Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 121
  1. #91

    Member Sales Rating: (3)

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,187

    Default

    Great testimonial TR,once again Oppo's customer service goes above and beyond for their loyal customer. This__ is just one of the reasons we spend our hard earned money on an Oppo product.

  2. #92

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    341

    Default

    I have had an SACD issue with my BDP-95. After hitting the play button there are several clicks of relays and then sound. The disc has already started to play and the sound starts about 10 seconds into the disc. I have also noticed a few times that I play an SACD and no sound comes out of the 2.1 or 7.1 analog outs. Any ideas?

  3. #93

    Member Sales Rating: (7)

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    480

    Default

    Don't mean to bring up an "old" thread but I just purchased and received my very first Oppo-103. THIS THING IS AWESOME!!!

    Audio/Video are both huge improvements, even coming from a Playstation 3. I love it so far. (in the process of watching Captain America)
    Samsung LN52A850 (52" 1080P LCD TV) | RTi A9's (Fronts) | Csi A6(Center) | FXi A6 (Rear Surrounds) | SVS PB12-NSD (Sub) | Oppo BDP-103 | Panamax M5300-PM

    Pre-Amp: Marantz AV7005 | Amp: Emotiva XPA-5 | Speaker wires: Signal Cables | Interconnects: Signal Cables

  4. #94

    Member Sales Rating: (49)

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Wyred 4 Sound
    Posts
    11,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FittyFieFo View Post
    Don't mean to bring up an "old" thread but I just purchased and received my very first Oppo-103. THIS THING IS AWESOME!!!

    Audio/Video are both huge improvements, even coming from a Playstation 3. I love it so far. (in the process of watching Captain America)
    Congrats!! I love my OPPO's
    No Way But The Hard Way, So Get Used To It!!!

  5. #95

    Member Sales Rating: (7)

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toolfan66 View Post
    Congrats!! I love my OPPO's
    Thanks! After seeing everyone raving about this product, I had to see for myself. It does not disappoint. Looking forward to tweaking the settings when I have a chance.
    Samsung LN52A850 (52" 1080P LCD TV) | RTi A9's (Fronts) | Csi A6(Center) | FXi A6 (Rear Surrounds) | SVS PB12-NSD (Sub) | Oppo BDP-103 | Panamax M5300-PM

    Pre-Amp: Marantz AV7005 | Amp: Emotiva XPA-5 | Speaker wires: Signal Cables | Interconnects: Signal Cables

  6. #96

    Member Sales Rating: (41)

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    8,745

    Default

    About time rookie.

    Congrats!

  7. #97

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    I'M BANNED,I'M NATIONWIDE
    Posts
    2,726

    Default

    To those with the new 105-how's the progression on burn-in of your player going?
    Can anyone testify to improvements after a while of use yet?
    I read 200 hours as most of you probably did as well.I noticed the Yes SACD isn't up to snuff yet compared to teh Marantz 15S2 i also use.

  8. #98

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    138

    Default

    I love Oppo. Great customer service!

  9. #99

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    200

    Default

    So is oppo gear as good as the mags say? I have never seen or heard one.

  10. #100

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    17,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brgman View Post
    I read 200 hours as most of you probably did as well.I noticed the Yes SACD isn't up to snuff yet compared to teh Marantz 15S2 i also use.

    What your probably hearing in the sound between the 2 players is the difference in dac chips. Your ears may just prefer the Marantz.

  11. #101

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    325

    Default

    I have another question about the 105 as it relates to its DACs, and computer audio. Most of my questions have centered around USB because that is what I hear about the most when it comes to computer based music. But what about HDMI? Most of the laptops coming out now have an HMDI out. Mine does, and I use it from an Asus Netbook to an HDMI in on the Sherwood. Even with streaming at only 320kbps the sound is really good. Also, with using HDMI I can choose to engage Trinnov for 5.2 Stereo Surround, or one of Trinnov's other surround settings. This is a really cool option I think. So, does anyone know what the pros/cons are when using the 105's HDMI in vs USB in for computer music?

    Devlon
    Living Room: HK AVR 354 as pre/pro, 2 x Polk Audio Micropro 4000, Adcom GFA-7500, 2 x Mirage OMD-15
    2 x Mirage OMD-5, 1 x Mirage OMD-C1, APC H15, Sony S790, Philips 52" LCD, Beogram 3000, FAT (Firestone Audio Tobby DAC), Harmony One

    Den: Sherwood R-972,as pre/pro, 2 x Velodyne SPL-1000R, 3 x Crown Drivecore XLS1500, 2 x Polk Audio Lsi9
    1 x Polk Audio Lsic, 2 x Polk Audio Lsifx, Sony S790, APC H15, Dspeaker Dual Core 2.0, W4S DAC 2, Keces DA-151

  12. #102

    Member Sales Rating: (6)

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    3,473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devlon View Post
    I have another question about the 105 as it relates to its DACs, and computer audio. Most of my questions have centered around USB because that is what I hear about the most when it comes to computer based music. But what about HDMI? Most of the laptops coming out now have an HMDI out. Mine does, and I use it from an Asus Netbook to an HDMI in on the Sherwood. Even with streaming at only 320kbps the sound is really good. Also, with using HDMI I can choose to engage Trinnov for 5.2 Stereo Surround, or one of Trinnov's other surround settings. This is a really cool option I think. So, does anyone know what the pros/cons are when using the 105's HDMI in vs USB in for computer music?

    Devlon
    HDMI audio out of a computer can sound very good, but USB out (when done properly) should be superior. I use both HDMI out (to my 5.1 channel system) and USB out (to my 2-channel system) from the same PC. The systems are completely different and not comparable, but I'm very happy with the audio quality of the HDMI out to my receiver. I use foobar2000 as my media player which allows me to use WASAPI with both the USB out and the HDMI out, though I use ASIO for USB .
    2-Channel:

    Source 1: PC
    Source 2: Rega Apollo CDP
    USB > SPDIF Converter: Stello U3
    DAC: Audio GD NFB-7
    Preamp: Audio Research LS-15
    Power Amp: BAT VK-500
    Speakers: Magnepan 3.7's

    HT:

    Source 1: HTPC
    Source 2: Oppo 103
    Pre/Pro: Marantz av8003
    Power Amp: Rotel RMB-1095
    Fronts: LSiM-705's
    Center: LSiM-704c
    Surrounds: LSiM-702's
    Subs: Dual SVS PC12-NSD's

  13. #103

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    I'M BANNED,I'M NATIONWIDE
    Posts
    2,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falconcry72 View Post
    HDMI audio out of a computer can sound very good, but USB out (when done properly) should be superior. I use both HDMI out (to my 5.1 channel system) and USB out (to my 2-channel system) from the same PC. The systems are completely different and not comparable, but I'm very happy with the audio quality of the HDMI out to my receiver. I use foobar2000 as my media player which allows me to use WASAPI with both the USB out and the HDMI out, though I use ASIO for USB .
    Ethernet should not be discounted either.

  14. #104

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Posts
    150

    Default

    I love my oppo-93. Not sure what really is different between the 93 and the 103. No need for me to upgrade yet I suppose.
    Sharp LC-80uq17u
    Denon 3808ci Receiver
    OPPO BDP-93 Blu-Ray Disc Player
    Monster HTS 3600
    Polk RTi-a7 (fronts)
    Polk CSi-a6 (Center)
    Polk TC-60i (Rear & Surround Rear)
    HSU Research VTF3-MK4 (Sub)
    Logitech Harmony 900 (Remote)

  15. #105

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KLapinas View Post
    So is oppo gear as good as the mags say? I have never seen or heard one.
    I would say yes. I have not been let down by my bdp-93 and have had it over 2 years.
    Sharp LC-80uq17u
    Denon 3808ci Receiver
    OPPO BDP-93 Blu-Ray Disc Player
    Monster HTS 3600
    Polk RTi-a7 (fronts)
    Polk CSi-a6 (Center)
    Polk TC-60i (Rear & Surround Rear)
    HSU Research VTF3-MK4 (Sub)
    Logitech Harmony 900 (Remote)

  16. #106

    Member Sales Rating: (6)

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    3,473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chiptouz View Post
    ...Not sure what really is different between the 93 and the 103....
    4k. HDMI inputs. Different video and audio processing chips.
    2-Channel:

    Source 1: PC
    Source 2: Rega Apollo CDP
    USB > SPDIF Converter: Stello U3
    DAC: Audio GD NFB-7
    Preamp: Audio Research LS-15
    Power Amp: BAT VK-500
    Speakers: Magnepan 3.7's

    HT:

    Source 1: HTPC
    Source 2: Oppo 103
    Pre/Pro: Marantz av8003
    Power Amp: Rotel RMB-1095
    Fronts: LSiM-705's
    Center: LSiM-704c
    Surrounds: LSiM-702's
    Subs: Dual SVS PC12-NSD's

  17. #107

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Interesting. Thanks for the response. Did you notice a huge difference over the 93? Also what are people getting for the 93 selling used?
    Sharp LC-80uq17u
    Denon 3808ci Receiver
    OPPO BDP-93 Blu-Ray Disc Player
    Monster HTS 3600
    Polk RTi-a7 (fronts)
    Polk CSi-a6 (Center)
    Polk TC-60i (Rear & Surround Rear)
    HSU Research VTF3-MK4 (Sub)
    Logitech Harmony 900 (Remote)

  18. #108

    Member Sales Rating: (6)

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    3,473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chiptouz View Post
    Interesting. Thanks for the response. Did you notice a huge difference over the 93? Also what are people getting for the 93 selling used?
    I've never owned either lol.

    Check ebay completed listings for windage on sales.


    I would imagine that they sound the same. If you NEED hdmi inputs and 4k, then you need the 103. If not, then stick with the 93.
    2-Channel:

    Source 1: PC
    Source 2: Rega Apollo CDP
    USB > SPDIF Converter: Stello U3
    DAC: Audio GD NFB-7
    Preamp: Audio Research LS-15
    Power Amp: BAT VK-500
    Speakers: Magnepan 3.7's

    HT:

    Source 1: HTPC
    Source 2: Oppo 103
    Pre/Pro: Marantz av8003
    Power Amp: Rotel RMB-1095
    Fronts: LSiM-705's
    Center: LSiM-704c
    Surrounds: LSiM-702's
    Subs: Dual SVS PC12-NSD's

  19. #109

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Posts
    150

    Default

    falconcry,

    I really don't need hdmi inputs. Mine already has dual hdmi outs (which I needed since my receiver doesn't pass 3d) and my tv (if it is a tv thing) doesn't do 4k. My next purchase will be an external amp I think.
    Sharp LC-80uq17u
    Denon 3808ci Receiver
    OPPO BDP-93 Blu-Ray Disc Player
    Monster HTS 3600
    Polk RTi-a7 (fronts)
    Polk CSi-a6 (Center)
    Polk TC-60i (Rear & Surround Rear)
    HSU Research VTF3-MK4 (Sub)
    Logitech Harmony 900 (Remote)

  20. #110

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    I'M BANNED,I'M NATIONWIDE
    Posts
    2,726

    Default

    Anyone done the mod wright tube upgrade to a 95?
    Or 105-but it seems a bit soon for anyone to have that yet.

  21. #111

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Posts
    6,139

    Default

    Here is a discussion on another forum.

    "My ModWright Oppo BDP-105 arrived yesterday as expected. I set it up last night and have started the break in process. I will post detailed impressions in a few days, but to sum it up in one word - WOW!!! I have really had a hard time tearing myself away from listening to my system... "

    http://www.audioaficionado.org/modwr...ight-mods.html

  22. #112

    Member Sales Rating: (49)

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Wyred 4 Sound
    Posts
    11,236

    Default

    I was lucky enough to get my ears on a ModWright BDP-95 and it was WOW!!


    Congrats!!
    No Way But The Hard Way, So Get Used To It!!!

  23. #113

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North Central Illinois
    Posts
    1,982

    Default

    Any one know why the network version of the 93 is $200 more than the standard version?

  24. #114

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    I'M BANNED,I'M NATIONWIDE
    Posts
    2,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    Here is a discussion on another forum.

    "My ModWright Oppo BDP-105 arrived yesterday as expected. I set it up last night and have started the break in process. I will post detailed impressions in a few days, but to sum it up in one word - WOW!!! I have really had a hard time tearing myself away from listening to my system... "

    http://www.audioaficionado.org/modwr...ight-mods.html
    Scouring this thread.Thanks.

  25. #115

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North Of The 49th
    Posts
    908

    Default

    Just a note for anyone who didn't already know: Oppo had a Beta fw version that's been out for several weeks on their 103/105 machines and it's now an official version as of a couple days ago. It's quite extensive and requires a reset of factory settings after the update. Good things include lip sync issues solved, DSD support now from external files. The bad includes big music and big movie meddling to give less support for backed up Blu-ray copies and no longer any SACD-R support.

  26. #116

    Member Sales Rating: (3)

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,187

    Default

    Thanks for the update Tornado Red, I know a number of people were posting on AVS about having an issue with the lipsync. Concerning the less support for backed up BR copies etc... Have a feeling the whole industry has come to a point where all manufacturers are not going to support new BR machines to play copies.

  27. #117

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North Of The 49th
    Posts
    908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Polkie2009 View Post
    Thanks for the update Tornado Red, I know a number of people were posting on AVS about having an issue with the lipsync. Concerning the less support for backed up BR copies etc... Have a feeling the whole industry has come to a point where all manufacturers are not going to support new BR machines to play copies.
    Think you're definitely right about that. This really isn't Oppo's doing, it's their chip manufacturers being leaned on by the entertainment industry, and so it will be with other BD player suppliers as well. I hear some people talking about not installing anymore fw versions to keep the support they have now for BD copies, SACD-R etc. Of course the down side to this will be the inability to play BD movies in the future with yet-to-be invented encryption. So some are seeking a second player to keep them up to date with technology.
    On a personal note, the Beta fw they had recently was buggy enough that I stayed away, and since my player is working great right now on old fw, I may wait a couple weeks before I install the new official one, sort of see how things shake down for everyone with this version. The Oppo thread over on AVS is a great place to keep tabs on things as they develop, like you mentioned Polkie.

  28. #118

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    No longer Castro Valley, California
    Posts
    5,100

    Default

    Oppo 105 now available in silver (yes, for the US market)

    Attached Images  

  29. #119

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North Of The 49th
    Posts
    908

    Default

    Interesting, didn't think there would be a market for silver, but what do I know, I'm sure they did the research. Only their upscale model though...are higher end system components going silver these days? I wouldn't know, I'm just one 'o the po'h folks

  30. #120

    Member Sales Rating: (3)

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,187

    Cool

    Nice touch from Oppo for those who want the option.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 68
    Last Post: 05-17-2014, 08:31 AM
  2. OPPO BDP-83 (Non-SE) Official Discussion Thread
    By Mike LoManaco in forum Electronics
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 01-25-2010, 04:05 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-01-2009, 03:05 AM
  4. X-3 Discussion.
    By cmy330go in forum Music & Movies
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-01-2006, 05:33 PM
  5. Amp discussion
    By denis87 in forum Car Audio & Electronics
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-01-2004, 10:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts