Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: celebration day

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Just picked it up today because of this thread

Got the 2 cd and BR.

Listened to disc 1 in my car. It took me about one song to get used to the sound. I dig live recorded music and this is very good quality, but you can tell it is in a very large venue. Almost sounded 'echoey'/boomey, but I get that, and after I turned the bass down just a couple hairs, we were good to go.

I am excited to listen to more and I'm really digging it so far. I even sat in my car at work for about 5 min finishing a song before going inside. Interested to see how it will sound at home compared to my car.
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Oppo BDP-105; Amps: Anthem Integrated 225; PS Audio GCPH Speakers: Polk - LSi15's (sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; B&K Reference 200.2; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Bought the bluray 2 days ago, should be here soon. didnt know it came on vinyl?
    Mcintosh MC2300
    Mcintosh 2105
    Integra Pre amp 9.8
    Pro-ject Record Player
    Sony 200 disc CD Changer
    Basic Wiring
    60" Samsung Series 8
    SDA-1.2TL
    SDA-3.1TL (unused at the moment)

Member Sales Rating: (14)

Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.

Listening to it now, CD1. As far as CDs go, it isn't bad, especially considering it is live. Like many CDs, it needs to be turned up before it opens up. My Radio Shack SPM shows it mostly in the high 80s to mid 90s, and it is listenable. That is a big plus. The distortion from being compressed has not yet appeared. I will be so glad when my right channel amp comes back from repair. These guys need 800W/ch versus 350W/ch.

The HT is warming up now for the BR. Another hour or so and it will time to change venues.

Well, the volume has crept up, and now we are hitting high 90s and low 100s.
    Last edited by BlueFox; 11-22-2012 at 12:14 AM.

One thing I just noticed is that it uses the title option on the tracks. I have only seen this work before on SACDs. Nice tweak.

Now at 8 on the BR, and starting CD2. I did get side-tracked with the Japanese SACD of Exile On Main Street, but now am back on Celebration Day. So far, I really like this CD and BR combo.

Just finished importing the two CDs onto the music server. That will improve the sound quality a notch or so. After all the food settles and I switch into 'beer mode' for serious listening, I will revaluate the songs. CD2 does sound better than CD1, and the BR is great in 5.1. The rear is mostly audience ambiance.

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Watched/listened to the Blu-ray tonight, excellent. It is what I was hoping for on the CD's instead of the veiled, boomy almost mono soundstage mix. WTF is up with that?

What a show....rock and roll, baby, rock and roll.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    Watched/listened to the Blu-ray tonight, excellent. It is what I was hoping for on the CD's instead of the veiled, boomy almost mono soundstage mix. WTF is up with that?

What a show....rock and roll, baby, rock and roll.
    Did you watch it in stereo or 5.1 Jesse?
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

5.1 on the HT rig. The CD's on the big SDA rig. It should have sounded better on the big rig, better gear and better speakers.

Playing Zep I (SHM-CD) on the big rig right now, glorious!

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (4)

5.1 on the HT rig. The CD's on the big SDA rig. It should have sounded better on the big rig, better gear and better speakers.

Playing Zep I (SHM-CD) on the big rig right now, glorious!
    Still haven't listened to or watched the BD or heard the CD's. I am slacking. I will get in that soon though.

Enjoy Zep I sir!
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

It might just be me, but is anyone else hearing something that sounds like feedback from one of the microphones? It's a light, super-high pitched feedback sound. It's only during quiet passages of the songs...not in between songs though. I can hear it for sure towards the end of Black Dog, and the beginning of In My Time Of Dying.

I will have to listen again, but I had to turn it off in the car because it hurt my ears after awhile.
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Oppo BDP-105; Amps: Anthem Integrated 225; PS Audio GCPH Speakers: Polk - LSi15's (sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; B&K Reference 200.2; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Me and the wife went out to dinner last night on the way, I convinced her to let me stop into Best Buy I figured what the heck the lines cant be that long. Needless to say after 30 minutes we were in and out with the Blu Ray 2cd copy. I kept thinking man cant wait till after dinner to check it out. We had a few drinks ate got home and we watched it together her being a modest Zep fan me die hard. It is friggen awesome sounds great.

I had cranked up the volume a bit in the begining with the tv footage, before they went to the show and damn once the show started the thunderous boom had me reaching for the remote to turn it down a tad, we both looked at each other and said damn were in for a show, and a show it was. I was impressed with everyone Plants vocals were still good Pagey still has it Jones still has it, and Jason represented his Father well. Jason had his own band, was in UFO for a stint and with Foreinger, now in Zep, a dream come true. He now is in Black Country Communion atta boy Jason well done. If this was the mighty Zeps last Swan Song it was a good one

Got the 2 CD/Blu-ray combo yesterday. CD1 ended up being background music, CD2 I sat down to listen. Overall it's ok, certainly crankable, but too bass heavy causing other elements to get lost. I will say it's way better than that ear bleeding disaster called Mothership. I haven't got to the Blu-ray yet.
    Yesterday, I loaded the 2 CDs onto my music server. Tonight I noticed every song on CD1 is labeled "(Live)", and not on CD2. Are these two different recordings?

No, they only did the one show. The CD play list and music is the same as on the Blu-ray.

Member Sales Rating: (8)

gave it a good listen over the weekend...the blu ray for me is the best experience...to see page's swagger and additude is priceless...let alone playing his arse off! the feeling of the show was 'celebration'..someone posted earlier that they felt page had overdubbed some guitar parts..i didn't see it..matter of fact, there were alot of spots where, if they were going to overdub they would have smoothed them out...some of page's phrasing got caught up in the exuberance and didn't include a resolve...the band sometimes lost a couple steps before charging back..plant had the toughest time. his instrument changed the most..he's singing an octave lower..jones was killin..of course jason bonham did his daddy proud! page, even with the odd flubbed line, was off the charts with soul! pure feeling..think back 30 years ago and it didn't look like page knew his name..yes, celebration! i hope this recording finds new generations of fans..lz deserves it..

No, they only did the one show. The CD play list and music is the same as on the Blu-ray.
    Oops, wasn't clear enough. We know CD2 sounds better than CD1 from the same show, so something is different. When I noticed CD1 is labeled live, and the other isn't I started thinking that CD1 was done by one group, and CD2 was done by another. Which would explain why two CDs of the same show sound different. Anyway, it doesn't matter since it will not change anything.

Watching the video for the first time, just been listening to the audio up till now. All I can say is that the 20,000 or so people who were in O2 that night are the luckiest mo-fo's who have ever gone to a rock concert.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.

Make sure to set your DVR's for David Letterman tonight, boys and girls......

Gonna watch it live...
    My humble setup...

...is no more.

Watching the football game

Anyone get the vinyl yet? I'm hoping to have it today.

Thread Information