Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: EMOTIVA Catalog

Member Sales Rating: (0)

That is an absolutely gorgeous rig displayed on the blue-ray site with the big emo mono blocks. Congratulations.
    Main Family Room: Sony 46 LCD, Sony Blue Ray, Sony DVD/VCR combo,Onkyo TXNR 708, Parasound 5250,
    Polk SDS-SRS with mods, CSI 5 center + Klipsch SC2, Polk RT2000P rears, Klipsch KG 1.5's sides, Polk Micro Pro 1000, Polk Micro Pro 2000, Polk SW505, Belkin PF60, Signal Cable Classics,Monster IC's, 2 15 amp circuits & 1 20 amp circuit.

Living Room: Belkin PF60, Parasound HCA2200, MIT ProlineEXP balanced IC's,Emotiva XDA-1 DAC/Pre,Emotiva ERC2 transport,MIT AVT2, Polk LSI 9's.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    Don't they(Krell) have some production done in the big C now?

Emotiva has sold "TONS" of amps I tell ya "TONS"...Sorry Tonyb Hope your New Year is going good for You and Yours. I couldn't help myself.But I didn't have to read all 9 pages to know what this tread would be about.

Member Sales Rating: (41)

Yep, just like any other Emotiva thread on here.

Member Sales Rating: (31)

Quote Originally Posted by rdb2001 View Post
    I also think wyred 4 sound is analytical and sterile with no life and fairly bright. What do I know, that seems to be a hot brand around here.
    The only time I've heard a W4S amp match that description was when it was hooked up to a speaker designed for a SET amp. Speakers designed for low wattage amps are designed for a rolled off top end and under damped bass. Place an amp in front of it that doesn't have either of these characteristics in front of it, and it will sound awful. Just like using a set amp on a pair of 84db towers with deep bass extension, it'll sound rolled off and flabby.

I've compared Wyred amps to Pass, BMC, and a few other great SS brands and there were only subtle differences each time.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

Face,You are with out a doubt one of the few Ole Timers in here that has come into a tread and posted a Great reply on a subject on amps,speakers or AVRs.I salute You Sir!.Your post above is as unbias as they come and too the point.

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Our cat prefers R2R. Oh, sorry, wrong thread....

Our cat read this thread.........and yawned!

Make yourself necessary to someone. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Salk SoundScape 8's
    Krell KRC-HR Class A Pre w/ Reference Phono
    Krell Class A KSA-250
    Harmonic Technology Pro 9+
    Squeezebox Touch / Welborne Labs PS / I2S Out Mod
    Denon 3910 w/I2S/DSD Out
    Twisted Pear Buffalo III Dual Mono ESS Sabre32 DAC
    Sennheiser HD650
    Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive
    AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm
    AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R
    Shunyata Hydra (Original)
    NHT B-12d subs
    GIK Acoustic Treatments

CP Showcase

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Quote Originally Posted by audio_alan View Post
    Fixed it for you..... and for the record, I've had and heard other amps and my opinion stands.

Btw, how long did you let your Emotiva burn in before you declared it junk? A couple hours? Perhaps you were missing a key component in your system that might have made the Emotiva sounds better to you:

http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=3775901
    Own one??? Are you kidding me, after hearing a few around town so to speak, you couldn't give me one of their amps to use as an anchor for my boat. The bright blue lights and screaming highs would scare all the fish away.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Quote Originally Posted by Face View Post
    The only time I've heard a W4S amp match that description was when it was hooked up to a speaker designed for a SET amp. Speakers designed for low wattage amps are designed for a rolled off top end and under damped bass. Place an amp in front of it that doesn't have either of these characteristics in front of it, and it will sound awful. Just like using a set amp on a pair of 84db towers with deep bass extension, it'll sound rolled off and flabby.

I've compared Wyred amps to Pass, BMC, and a few other great SS brands and there were only subtle differences each time.
    Thanks for that reply. So you are saying that maybe the wyred amps were paired with the wrong speakers. Can the same be said when you heard emo? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by SCompRacer View Post
    Our cat prefers R2R. Oh, sorry, wrong thread....

Our cat read this thread.........and yawned!

I bet he really likes that new Italian heated aluminum bed you put together for him.

Member Sales Rating: (7)

Quote Originally Posted by rdb2001 View Post
    Thanks for that reply. So you are saying that maybe the wyred amps were paired with the wrong speakers. Can the same be said when you heard emo? Just curious.
    so which speakers did you plug in to the W4S amp?
    Gears shared to both living room & bedroom:
    Integra DHC-80.3 / Oppo BDP-105 / DirecTV HR24 DVR /APC S15blk PC-UPS
    Living room:
    LSiM707's / LSiM706c / LSiM702 F/X's / dual JL Audio Fathom F113's / Parasound Halo A51 / Panasonic 65" TC-P65VT50
    Bedroom:
    Usher Dancer Mini 2 Diamond DMD's / Logitech SB Touch / W4S STP-SE / W4S DAC-2 / W4S ST-1000 / Samsung 52" LN52B750
    Other rooms:
    Audioengine AP4's / GLOW Audio Sub One / audio-gd NFB-3 DAC / Audioengine N22
    audio-gd NFB-10.2 / Denon AH-D7000

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Quote Originally Posted by FTGV View Post
    I bet he really likes that new Italian heated aluminum bed you put together for him.
    LOL True dat Fred. He liked it better with the cover off....something about them components in there. The wife tells me he was checking out the Krell KSL phono board recap too. I had left the cover off while I was checking voltages, so I had to put the cover back on it today. It might be good for him to get a little bite from it.

Next month he may have a real burner to try out. A Krell KSA-250.
    Make yourself necessary to someone. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Salk SoundScape 8's
    Krell KRC-HR Class A Pre w/ Reference Phono
    Krell Class A KSA-250
    Harmonic Technology Pro 9+
    Squeezebox Touch / Welborne Labs PS / I2S Out Mod
    Denon 3910 w/I2S/DSD Out
    Twisted Pear Buffalo III Dual Mono ESS Sabre32 DAC
    Sennheiser HD650
    Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive
    AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm
    AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R
    Shunyata Hydra (Original)
    NHT B-12d subs
    GIK Acoustic Treatments

CP Showcase

Just got an Emotiva UPA-200 to push a pair of LSi15's. Sounds really good to me plus I read somewhere that AV Receivers don't really push all 5 or 7 speakers at the rated Watts. For example my Sony 4400ES rated at 120W per CH but when you use 7 speakers its probably pushing below 100 per. From my understanding the 120 is for 2 CH. Either way I'm happy with the Emo and I plan on getting another one for the surrounds.

How did I miss this one, lol
    For the record I never recieved a Catalog either, though I'm not sure if they send cross border..
    After reading this thread I have see many people that have posted very negative comments about Emo on NEWER threads actually being a lot more civil in this thread..
    Just an observation and you know who you are, just look at you comments on here then look at the newer Emo threads..

Member Sales Rating: (49)

Quote Originally Posted by Jhayman View Post
    How did I miss this one, lol
    For the record I never recieved a Catalog either, though I'm not sure if they send cross border..
    After reading this thread I have see many people that have posted very negative comments about Emo on NEWER threads actually being a lot more civil in this thread..
    Just an observation and you know who you are, just look at you comments on here then look at the newer Emo threads..
    Who cares??
    No Way But The Hard Way, So Get Used To It!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Toolfan66 View Post
    Who cares??

So you think Trey will win?
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    So you think Trey will win?
    He gets my vote!!

Some things never change.

Main HT/2 ch:
    Pioneer SC-07, BDP-05FD, Emotiva XPA-5 x 2, XPA-1 x 2,
    Polk Audio LSi25, RTi12 x 2, LSi15 x 4, LSiC x 2, PSW1000 x 4,

MB HT/ 2 ch:
    LG 47LM5800, Pioneer SC-1523, BDP-23FD, Sony BDP-S790, Emotiva XPA-2, XPA-5,
    Polk Audio LSi25,15, CSi5, LSiFX, PSW505 x 4

Listening Room 2 ch:
    McIntosh MC122, MC162, MC202, C15, C41, C42, MA6500, MA6900, MCD201, MCD301, MR85, MX130, MX134
    Emotiva RSP-2, RPA-1, ERC-2
    Adcom GCD 750, GFP 750, GFA 5802
    Polk Audio LSi7,9, 15

Member Sales Rating: (24)

Quote Originally Posted by nme medic View Post
    Just got an Emotiva UPA-200 to push a pair of LSi15's. Sounds really good to me plus I read somewhere that AV Receivers don't really push all 5 or 7 speakers at the rated Watts. For example my Sony 4400ES rated at 120W per CH but when you use 7 speakers its probably pushing below 100 per. From my understanding the 120 is for 2 CH. Either way I'm happy with the Emo and I plan on getting another one for the surrounds.
    wait til you try a bigger emo Amp. my LSi speakers sounds great with my XPA-3 and XPA-2. i have yet to hear then on a XPA-1 tho. before i had my Emo gear i had a Cinova grade 5. i sold it and replaced it with my EMO amps and im happy with my choice.
    mole'

Quote Originally Posted by xcapri79 View Post
    Some things never change.

Yeah they do just every now and then they show their ugly head!!

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by nme medic View Post
    The UPA-200 is one of the better buys I've made in audio. Right up there with the Yamaha A-S500 integrated amp. The bang for buck is fantastic with this model Emotiva. Frightening to think I could have paid a great deal more for some 'boutique' snake oil amp, or some over-hyped and over-priced used clunker. My Lsi7s sound amazing with this inexpensive, new amp with a 5-year warranty! All for $349! Wow.

The fronts and the center channel are where you really need the power.
    Looks like it is at $314 on sale now. Using that for the fronts then you should be okay for Sony to handle the rest. Of course you could get the XPA-3 later on and use it for the rears.

Quote Originally Posted by Loud & Clear View Post
    The UPA-200 is one of the better buys I've made in audio. Right up there with the Yamaha A-S500 integrated amp. The bang for buck is fantastic with this model Emotiva. Frightening to think I could have paid a great deal more for some 'boutique' snake oil amp, or some over-hyped and over-priced used clunker. My Lsi7s sound amazing with this inexpensive, new amp with a 5-year warranty! All for $349! Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    True. My mistake for just doing a quick glance, and then making an assumption.

To be honest, while I understand the business model, design in USA, manufacture in China, and sell over Internet, I just cannot get a gripe on the crazy low prices with the claim of using premium components, 5 year warranty, and free shipping. Maybe other manufacturers gear does have higher margins than Emotiva, but selling a 1000w (4 ohm) monoblock for $850 cannot be providing much profit. Something just does not add up.

cheap Chinese labor?

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by PolkieMan View Post
    The fronts and the center channel are where you really need the power.
    Looks like it is at $314 on sale now. Using that for the fronts then you should be okay for Sony to handle the rest. Of course you could get the XPA-3 later on and use it for the rears.
    Unreal price for a new 125/200 watt amp with a five year warranty. Lsi7s love this thing.

I'm hooking up an XPA-3, and a 2nd powered sub right now. Anxious to hear it.

Running 3 UPA1s on my LSi15s and Lsic and 2 upa2s on my lsi7s. I also have the XDA1 DAC. Very happy with the sound in a bang for the buck application. I do feel as if I could do better. I really won't know until I have something to compare them too besides a AVR! Then again maybe I shouldn't.

Thread Information