but what's the permanent solution and why do you think others aren't reporting this?
    Yeah I would give it a try to confirm or eliminate a GL as the problem.Ground loops are system dependant so will not always be a problem.You mentioned in a previous post someone else was experiencing a hum issue also,did they find a solution?

Quote Originally Posted by FTGV View Post
    Yeah I would give it a try to confirm or eliminate a GL as the problem.Ground loops are system dependant so will not always be a problem.You mentioned in a previous post someone else was experiencing a hum issue also,did they find a solution?
    I did take a peak inside and didn't notice anything unusual. Looked all stock under the hood.

Is their a reason why the Dared is causing the problem and not other pieces of gear? I mean, my TV in my leaving room seems to have a ground loop problem but my audio never did until moving the Dared into place.

My APC H15 has a ground on it, could I use it to create a central ground for everything plugged into it? I don't know if that even made sense.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions thus far.

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Take it to a buddies house if you can and see if it does the same thing. If it is a ground loop, they can be a PITA to isolate and eliminate.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Quote Originally Posted by audiocr381ve View Post
    Is their a reason why the Dared is causing the problem and not other pieces of gear?
    See post #22.
    If you have a two pronged extension cord laying around you can use it for a quick test.

I have found fm splitters have a larger chance of ground interference that others. I disconnect the cable isolator for the fm radio and the signal goes dead on noise. direct to tv or radio has o effect but the split seems to create a problem.

Bought some cheater plugs from Rat Shack today and the did NOT stop hum from coming through. Very strange. Replacing tubes is next!

Thread Information