Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Prayers needed

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Prayers needed

I will keep things short this time around I promise.

I got admitted to the hospital Tuesday night. I am still here awaiting some answers as to if I am having a massive Crohns flare or another infection like I battled earlier this year in Jan/Feb/March.We are already dealing with some of the same paperwork/office politics we did last time around, so I would appreciate prayers for the following:

1. Decisiveness in creating a treatment/procedure plan on for the different departments and doctors I am dealing with. We normally go through a holding pattern where Surgeon's dont want to see me as my CT shows active Crohns, and the GI guys say its an infection due to the symptoms I am having which I wont go into details on to spare you all. Normally its 2-3 days before they decide if they are going to actually do anything, during which I am confined to only clear liquids, which is you haven't been on before, pray you never have to.

2. That this isn't anything big so I can go home and not mess with our vacation plans to leave on Saturday for TN.

3. Peace for my wife. This isn't the first time we have been on this merry go round, however this is the first time she has been on it while pregnant which adds a whole new level of complexity to things.

4. Continued Strength and Patience for both myself and my wife. This is hard for me to just sit here not at work, and be mostly confined to a bed, it also gets boring very fast.

So for those who didnt catch it in #3, we are expecting our first child, a girl on February 4th of this year. I am already working hard to ensure she is properly indoctrinated in audio already . We are tentatively agreed on the name Skye Meridith Pedersen.

If folks want more in depth I can, but at this point prayers for myself and my family are more than enough.
    Last edited by EndersShadow; 11-15-2012 at 09:49 AM.
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Main HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse DVR | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office Rig: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Pro-ject Debut III | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse DVR | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

Member Sales Rating: (1)

good Karma sent Dan hang in there pal

So sorry to hear about your health issues. Keeping good thoughts for you and yours and hope this episode is short lived!
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills, polyswitches removed, Lg Solen inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR binding posts, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheets (3" strips) installed on back wall behind MW's & Tweeters, interior of cabinets sealed, AI-1 interface with 1000VA transformer

Thoughts and prayers coming your way.
    I got static in my head
    The reflected sound of everything

Member Sales Rating: (7)

You will be fine, my friend :) Have a great vacation!
    Gears shared to both living room & bedroom:
    Integra DHC-80.3 / Oppo BDP-105 / DirecTV HR24 DVR /APC S15blk PC-UPS
    Living room:
    LSiM707's / LSiM706c / LSiM702 F/X's / dual JL Audio Fathom F113's / Parasound Halo A51 / Panasonic 65" TC-P65VT50
    Bedroom:
    Usher Dancer Mini 2 Diamond DMD's / Logitech SB Touch / W4S STP-SE / W4S DAC-2 / W4S ST-1000 / Samsung 52" LN52B750
    Other rooms:
    Audioengine AP4's / GLOW Audio Sub One / audio-gd NFB-3 DAC / Audioengine N22
    audio-gd NFB-10.2 / Denon AH-D7000

Hey Dan,

Hope you get better quick!!

Also, congrats on the baby! That is so exciting. I like the name. You have until about Christmas 2013 for your gear to be safe, then it is barrier time
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Squeezebox Duet; Oppo BDP-83
    Amps: PS Audio GCPH; PS Audio DLIII(Cullen mods IV); Parasound Halo P3; B & K Reference 200.2
    Speakers: Polk - LSi15's(db sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave (In Progress)
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Good thoughts and prayers for you and your wife.

Get well soon Dan,thoughts and prayers sent.Congratulations on having a baby.

Hang in there,man! Feb. is my two sons birth month,and I exposed both of em to audio all during my wife's pregnancy! Depending what was played, either got very active or mellow in there! You sound like you have it together with your daughter, my best wishes to the three of you!

Quote Originally Posted by hochpt21 View Post
    Hey Dan,

Hope you get better quick!!

Also, congrats on the baby! That is so exciting. I like the name. You have until about Christmas 2013 for your gear to be safe, then it is barrier time
    Yup, thats why I have been on a crazy project spree, trying to get as much for my setup before Skye comes cause then priorities change big time. So thats why I sold most of the office rig (still need to unload my Monitor 60's) got a headphone setup as well got my Carver M1.0t sent to be refurbed and got my last set of speaker wires for a bit.

Thankfully momma hates my current open rack and likes the closed wood ones so hoping to look at something from Salamander or Standout Designs to use which would then let me lock it and have tinted glass for remote purposes .

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfatdogs View Post
    Get well soon Dan,thoughts and prayers sent.Congratulations on having a baby.
    Thanks, was keeping it a bit on the downlow at first with a couple guys here knowing what was going on. But we are past the scary parts (pregnancy wise, the rest is still darned scary).

Quote Originally Posted by Msabot1 View Post
    Hang in there,man! Feb. is my two sons birth month,and I exposed both of em to audio all during my wife's pregnancy! Depending what was played, either got very active or mellow in there! You sound like you have it together with your daughter, my best wishes to the three of you!
    Skye is already like her daddy. When she hears some good bass she starts dancing in momma's belly . Which just means she really "wants" daddy to have some monster subs so we can all dance together

P.S. mommy isnt buying that line yet

Back to me, so far it looks like the Surgeons will be doing something, very hopefully today so I stopped drinking anything on the chance it can be today and soon. Plus lets me honest, a clear liquid diet and no drinking at all isnt really much of a difference.
    Last edited by EndersShadow; 11-15-2012 at 11:55 AM.

Main HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse DVR | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office Rig: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Pro-ject Debut III | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Sales Rating
    Gear

My wife has Chron's so I know what you are dealing with. Sending good energy your way.
    Bedroom 2 channel: NAD C316BEE, Marantz cd6004, Polk Audio TSi100, Audioquest Bedrock & King Cobra
    HT: Onkyo HT-RC360, Athena Micra 6

Cool

You be cool,man. One audio freak to another! Also this is a neat site! I'm glad I ran into it!

All good thoughts and prayers from me and deb your way Dan.

We know you have fought this before, we hope god guides the docs and you in healing.

And the baby is such a blessing, congrats.

You have always been there for me and deb, and we thank you.
    humpty dumpty was pushed

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, Boston PV-600 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

Prayers and blessings dispatched and remind the wife "As your days are, so shall your strength be"

Member Sales Rating: (22)

Directly over the center of the earth in Olathe Kansas

Best wishes for a speedy recovery
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs

Ofc: Wright WLA12 preamp: Anthem Amp 1: Pio Elite DV-79AVI: Airport Express: CAL Sigma II DAC: PA LS90 sonicaps and mills

Quote Originally Posted by scottyboy76 View Post
    And the baby is such a blessing, congrats.
    I couldn't agree more Scotty, the baby is a blessing and we are VERY thankful for it (we lost our first before the first trimester was over) although daddy would have preferred a boy to start with, now he's got to buy a shotgun .

I appreciate the prayers and thoughts from everyone. Hoping to talk to the Surgeon today and hopefully get this bugger figured out.

Sales Rating
    Gear

Sorry for the medical holding pattern. Prayers sent your way from the hills of TN. If not in surgery and up to it call me. Take care.

Sending prayers your way. Take care. Hope everything works out.
    HT System:
    Pioneer VSX-820-k
    Front: Polk Monitor 7B Restored
    Rear: Currently not in service
    Center: Boston Acoustic VR12
    Sub: Bowers & Wilkins ASW600

2Ch:
    Restored Pioneer VSX-1250
    Yamaha P-500 Turntable

Living Room:
    NAD 7240PE
    Klipsch KG4

Bedroom:
    Harman Kardon 3380
    Bowers & Wilkins DM601
    Polk PSW10

In and out of rotation:
    KLH Model 6,
    Polk Monitor 5 Series II
    Design Acoustic PS-10A
    NAD 7100

Prayers sent bro! I agree with you liquid diets leave a little to be desired.
    Fronts - LS-90
    Center - CS-400i
    Sides - FX-1000
    Rears - AB755 (2)
    Sub - SVS 25-31 PC-Plus
    Amp - B&K AVR317

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Sending prayers your way from me and all the crazies on the Pittsburgh Vintage HiFi Forum.

Congrats to you and your wife for your child!

God Bless you, wife and child!
    Carl

Quote Originally Posted by schwarcw View Post
    Sending prayers your way from me and all the crazies on the Pittsburgh Vintage HiFi Forum.

Congrats to you and your wife for your child!

God Bless you, wife and child!
    Appreciate it. Tomorrow afternoon we will know more. Until then its 10 mins and counting till my dilaudid and benadryl shots so I am gonna call it a night fellas cause the drugs will call it for me otherwise.

Sales Rating
    Gear

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Sweet dreams!
    Carl

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Best of luck to you. Prayers & thoughts go out to you & your family!!!
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "
    Panny 65" 3D Plasma
    Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A3010 AVR
    D>SONIC M2-600M mono's / mains
    Rotel RMB-1095 / 5 channel amp
    Rotel RMB-1075 / 5 channel amp
    TEAC UD - 501 DAC
    Oppo BDP-93
    SONOS System
    KEF Q900 / mains
    KEF Q600 / center
    KEF Q800 / surrounds
    KEF Q100 / rear surr.
    Def Tech ProMonitor 1000 / front & rear presence
    Velodyne SPL-1200R subs / dual pair
    DSPeaker Anti-Mode 8033 sub EQ
    Equitech Balanced Power Son of Q 1.5R
    Extensive room treatments

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

Hang in their ES, we're pulling, praying for you! Just out of curiosity how long have you had the Crohn's diagnosis?

Do all your doctors agree on that? And have you ever been anywhere where you could have picked up intestinal parasites or been checked for a parasitic infection.

Just a shot in the dark. But I "know" that most M.D.s cannot diagnose parasitic infections unless they have extensive, and I mean extensive experience in third world contexts. I went through this after my first return from a more rural China in the late '80s. Misdiagnosed time after time. Unbelievably ill for a half year. Incapacitated, almost. Told it was stress. Tests showed "nothing"? A few hundred dollars (back then) and a Fifth Avenue Doctor with 20 years of experience in Africa and Bingo--not one, but four parasites!

Not saying that's a factor here. Just wondering out loud because anyone, including M.D.s can make mistakes?

Take care.

cnh
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

Member Sales Rating: (19)

Prays sent.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by cnh View Post
    Hang in their ES, we're pulling, praying for you! Just out of curiosity how long have you had the Crohn's diagnosis?
    At this point its been about 15+ years since I was diagnosed.

Quote Originally Posted by cnh View Post
    Do all your doctors agree on that? And have you ever been anywhere where you could have picked up intestinal parasites or been checked for a parasitic infection.

Just a shot in the dark. But I "know" that most M.D.s cannot diagnose parasitic infections unless they have extensive, and I mean extensive experience in third world contexts. I went through this after my first return from a more rural China in the late '80s. Misdiagnosed time after time. Unbelievably ill for a half year. Incapacitated, almost. Told it was stress. Tests showed "nothing"? A few hundred dollars (back then) and a Fifth Avenue Doctor with 20 years of experience in Africa and Bingo--not one, but four parasites!

Not saying that's a factor here. Just wondering out loud because anyone, including M.D.s can make mistakes?
    At this point all the doctors have agreed for a long time about the diagnosis. It took them the better part of a year or so to actually label it Crohns and I underwent a BUNCH of testing to determine that all when I was about 14.

I have traveled, but not that much, or often enough to have picked up anything. When I was diagnosed, I had never left the country and to date have only Mexico 2 times many many years ago.

No worries about thinking out loud, I do that as well, however in this case the diagnosis is correct and we have years of testing to back it up.

Now with that said its not saying there isnt something else underlying my current bunch of issues that happened this year, but its highly unlikely given all the testing I have been under and department that have looked at me.

To date I believe I have had 10+ colonoscopies, 4 endoscopies, bunches of CT scans, White blood cell tagging ect?

Sales Rating
    Gear

My prayers are with you and your family. Read jeremiah 29 ii. May god bless you with guidance, health, peace, happiness, protection, and everything that he has for you and your family....

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Prayers sent Dan. Hope things get better very soon.
    Sunfire Theater Grand IV
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature
    SRS 2.1TL
    SDA 2BTL's
    CSiA6
    FXiA4
    FXiA6
    SDA 2A's
    Monitor 10A's

http://www.douglasconnection.com

Praying for you Dan, and hoping the Lord shows you the reason for this thing in your life. As all things come from God for his purpose and the good of alll that Love him.

Thread Information