Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Very nicely done! Love the fabric.

I'm inching closer to getting my HT done and that fabric looks like it would go with my color scheme really well. Not much longer and I'll be ready for room treatments.

Member Sales Rating: (9)

Looks very good, I have to get some corner treatments made to finish up our room. Treating the room makes a HUGE impact on your sound, kinda like cables and wires, hearing is believing. Good job!
    SDA CRS+4.1TL's/Modded SDA 1C's/Modded SDA SRS 3.1 TL's/Modded SDA SRS 2.3TL

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    This is a continuation of this thread. I figured since its done and not really a help post, I should start a new one.

First up is a picture of how I hung them on the wall. I spent a lot of time thinking about the best way to do this and this is what I came up with:

Attachment 80810Attachment 80813

I bought some 1"x1" square dowel rods and cut them down into 6" sections. I then glued two to each board, 6" away from the top and bottom edge. I then cut down a 1-1/8"x1-1/8" plastic corner pieces (not sure exactly what they're called, its outdoor trim found at Lowe's) into 9" sections, drilled two holes in each, and screwed those into the wall at the same heights around the room. After putting one up on the wall, I realized I really only need 1 brace on the wall to hold them well. This allows me to easily take down the treatments if the need arises. It also got them 1" off the wall like everyone recommends.

On the other side of the room, I have a shelf that houses all my media. I really don't want to get rid of it, so I tried to find a way to incorporate it in where I could still use the panels. I essentially used the same idea and rested the glued-on dowel rod on the top shelf. The beauty of this is that, although it looks weird in place, I can easily move them up on top of the shelf when they aren't in use (for the WAF).

Attachment 80814Attachment 80815

Here's the rest of the room:

Attachment 80816Attachment 80817

Its "done". There's still a few things I need to do to them, but the jist of it is done.
    looks good Bro.
    What are the diemensions of the vertical panels behind the couch?
    STB

Quote Originally Posted by stevethebrain View Post
    looks good Bro.
    What are the diemensions of the vertical panels behind the couch?
    STB
    2' x 3'
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

I've been reading up on panels apparently the premade side panels are 2'x2' and behind mains are 2'x4' or larger.

I'm planning to make 1' triangles for the upper 4 corners, stuffed w/ 3" layers of Roxul rockwool.

panels directly behind mains and center I would like to be 18" wide X 36" high X 3" thick ?do you think this will be to small?

panels on the side wall will be just a tad smaller than 2' X 2'

planning a wooden rear wall difusser. 20" X 20"
    Last edited by stevethebrain; 03-03-2013 at 09:57 AM.
    Samsung PN58C500/Amp: Yamaha RX-V465/Polk DSW1KProSub/DefTECH SM450/C1CC/Pro80/Sony BPX37 BD/Magnavox515/ HTPC-CPU: I3 550, 3.2 GHz/Mobo: Intel H57/RAM: 6GB DDR3 1333/HDD: 1TB/2TB Internal, 1TB external/Tuner: 1600-950 Haupague/W7 64 OS Remote: Harmony 700

image of rear difusser

Samsung PN58C500/Amp: Yamaha RX-V465/Polk DSW1KProSub/DefTECH SM450/C1CC/Pro80/Sony BPX37 BD/Magnavox515/ HTPC-CPU: I3 550, 3.2 GHz/Mobo: Intel H57/RAM: 6GB DDR3 1333/HDD: 1TB/2TB Internal, 1TB external/Tuner: 1600-950 Haupague/W7 64 OS Remote: Harmony 700

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    It *seems* as though the speakers were a tad more transparent before, but it could just be an illusion based on the next tidbit. High frequencies got tamed down. Way down. They used to have their moments where they could be bordering on harsh. Not anymore. In a way, I miss it, but I think I need to spend more time with it before I really begin to pass judgment. My ears became so accustomed to the sound over the last 9 months that any tonal change would be initially upsetting.
    You know some of the pro sound engineers think that the audiophile types are nuts for buying nice gear cables, etc and not dealing with the room. Very nice work you put in here on this project. You talk of the highs being a bit forward and even bordering harsh at times....I've heard it a several times about Usher and the reality is that the tweets have very good dispersion and don't roll off as hard off- axis. So the sound bouncing/resonating off the walls is going to cause issues.

So, its great that you got the room in order especially if you plan to do the upgrades to them Ushers. Would love to hear your system...if you would.... but no plans to be down that way. However, I keep hearing that there is opportunuty down there in the BIG T!
    FAMILY ROOM
    TV - Mitsubishi WD-73734 73" DLP 1080P | AVR - Onkyo TX-NR3008 | Source - Sony PS3 Slim 320GB | Front - PolkAudio RT3000p | Center -PolkAudio CS400i | Surround - PolkAudio F/X1000 | Sub - DIY Stereo Integrity HT 15 | Sub Amp - Behringer EUROPOWER EP2500

2 Ch Dreaming...hoping to purchase, build someday???
    OPPO 105 | Cary or Rogue Audio tube Preamp | Parasound HALO A21 amp | DIY Mini Statements towers

Quote Originally Posted by WLDock View Post
    However, I keep hearing that there is opportunuty down there in the BIG T!
    We (Skip, Halen, Marvdai, Assimilated, Russman, and other Polkies) for the Lone Star Audio Fest. We Polkies grab a few rooms and bring our own gear and jam for the weekend. It's the only show I know of that we can do this, plus having the opportunity to listen to dealers and manufacturers, Great Time...always the first weekend in May
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables
    Office rig: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures

Wait, I just realized this thread is old. LOL, must have been the hacker messing with the dates because this one came up when i searched for post from yesterday.
    FAMILY ROOM
    TV - Mitsubishi WD-73734 73" DLP 1080P | AVR - Onkyo TX-NR3008 | Source - Sony PS3 Slim 320GB | Front - PolkAudio RT3000p | Center -PolkAudio CS400i | Surround - PolkAudio F/X1000 | Sub - DIY Stereo Integrity HT 15 | Sub Amp - Behringer EUROPOWER EP2500

2 Ch Dreaming...hoping to purchase, build someday???
    OPPO 105 | Cary or Rogue Audio tube Preamp | Parasound HALO A21 amp | DIY Mini Statements towers

Quote Originally Posted by WLDock View Post
    Wait, I just realized this thread is old. LOL, must have been the hacker messing with the dates because this one came up when i searched for post from yesterday.
    I linked it in the thread where I started this project, which got bumped yesterday.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

What are you planing to do to treat the deep bass area?
    Absolute corruption empowers absolutely.

Lg 55LW5600 TV
    Onkyo PR-SC 5508
    Legacy Audio Focus SE
    Legacy Audio Silverscreen HD center
    Polk F/X500i Rears
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Sunfire Grand Cinema
    Behringer iNUKE NU6000DSP
    Pair of CraigSUB SS-18.1

Quote Originally Posted by Phasewolf View Post
    What are you planing to do to treat the deep bass area?
    Nothing right now. I did layer some of the smaller ones in the corner, but it isn't the right material. I'll treat them eventually, but it will likely only be after I add some beefy crown molding to the room.

Thread Information