Ok so I'm still working on picking out the "right" amp for me. But I figured now is as good a time as any to start figuring out the installation. I currently have an Urban Audioworks(bought when I was young, broke, and stupid) running around 200 watts rms pushing a 12" Blaupunkt sub in a custom(self built) dual ported box. I have it wired for power with 8 gauge wire. I will be adding a new 4 channel amp to run all full range speakers. This amp will be somewhere around 70 - 85 watts x 4 RMS. So here's my questions:
1. Should I run a new 4 gauge power to trunk and use a distribution block to send power to both amps?
2. Should I just leave my current amp wired as is and run a new 4 gauge power for new amp?
3. Can I ground both amps at the same point with 2 separate ground wires?
4. Should I buy 2 new matching sets of rca's to hook up 4 channel amp, or can I use one set I already have and just buy 1 new set?
5. Can I split the REM wire in place in the trunk to run to both amps?
6. What gauge speaker wire should I run to all 4 speakers from the new amp?
Is there anything I'm not thinking about or should know? Thanks for any advice you've got for me.