Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ravens!

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    I have to say there's a lot of sore losers here. Had SF won, they would get my congrats.

Whatever happened to good sportsmanship?
    Not me, Jess. I congratulated them on their gift.

Member Sales Rating: (9)

I have to say there's a lot of sore losers here. Had SF won, they would get my congrats.

Noticed that also. While not the prettiest game ever, I thought it was well played and didn't really notice problems with the
    officiating.
    Wris****ch--->Crisco

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by miner View Post
    Blood of one of the victims found in his limosine...Hmmm....he does not know what happened. The white suit he was wearing that night when the incident happened....Hmm...he doesn't know what happened to it.

Plead guilty to a lesser charge - obstructing justice. Hmmm. May he burn in hell with OJ.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-400_162-...-murder-trial/

"http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-400_162-...-murder-trial/"
    HA!....right...........

In my opinion, that was a great game!! Almost turned into a flipper when it was 28-6.

Either way, i'm glad they had Beyonce perform on a football field. Don't think her a$$ could fit into anything else....oh and the halftime show sucked!

Member Sales Rating: (10)

I had to go with the Ravens on this one...Flacco is a local kid from right down the street. Nothing like rooting for a kid from the neighborhood. I know a few of his coaches from high school & they have nothing but high praises for him both on & off the field. Just a great local story here in South Jersey.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "
    Panny 65" 3D Plasma
    Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A3010 AVR
    D>SONIC M2-600M mono's / mains
    Rotel RMB-1095 / 5 channel amp
    Rotel RMB-1075 / 5 channel amp
    TEAC UD - 501 DAC
    Oppo BDP-93
    SONOS System
    KEF Q900 / mains
    KEF Q600 / center
    KEF Q800 / surrounds
    KEF Q100 / rear surr.
    Def Tech ProMonitor 1000 / front & rear presence
    Velodyne SPL-1200R subs / dual pair
    DSPeaker Anti-Mode 8033 sub EQ
    Equitech Balanced Power Son of Q 1.5R
    Extensive room treatments

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

That's interesting. Anyone remember Shane Flaco (admittedly only one c instead of Flacco). But this has been in my mind since I first heard Joe's last name!

Underrated quarterback who saves the day in The Replacements (played by Keanu Reeves)?

Just a little off tangent trivia!

cnh
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

pepster

Killer ballgame!

I was personally glad to see the Ravens take it.

Nailbitter at the end, I thought the Raven's were going to loose it all!

Freakin blackout changed the whole dynamic!

I thought about that game all day today, its like a good song you can't get out of your mind!

Loved every minute!
    Last edited by pepster; 02-04-2013 at 07:23 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (3)

I just love how everyone jumped on the bandwagon with the media and went after Ray Lewis. Where were y'all last season? How about the season before that? And the others before those? No, let's wait till he announces his retirement and gets to the Superbowl, then we'll do our civic duty and try to tear this man down from the top of the mountain...even though we have no clue as to the facts of the murder trial all those years ago.

I hear so many people out there saying how they're tired of hearing about him. Is this Ray Lewis' fault or the MEDIAS fault for going after ratings and plastering him on every channel?

Then we had Boomer Esiason grand standing on worldwide TV trying to tear him down? Where were ya all these years Boomer? Ya wait till the Superbowl to do your civic duty? DOUCHE!

Ray Lewis 2 rings - Boomer Esiason 0 rings

At no time did I hear any of those announcers remind us of the wonderful story of Michael "Blind Side" Oher. Yeah, you remember the movie. Went from homeless teen in memphis, to being brought in by a family, then went to Ole Miss, to finally drafted by the Ravens. He capped it all off by winning the Superbowl..while his adoptive family was watching in the stadium.

I guess it's too much to ask some people to acknowledge there are great stories to be told.
    I'm not saying she's a slut, but if her vagina had a password...it would be password.

Member Sales Rating: (49)

It went down the toilet with common sense a few years ago...
    Hot Rodded SDA 1.2TL's, SDA 1C's, SDA CRS+'s...
    Powered By Wyred 4 Sound, STP-SE, SX-1000...
    MIT-Shotgun's ...

Member Sales Rating: (49)

Hot Rodded SDA 1.2TL's, SDA 1C's, SDA CRS+'s...
    Powered By Wyred 4 Sound, STP-SE, SX-1000...
    MIT-Shotgun's ...

pepster

I am sure there are alot of people that hold that against him.
    It is over though.
    And I would strongly suggest you let it go, and remember, according to the Bible, God loves him just as much as he does you.

I am sure, Karma will work its way into the deal, eventually!

Great victory for the Ravens and the City of Baltimore!

The Superbowls that are most memorable are the ones where the game was close and either team could have won it. Yesterday's game could have gone either way but it was very entertaining to watch.

Good luck next year 49ers! They have a good young quarterback, time will tell if he becomes great. Yesterday's game belongs to Joe Flacco and the Ravens. Congrats!
    Carl

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by cnh View Post
    That's interesting. Anyone remember Shane Flaco (admittedly only one c instead of Flacco). But this has been in my mind since I first heard Joe's last name!

Underrated quarterback who saves the day in The Replacements (played by Keanu Reeves)?

Just a little off tangent trivia!

cnh
    Almost, Reeves' character name was Shane Falco.

Member Sales Rating: (20)

To answer the question of why there are sore losers, maybe this will help. Maybe there are some sore losers because the officials basically handed Baltimore the game at the end with those two no-calls. The no-call on PI in the endzone I'll admit is somewhat debatable, but that was inconsistent with how they'd called the game to that point, they had called PI on plays much less obvious than that one. So while in the scope of football in general that's a debatable call, in the context of that game I don't think it is, it should have been called.

The holding on the punt in the endzone is NOT debatable, if that's not holding then the holding penalty needs to be removed from the game altogether.

Both of these non-calls were at the very end and both went the way of Baltimore, so how can you NOT expect people to be pissed and angry at the outcome of the game? I sure was...

All that being said, even though I think they're the better team I don't think SF deserved to win that game. Had the lights not gone out it likely wouldn't have been close at the end, anyone watching objectively surely has to agree that SF benefited greatly from the outage. And since the outage isn't normally part of a football game it seems unfair that they should win because of that.

So while I'm upset that SF lost the game I'll still congratulate Baltimore, they deserved to win that game Sunday.
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Everyone jumping on Ray Lewis? All I've heard for the last two months is what a great person he is and what an inspiration he is. Hell, I was even rooting for the guy (there's evidence of that here) and had the Ravens been playing anyone but my 49ers I'd have been rooting for them just because I wanted to see him go out with a win.

None of the ESPN Radio or Dan Patrick shows I"ve listened to have discussed the murder thing. There were a couple vague references to past troubles but they were never expounded upon and I never really thought anything of it. Hell, it was someone HERE in another thread that mentioned the whole murder thing to me, no idea how I've managed to miss that for the last 12 years.

So clearly there isn't some agenda in the media to tear him down, and if there was they did a TERRIBLE job because I never heard any of it. You can't interpret one guy grandstanding as EVERYBODY'.

In terms of why now, that's really simple. It's the same reason we're also just now hearing all the good things about Ray Lewis, because it's his last year and it's news. Last year or the years before that we didn't hear anything about Ray Lewis, good or bad, because it wasn't news. Now it's his last year, he came back from that injury, and then had a chance to go out on top in the SB so yeah it's a news story, and every aspect should be covered. Surely you don't expect ONLY the good stuff that you want to hear come out. It's their job to cover all aspects of a story, not just the rosy side of things.
    /
    Manti T'eo got slammed WAAAAAAY harder in the media for getting faked out by a fake guy girlfriend and they lying to cover up the whole embarassing thing than Lewis did for being involved in a murder, now how's that fair?

Seriously if you want to lead the fight on media tearing people down there are WAY better examples to go with. Tiger Woods cheats on his wife with a few hundred women and (literally as in more days of continuous coverage in the NY Times) gets more coverage than 9/11...

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Bad View Post
    I just love how everyone jumped on the bandwagon with the media and went after Ray Lewis. Where were y'all last season? How about the season before that? And the others before those? No, let's wait till he announces his retirement and gets to the Superbowl, then we'll do our civic duty and try to tear this man down from the top of the mountain...even though we have no clue as to the facts of the murder trial all those years ago.

I hear so many people out there saying how they're tired of hearing about him. Is this Ray Lewis' fault or the MEDIAS fault for going after ratings and plastering him on every channel?

Then we had Boomer Esiason grand standing on worldwide TV trying to tear him down? Where were ya all these years Boomer? Ya wait till the Superbowl to do your civic duty? DOUCHE!

Ray Lewis 2 rings - Boomer Esiason 0 rings

At no time did I hear any of those announcers remind us of the wonderful story of Michael "Blind Side" Oher. Yeah, you remember the movie. Went from homeless teen in memphis, to being brought in by a family, then went to Ole Miss, to finally drafted by the Ravens. He capped it all off by winning the Superbowl..while his adoptive family was watching in the stadium.

I guess it's too much to ask some people to acknowledge there are great stories to be told.
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

Quote Originally Posted by nap View Post
    Almost, Reeves' character name was Shane Falco.
    You are right. Just goes to show you what memory can do when it wants to see a resemblance! Actually such mistakes can sometimes lead to new ideas and concepts (an important part of the "creative" process of forgetting and remembering which explains why many who have eidetic memories have trouble being original). But in this case, I'm just wrong! lol

cnh
    Last edited by cnh; 02-05-2013 at 01:33 PM.
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

Member Sales Rating: (6)

I went to the game. I can tell you that the 49'ers fans were, for the most part, jerks.

The croud was aprox. 70% Ravens fans and everytime you past a 49'ers fan they would make a smart comment. Never saw a Ravens fan act like a jerk.

Burbon street, on saturday night, had 49'ers fans climbing street lamps and yelling and all together acting like they had no class.

In my section both teams fans had no problems and after the game it seemed that both teams fans congratulated their team on a great year.

I am glad it was a close game. Perhaps too close at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Vette C6.r View Post
    I went to the game. I can tell you that the 49'ers fans were, for the most part, jerks.

The croud was aprox. 70% Ravens fans and everytime you past a 49'ers fan they would make a smart comment. Never saw a Ravens fan act like a jerk.

Burbon street, on saturday night, had 49'ers fans climbing street lamps and yelling and all together acting like they had no class.

In my section both teams fans had no problems and after the game it seemed that both teams fans congratulated their team on a great year.

Riiiiiiiight, and your opinion wouldn't be biased at all would it...
    Main HT

Bedroom System

Office Rig

Yep! Us Niner fans are a bats#!t crazy bunch. Twisted and

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...ltimore-ravens
    Attached Images  

^^^ just another Baltimore foul that wasn't called, par for the course in that game
    Main HT

Bedroom System

Office Rig

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Bunch of cry babies, just like your coach.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Vette C6.r View Post

I was there too and what Vette is saying is spot on. The niners fans were very cocky and somewhat rude. This was surprising to me. I guess they were up against the wall due to the fact that EVERY one else in New Orleans was cheering for the Ravens.

I am not one to believe in "God and destiny" but I witnessed it happen. Ray Lewis took us all along for an incredible ride. It was a Storybook script that had so many Ravens/ Ray Lewis/ Jacoby Jones/ Ed Reed/ Joe Flacco/ Michael Oher / Harbaugh brothers storylines that all had a incredible Happy Ending. My trip to the Superbowl was magical and The Ravens WERE the team of Destiny.

The 49rs are a great team and certainly will be a contender for a few years to come. I give them much respect.

Go Ravens!!!!!!!!!!
    I got static in my head
    The reflected sound of everything

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Quote Originally Posted by AsSiMiLaTeD View Post
    Riiiiiiiight, and your opinion wouldn't be biased at all would it...
    Yes about who I wanted to win but not about the rest. No, actually I wasn't being biased.

Thread Information