Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Thoughts on the Polk LSi15/25's

Hey all, I have been looking at upgrading speakers and I've listened to the following brands with floor standers around 2k

Martinlogan
    PSB
    Definitive Tech
    Revel
    B&W

And out of that bunch I liked the PSB Imagine T's the most but I was poking around on ebay and saw the polk store and the LSi15's are $850/pair and the LSi25's for $1300/pair refurbished which doesn't bother me. I don't have anywhere near me where I can demo them but I like my current Monitor 70s so I would consider polk again but I didn't know how they stacked up against some of the others in the 2k range. If I did only spend $1300 (or 850) that would leave me the money to buy a power amp and a processor of some sort which would be nice (to replace my Onkyo 806, and likely an Emotiva combo).

Thoughts on them?

The LSI's have side firing woofers, so think about your speaker placement options for your room.
    As for the sound, I've heard the LSI25's at a shop and they sound great. they were hooked up to an old Pioneer sx1250. Don't know about the 15's though.

The LSi15's would be incredibly hard to beat for $850. They have a laid back sound to them but can still provide plenty of impact. Your Onkyo should work well as a pre/pro. Use the money you would have spent on the pre and get the LSiC and LSi7's. Just add a good amp and you'll be good to go.
    Display: Sony 42" LCD
    Sources: Harman Kardon DVD-27,
    Panasonic DMP-BDT110 blu ray player
    AVR: Sony STR-DA2400ES
    Amp: Kenwood KM-894 x 2(fronts and surrounds)
    Fronts: Polk SDA2
    Center: Polk Monitor 7C
    Surrounds: Polk Monitor 7C
    Subwoofer: SVS PB10-ISD

I think the LSi15 would be a good choice. Most tend to prefer the 15 over the 25. If you end up running Emo, the laid-back attitude should fair nicely with them.

Have you considered getting the pre/amp before you get new speakers? Even though the 70's are nowhere near the LSi series, many have commented on how a power amp transformed the 70's into a different speaker. Just food for thought.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    I think the LSi15 would be a good choice. Most tend to prefer the 15 over the 25. If you end up running Emo, the laid-back attitude should fair nicely with them.

Have you considered getting the pre/amp before you get new speakers? Even though the 70's are nowhere near the LSi series, many have commented on how a power amp transformed the 70's into a different speaker. Just food for thought.
    I have roughly 2k to work with so if I spent 1k on the speakers, I could get the XPA-5, sell my onkyo 806 and then grab the UMC-1 (or something like that) I would grab the matching center and surrounds shortly after

for ht i love my lsi25's turn up the powered bass and let it rip!

I bought the LSi25's from Polk's ebay store and got them almost three weeks ago. I power them with a Crown CE2000 at 4 Ohm (660 watts per channel) but have never turned the amps past 1/3 of the knob. Its better to have a little extra power over too little as to little can be more dangerous if it clips. Anyway, I have watch movies some and they were awesome! I listen to music mostly though and they excel at that to me. I've spent the last few weeks rediscovering music I use to listen to just to hear them via the LSi25's and they sound better than they ever have. I am a big Polk fanboy but I am not tied to them, if a speaker sounds better to me then that's what matters. I would happily recommend the LSi25 to anyone, remember they retailed for just under $3,000 when new. The offer from Polk for the current price was what made my decision much easier, then after Christmas they offered them with an additional 10% off and I couldn't refuse, Brand new LSi25's for $1,100 and free shipping.
    ---
    Polk Studio Monitor 4.6 Series 2's, Polk RT1000p's, Polk LSi25's, Boston Acoustic VR-975's
    Crown D-75, Crown CE1000, Crown CE2000

I think I am going to get the 15s from Amazon, one because they have them in black and 2 since ill have to be home to sign for these amazon's prime shipping makes it a lot easier to plan for that

I think you wil be very happy.
    ---
    Polk Studio Monitor 4.6 Series 2's, Polk RT1000p's, Polk LSi25's, Boston Acoustic VR-975's

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMic View Post
    I think you wil be very happy.
    I also was just informed about upgrading the sub in the 15's

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...-8-quot-driver!!!!!

looks interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Blindsay View Post
    I also was just informed about upgrading the sub in the 15's

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...-8-quot-driver!!!!!

looks interesting
    I kept hearing this too and that was a part of why I went with the LSi25 with the 10" woofer.
    ---

Thread Information