Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Multi-Channel Amplifier Opinion/Assistance

Future amplifier upgrade assistance. So far I have been very pleased with my selection of components in my system. However, I have the upgradeitis bug. What I want to improve is: 1.) Increased output from the L/R speakers via the amp. For my taste and volume in music, I want to improve the output from the speakers without distortion or pushing the amp to hard. While my Parasound has been excellent for SQ, my needs require more power. 2.) For HT, I've decided multi channel is the route for me. Specifically adding clean power to the center channel. So as of right now I'm leaning towards Sunfire (cinema or tga) or Wyred 4 Sound. I do not have the option to demo either. I'm intrigued with the Wyred however there is not too much feedback on the amps and I'm not familiar with the Class D ICE amp sound. I do not want to go down in SQ that the Parasound is currently providing. So I'm looking for a multi-channel amp the provides quite a bit more headroom. I would appreciate any recommendations or assistance on my selections or other options.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Source: SONOS Music System, DAC: W4S DAC-2, Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8801, Amp: W4S MC5, Front: Polk RTIA9, Center: Polk CSIA6, Surrounds: Polk FXIA6, Sub EQ: DSPeaker Anti-Mode 8033C, Subs: 2 - Polk DSW PRO660WI, IC & Speaker Cables: Signal Cable

Member Sales Rating: (10)

What type of budget do have in mind?
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "
    Panny 65" 3D Plasma
    Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A3010 AVR
    D>SONIC M2-600M mono's / mains
    Rotel RMB-1095 / 5 channel amp
    Rotel RMB-1075 / 5 channel amp
    TEAC UD - 501 DAC
    Oppo BDP-93
    SONOS System
    KEF Q900 / mains
    KEF Q600 / center
    KEF Q800 / surrounds
    KEF Q100 / rear surr.
    Def Tech ProMonitor 1000 / front & rear presence
    Velodyne SPL-1200R subs / dual pair
    DSPeaker Anti-Mode 8033 sub EQ
    Equitech Balanced Power Son of Q 1.5R
    Extensive room treatments

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I'm leaning towards 5 channel. A used Sunfire is around 2K, the Wyred MC series is slightly more but are harder to find from my initial searching. I may be crazy but to satisfy the need I'd probably max less than 4K.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Source: SONOS Music System, DAC: W4S DAC-2, Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8801, Amp: W4S MC5, Front: Polk RTIA9, Center: Polk CSIA6, Surrounds: Polk FXIA6, Sub EQ: DSPeaker Anti-Mode 8033C, Subs: 2 - Polk DSW PRO660WI, IC & Speaker Cables: Signal Cable

Member Sales Rating: (10)

There's a lot of good choices out there for your budget. A few come to mind (don't be afraid of buying used or demo's). NAD, Rotel, Emotiva, Outlaw, Parasound, d-Sonic, W4S, Anthem, B&K, Sunfire, there's more but this gives you a pretty good start. Check out audiogon for used. Visit the companies web sites to get a first hand look at their new offerings. Emotiva has a great sale going on now. They just came out with a new XPR line you might want to check out. Good luck & have some fun.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "
    Panny 65" 3D Plasma
    Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A3010 AVR
    D>SONIC M2-600M mono's / mains
    Rotel RMB-1095 / 5 channel amp
    Rotel RMB-1075 / 5 channel amp
    TEAC UD - 501 DAC
    Oppo BDP-93
    SONOS System
    KEF Q900 / mains
    KEF Q600 / center
    KEF Q800 / surrounds
    KEF Q100 / rear surr.
    Def Tech ProMonitor 1000 / front & rear presence
    Velodyne SPL-1200R subs / dual pair
    DSPeaker Anti-Mode 8033 sub EQ
    Equitech Balanced Power Son of Q 1.5R
    Extensive room treatments

Member Sales Rating: (1)

My suggestion is if you want to up your game for music, move up the speaker chain for that cash. The parrasound in 2 channel is giving those 9's everything they can swallow so power wouldn't be the best investment there. Or invest in a tubed pre amp and stop using the receiver as one. As for HT, yeah, a 5 channel amp will help some . Not sure what you mean by "louder", the 9's on that amp can reach some pretty good spl's. Sure you have your settings right with the crossover and the sub ? Tried setting the fronts to large ? Just thinking out loud dude. From where I sit, looking at your sig, you have plenty of power for the 9's especially with the sub taking on the lower end, and the rest of your speakers are pretty easy to drive so I don't see where investing a few g's in more power will up your game as much as you'd probably like.

Member Sales Rating: (31)

I'm currently using a Wyred Mini MC-5 for HT and have no desire to change. Great sound, low floor noise(silent), and runs cool. It replaced a McIntosh multichannel amp and I have no regrets.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Good lord! You have a Parasound 2250 driving RTiA9s and you want more volume?

Maybe its a different sound you are looking for.

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.

Thread Information