Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default LSiM703 for 2ch music, who's doing it?

I did a search and wasn't able to come up with an answer.

Anyone using the 703 for 2ch?

Can anyone share any impressions?
    Draggn' knee is exhilarating, 150mph wheel standers are pretty cool too

Home Theater-7.2
    Display-SamsungPN64D8000 | Receiver-Onkyo TX-NR807 | Source-OPPOBDP-103 | Amplifiers-Emotiva; XPA-2 x2, XPA-3 | Speakers: PolkAudio; mains-RTiA9, rears-RTiA9, center-CSiA6, surrounds-FXiA6 | Sub-Epik Empire x 2 | Interconnects-Emotiva

Cans
    Grado RS2i

2 Ch Rig
    First purchase will be; a pair of ? but I'd love a pair of SDA SRS

Member Sales Rating: (6)

I am using a pair in one of my two channel systems and love it. It's detailed, has great soundstage and imaging, great highs, mids, and lows that have to be heard to be believed for bookshelfs. Even though you can happily live without one, I run my with a good REL sub to fill out the very lows and this combo rivals many floorstanders I have owned. I know there are a few others here who use them in two channel systems and I'm sure some of them will chime in on these also.

Great! Thanks for the reply.

I've got RTiA9's in my set up I use for both H.T. and music and A9's are really great (IMO) musically, but after all I've been hearing about the LSiM speakers and even the 703's being really great musically, I've been considering adding a pair into my system for 2ch only listening.

Home Theater-7.2
    Display-SamsungPN64D8000 | Receiver-Onkyo TX-NR807 | Source-OPPOBDP-103 | Amplifiers-Emotiva; XPA-2 x2, XPA-3 | Speakers: PolkAudio; mains-RTiA9, rears-RTiA9, center-CSiA6, surrounds-FXiA6 | Sub-Epik Empire x 2 | Interconnects-Emotiva

Cans
    Grado RS2i

2 Ch Rig

Member Sales Rating: (6)

I don't think you can go wrong doing that. I used to own a set of RTI-12s, and while I know the A9s are superior to the RTI-12s, they are pretty similar. I think you'll find the 703s to be an upgrade for music in almost every way. They are not going to have the bass of the A9s, but the bass is still excellent and it's tight, toneful, musical bass. The great thing about it is if you want a little more, a good sub will do the trick. Most 703 owners I talk to are more than happy with the bass without a subwoofer for two channel use.

Since you have the space, why not step up to 707's? If you think the A9's are musical... you will be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Drenis View Post
    Since you have the space, why not step up to 707's? If you think the A9's are musical... you will be surprised.
    Are you kidding me????? That would raise a 50' red flag to an OBVIOUS system upgrade.

No, it has to be very subtle, once we have the bookies in place for awhile, THEEEEENNN we can move in the towers.

Okay, just kidding about the system upgrade, I'm JUST looking to improve my 2ch listening. IF the 703's indeed are an improvement musically and an upgrade over the A9's, then that's the direction I'd like to go.

Home Theater-7.2

Cans
    Grado RS2i

2 Ch Rig

Geoff-

I've got the east coast demo pair that I just picked up from Cody on last Friday. Limited time spent listening so far, but I am VERY impressed. Had monitor 70's and have the 2.3TL's. Obviously the 2.3 are a differant beast, but the 703 really fill my large open space well. The bass goes down quite low. They have limits such as the kick drum on Hotel California on Hell Freezes Over will cause the driver to reach it's excursion limits but really on 90% of music they are good even without sub. I need to rerun room correction software thru my Onkyo I'm using as a pre to get a better feel. For now I'm playing using pure audio setting and they are being driven by an Adcom 5400 200WPC. I'd love to hear a pair of the floorstanders myself. You need to at least audition them.

Member Sales Rating: (37)

I run 703's in my 2-channel system and I love them. No sub necessary in my smallish room (11x11). The amount of bass they put out is very impressive for a bookshelf speaker. In addition to being a great sounding speaker, they are also great looking...so I don't think you're going to slip them in without the wife noticing.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden

Thread Information