Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (26)

Default Fleetwood Mac, Rumors album. What's the BEST version you have heard?

The title says it all. Such a great album. From the "what are you listening to" thread.....

Brought here to discuss further. LP, DVD-A, SACD, Japanese release SACD? What are your observations?

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Only have the origina lp & cd. I would give it to the lp in SQ. That being said, i would love to try the others if they were reasonabely priced. May want to wait for new deluxe box set coming out Jan 31 (4cd, dvd,lp) $83.42 at Amozon. If i had pepster's money i would get the Japanese SACD along with the Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD player modded of course.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I have this on DVD-A. I don't know if it's the best since it's the only copy that I have of this album. I know that it sounds fantastic. I personally can't tell any difference between DVD-As and SACD's both sound great, I just don't find it useful to buy multiple copies of something just to try to determine if one format is better over another. For me it's a waste of time, space, and money.

I only have a couple of duplicates in my collection of music. The Eagles Hell Freezes over on cd and DVD-A & Billy Joel's The Stranger on cd & SACD. I had Elton John's GBYBR but I gave my cd version of it to my brother and kept the SACD. I came across the DVD-As & SACD's used at prices that I liked so I got them. Naturally the DVD-As & SACD's are superior to the cd's.
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, Boston PV-600 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

Member Sales Rating: (16)

I have a regular CD and the Kevin Gray/Steve Hoffman remaster on LP.

The CD is really good, but the LP wins hands down.

I'd like to hear the SACD vs the LP.

Anyone have the 45 vinyl version? I 'hear' this is sublime.

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.

Member Sales Rating: (16)

I got it on a Nautilus 1/2 speed master and the SACD. Both are very good, but the SACD is the better of the two, IMO. Something cool about the SACD is it includes the song, Silver Springs which was omitted from the original 1977 release and became the B Side on the Go Your Own Way single.

Thread Information