Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: celebration day

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Default celebration day

on the way!

Member Sales Rating: (14)

Mine too. Should arrive tomorrow. I ordered the BluRay audio, and the vinyl. The vinyl isn't out until next month.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.

blue ray and cd's for me...should be fun...just gotta make sure wifey is out for a few hours;

I should clarify - I got the bluray audio disc, with the 24-bit audio.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Mine shipped earlier today, 2 dvd's, 2 cd set. I saw it in the theater and it was spectacular. Very, very tight, dynamic and the production value is superb and no-nonsense.

Here's a couple excellent reads.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...year-wait.html

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage.../4579123/.html

H9
    Last edited by heiney9; 11-19-2012 at 07:04 PM.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Check out post 34 here:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...05#post1839005

This is really pissing me off....

deleted

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Got my copy tonight from best buy. 2 cd and blu ray video for me. CD sounds pretty darn good so far.
    Marantz 7005 + Adcom GFA-7500
    LSI15,9s,LSIC
    JL Fathom F112
    Marantz UD7006
    Squeezebox Touch + Hegel hd11

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Picked it up last night and was listening to the first cd on the way home. I can't wait to watch the video. I sprung for the 2 cd 2 dvd set, one of the reviews on Amazon said not to bother with the bonus DVD which contained the rehearsal footage, we'll see.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Mine's on the way as well. I ordered the 1 BD 2CD and bonus DVD set. I hope those reviews are incorrect nap.

That said, I am wondering when the re-remasters are released next year if they will be available in Blu-Ray Audio discs and the SACD's will never even be considered. The Blu-Ray Audio disc of this release has me thinking that, but I hope that's not the case.
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

Ok, I'm getting first ears on the BluRay audio right now. Holy freakin' mother of God! This is as good as music gets. This is why I spend my money on audio equipment. This one recording right here. When I die and they lay me in a coffin, I want them to put headphones on me, and just loop this recording for all eternity.

Member Sales Rating: (5)

Saw it last week. There are some overdubs, particularly with Jimmy's guitar parts. That said, I loved the movie and can't wait to get a copy of the Blu-ray.
    -Kevin
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    HT: Philips 52PFL7432D 52" LCD 1080p / Onkyo TX-SR 606 / Oppo BDP-83 SE / Comcast cable. (all HDMI)

Polk LS 90's - Front
    Polk CS350 LS - Center
    Polk Monitor 50's - Rear
    JBL Northridge E150P - Sub

2 Channel:
    Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Muscial Fidelity M1 DAC
    VTL 2.5
    McIntosh 2205 (refurbed)
    Polk LS90's (spiked & tweeked)
    Cardas IC's
    Cardas Bi-Wire

i get mine friday....i'll bet the overdubs on jp's axe were to clean up any stadium related noise..

Quote Originally Posted by sda2mike View Post
    i get mine friday....i'll bet the overdubs on jp's axe were to clean up any stadium related noise..
    I would like to think so, but I am afraid not.
    -Kevin
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    HT: Philips 52PFL7432D 52" LCD 1080p / Onkyo TX-SR 606 / Oppo BDP-83 SE / Comcast cable. (all HDMI)

Polk LS 90's - Front
    Polk CS350 LS - Center
    Polk Monitor 50's - Rear
    JBL Northridge E150P - Sub

2 Channel:
    Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Muscial Fidelity M1 DAC
    VTL 2.5
    McIntosh 2205 (refurbed)
    Polk LS90's (spiked & tweeked)
    Cardas IC's
    Cardas Bi-Wire

Jason is absolutely incredible, I'll tell you that for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by nspindel View Post
    can't beat the right mix of DNA................and talent and desire:)

I've heard a couple of different bootlegs of this show. None of them even come close. This recording is a masterpiece.

Default NYC press conference

NYC press conference unedited, looks like from a cell phone:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=r...&v=Qy0PMwB3DyA

So I guess this will be worthy of a purchase. How The West Was Won is hard to beat, however seeing Jason in place of his father is probably well worth purchasing the Blu Ray cd combo.

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Got the 2 CD/Blu-ray combo yesterday. CD1 ended up being background music, CD2 I sat down to listen. Overall it's ok, certainly crankable, but too bass heavy causing other elements to get lost. I will say it's way better than that ear bleeding disaster called Mothership. I haven't got to the Blu-ray yet.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Darn, darn, darn. That doesn't give me a good feeling about the latest remasters Jimmy Page is doing. My set arrived today, and I will watch the BR tomorrow night. Hopefully, it is a straight recording of the live show with no enhancement.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    Darn, darn, darn. That doesn't give me a good feeling about the latest remasters Jimmy Page is doing. My set arrived today, and I will watch the BR tomorrow night. Hopefully, it is a straight recording of the live show with no enhancement.
    As long as Jimmy doesn't remix the CD's that he is mastering and/or tinker with the highs, low, and midrange to make it out of whack they should be OK. The preponderance of bass in Celebration Day may be due to the mixing Jimmy did. I'm not 100% sure he mixed the audio, but if he didn't whoever did mix it may have overdone the bass. I wouldn't get too disheartened yet about the remasterings.

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

Member Sales Rating: (13)

That said, I am wondering when the re-remasters are released next year if they will be available in Blu-Ray Audio discs and the SACD's will never even be considered. The Blu-Ray Audio disc of this release has me thinking that, but I hope that's not the case.
    I thought the Blu-ray audio disc was a poor choice as that format is going nowhere. SACD would have been the smart way to go.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    I thought the Blu-ray audio disc was a poor choice as that format is going nowhere. SACD would have been the smart way to go.
    I almost made a mistake by ordering the BR audio only disc. Disappointed because I prefer just a single disc blu-ray with video since I have the vinyl on pre-order. That said, I bit it and sprung for the 4 disc BR, DVD, CD combo.

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    Yeah Jesse. I agree it's a poor choice because it's not really taking off as SACD did. It's also a poorer choice than SACD as SACD sounds better than Blu-ray audio as you know.

Quote Originally Posted by nspindel View Post
    One thing that kind of disappointed me was that they didn't do Moby Dick. It would have been interesting to see Jason try that drum solo and pay homage to his dad.

Actually, Jason Bonham now tours with an incredibly good cover band that he calls the Led Zeppelin Experience. I saw his show in my town two years ago, and it was really good. He did Moby Dick, synced to a video of his dad doing it. It was pretty amazing.

To Jesse's point, I unfortunately don't think this album was mixed for us audiophiles in mind. My first listen was at work, on my iPhone earbuds. With earbuds I actually thought it sounded really good. But then I listened on the sda's and found it bass heavy and not very transparent. What they say about modern music being mixed to sound good on earbuds is not just a legend.

Regardless, the performance was off the charts.

Listening this morning on my little Squeezebox Radio and it sounds great. Sounds fantastic everywhere but good gear. An audiophile's life ain't an easy one.....

Brock, clean out your inbox.

Thread Information