Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Member Sales Rating: (47)

For those of you who are buying Dougs' cables,, you will not be disappointed. Anyone have any opinions/feedback on the Oddwatt gear--specifically the linestage?
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)

Member Sales Rating: (20)

It's difficult to comment on their gear, they had it all hooked up through a pretty bad set of speakers (ML Preface, not even real Martins).

I thought their setup sounded very average, but my guess is that's more the speakers than gear.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

First video I've seen of the show. Great production values here.

Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Douglas IC's, AQ cv-8 SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Member Sales Rating: (40)

LOL. That was a test, had no idea it uploaded. Ron and I ran a live stream with Colleen Cardas and Marc Phillips and guests, if you missed it, well.....
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

Russ are you planning on releasing any info on those speakers you built, wanting to start building those as a side gig, etc or were those just a one-off thing? They really sounded great...
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Member Sales Rating: (3)

Dang Txcoastal, sounds like you guys were flat hitting it hard,lol!!!! A good time was had by all!

Danny, development is ongoing, but production will be the end result. Happy to talk offline about it if you want.

Cheers.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

Member Sales Rating: (13)

The Rooster crows.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Answer your phone later this week brother. Catch up time, I need it.

Skip, you in phase? You sure?

Member Sales Rating: (55)

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    The Rooster crows.
    7 May.

Did Polk have anything official at LSAF this year?

Nope, no Polk room this year.

Even though there are a few commercial guys there, this whole event has a more DYI vibe to it. There were grumblings last year that it had possibly become TOO commercial, but I personally think we have a good mix and think it's nice to have a few larger companies there.
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

I too, love the DIY vibe when all things settle down in the late night going room to room just chillin' listening to everything and it doesn't matter...just music.

Quite impressive with Russman back to his roots, look for something special.
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables
    Office rig: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures

Quote Originally Posted by txcoastal1 View Post
    I too, love the DIY vibe when all things settle down in the late night going room to room just chillin' listening to everything and it doesn't matter...just music.

Quite impressive with Russman back to his roots, look for something special.
    An oatmeal cookie facial?
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Douglas IC's, AQ cv-8 SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Was there a Polk room? Really?

I showed Polk several times over almost a decade at LSAF. It was NEVER commercial for Polk. It's where they started. Grass roots. LSAF is one of a kind, and Polk was a part of that. It used to be Great Plains Audio Fest, up in Tulsa. Anyone go to those shows? We brought here, we made it ours. I wish I was setting up tomorrow, and seeing you guys again.

Member Sales Rating: (13)

My phone hasn't rung.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Sorry Russ I did not mean to offend anyone or imply anything about Polk. I was just curious since I did not see pictures showing Polk products.
    Last edited by MADGSF; 05-10-2013 at 12:07 PM.

When playing Delta Machine which song really made the gear shine?
    Quote Originally Posted by halenhoang View Post
    It was very nice to see everyone again. I had a lot of fun. Was not able to go to all rooms, matter of fact most rooms. The brotherhood alone kept me in one place. The dynaudio's were very nice to experience.

If anyone want to try their system.... Depeche Mode " Delta Machine".

Douglas cables, what is to say about them? I am buying.. No questions.

Halen

Well, the synthetic bass about halfway thru track 5 is pretty impressive. Track 1 =is also an all around good demo.

I still think the bass on Tiger (Paula Cole) digs a little lower and has a more natural sound and is my go-to track for a bass test, but it's not as overwhelming in-your-chest as the DM track.
    Main HT

Bedroom System

Office Rig

Quote Originally Posted by Jhayman View Post
    When playing Delta Machine which song really made the gear shine?
    Tracks 1 and 5
    It wasn't so much as shine, but a test of range

Deep bass, vocal, and electronic frequencies

A buddy of mine brought the CD and we all passed it around
    My Dynaudio C1 and Skips ushers gave the impression of subwoofers in our rooms

While playing keeping everything in sync and non-fatiguing
    Last edited by txcoastal1; 05-10-2013 at 03:42 PM.
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables
    Office rig: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures

It's one of those "look at me" type songs, but it was damn impressive in a hotel suite. I really think Ron's C1's opened up after playing that CD. It's like it gave the mids a workout they hadn't had before.

Thanks guys, I was playing the cd when I asked this question and found track 1 just slaps you in the face with a mixed bag of deep electronic sounds that tickle the palate..

Thread Information