Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Narwhal

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Narwhal

Just tried an Imperial Stout from Sierra Nevada Brew Co. "Narwhal". Very tasty and quite strong at 10.2% ABV. Highly recommend if into Stouts.
    It's better to burn out, than poop your pants

CDM 1NT; B&W CDM CNT; Parasound HCA-1000a; Infinity us 1; Velodyne DEQ-8 x2; Pio Elite VSX-23; Sony SCD-CE595 SACD, Marantz CD5001, [/COLOR]

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Drinking a 10.2% on a school night......

Very irresponsible!!!
    2.0 - Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65 ,Zu Mission SC's, Audio Technica TT, Bugle2 & Bottlehead Reduction Phono Pre's, PS Audio UPC200, Doug's Int's
    HT - Anthem MRX300, RTIA3's, RTIA1's, CSIA4, DSW400, 55ST30, APC H15, 360 Elite, Panny DMP-BD35K

Looking for new homes....
    MIT EXp2 Cables
    Anthem MCA20

Sounds tasty, maybe I'll look it up.

I'm partial right now to the IIPA that my local brewer (Leech Lake Brewery) makes called Three Sheets. Comes out to about 13% alcohol. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbiron View Post
    Drinking a 10.2% on a school night......

Very irresponsible!!!
    I know! It helps me deal with the notion of facing the hellions tomorrow though Maybe I need an intervention, or another beer.....I'll get back with ya.

CDM 1NT; B&W CDM CNT; Parasound HCA-1000a; Infinity us 1; Velodyne DEQ-8 x2; Pio Elite VSX-23; Sony SCD-CE595 SACD, Marantz CD5001, [/COLOR]

Is it legal to ship beer??

There was that beer thread going awhile ago, and a lot of local brews that looked really good.

Maybe we could figure out a system where each member who wanted to participate would ship a 6-pack of their favorite local brew to the next person on the list.

Just a thought...again, I don't know if it is even legal.
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Oppo BDP-105; Amps: Anthem Integrated 225; PS Audio GCPH Speakers: Polk - LSi15's (sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; B&K Reference 200.2; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Quote Originally Posted by hochpt21 View Post

There was that beer thread going awhile ago, and a lot of local brews that looked really good.

Maybe we could figure out a system where each member who wanted to participate would ship a 6-pack of their favorite local brew to the next person on the list.

Just a thought...again, I don't know if it is even legal.
    That is a good idea. Not sure of the legality either. I know there used to be a beer of the month club that one could sign up for. Wouldn't surprise me if it were a big no-no these days.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboGTU View Post

I'm partial right now to the IIPA that my local brewer (Leech Lake Brewery) makes called Three Sheets. Comes out to about 13% alcohol. Haha.
    I love IPAs as well. Lagunitas makes one hell of an ale.

Member Sales Rating: (8)

At a comfortable distance.... gaining perspective

Holy Sheet ! That's strong stuff !

Didn't know the Narwhal was still out. Gonna grab some this weekend if that's the case.

I'm enjoying a Lagunitas 'Little Sumpin' Sumpin ale as I read this. Their Cappachino Stout should be out this month.

I received a twelve pack last week from the beer of the month club. You get three beers of four different brews.

I'm out of town this week, when I return home at the end of the week i can dig up the info for the club and the four different beers I received if anyone is curious.

That would be interesting Malbec.

On a side note: has anybody ever heard of witches brew. It's a Belgian triple blonde ale that I had once and fell in love with, but haven't been able to find a place to order it from. :(

Member Sales Rating: (1)

we have a few stores here in the phoenix area that have quite the selection so i have not used Beership. It seems legit and they do have some good ones
    Speakers:
    Definitive BP7001sc mains
    Definitive C/L/R 3000 center
    Polk RT800i's rears
    Definitive supercube I Sub
    Audio:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010
    Adcom GFA 7500
    OPPO BDP-103 CD, SACD, DVD-A
    Video:
    Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
    OPPO BDP-103 Bluray
    Directv x's 2

Never mind. Broken link for the online store.

Quote Originally Posted by Malbec View Post
    Never mind. Broken link for the online store.
    Yup, I've found that. And that is certainly the one I'm talking about. If I could find a place selling it I would likely stock up. Haha.

Sierra Nevada has some fine products...gonna have to see if I can score some of that! Even the name is very interesting!

http://www.beermonthclub.com/

Link to the beer club I have a subscription with.
    Last month I received Two domestics, a Dopple Bock from Christian Moerlein Brewing from Cincinnati, an Uber Pils from Clipper City Brewing in Baltimore, and two beer styles from EKU Brauerei from Kulmbach, Barvaria, Germany.

All excellent beers. You get a newsletter with every shipment describing the beer styles along with tasting notes and a little history of the brewery. Quite enjoyable.

http://www.beermonthclub.com/

Link to the beer club I have a subscription with.
    Last month I received Two domestics, a Dopple Bock from Christian Moerlein Brewing from Cincinnati, an Uber Pils from Clipper City Brewing in Baltimore, and two beer styles from EKU Brauerei from Kulmbach, Barvaria, Germany.

All excellent beers. You get a newsletter with every shipment describing the beer styles along with tasting notes and a little history of the brewery. Quite enjoyable.

Doesn't it suck when you find one that you're crazy about.......... and you have no source to buy more of it ? That'd be painful, IMO !

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Quote Originally Posted by hochpt21 View Post
    No - not for individuals. I tried once via USPS and was told it is not legal for individuals to ship alcohol.

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.

Quote Originally Posted by gdb View Post
    Doesn't it suck when you find one that you're crazy about.......... and you have no source to buy more of it ? That'd be painful, IMO !
    Yes indeed, if you caught my post, I'm that exact position and I'm not even in the beer club.

Goose Island Matilda
    Stone Enjoy By IPA

Those 2 are my favorite discoveries of 2012.

I typically have no fewer than 15 different beers in the beer fridge at any given time.
    The kegs aren't stocked in the winter time since my garage isn't heated and I don't want to risk freezing a couple of kegs. I have a 2 tap kegerator in the garage that will handle 2 quarter barrels. It's typically got a Goose Island 312 and a random selection from a local brewery...last was the Midnight Bandit Black IPA from Raccoon River Brewing.
    "Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    I may have an addiction... RTA-15TL, SDA 2, LSi25, LSi15, LSi9, LSi7, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LS/FX, RT/FX, DSW MP2000...and that's just the Polks...

Yes indeed, if you caught my post, I'm that exact position and I'm not even in the beer club.

Maybe this ? http://www.beership.com/lost-abbey-w...eyword=witches

Or This- http://www.beership.com/belgian/chim...rupel-15l.html -
    Last edited by gdb; 02-11-2013 at 03:07 PM.

elysian ales, men's room original red

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-M...406424?fref=ts
    HT/2channel:
    AVR: Yamaha RX-V 765
    Fronts: Polk RTiA3
    sub: Polk PSW110(will add 2x PSW 505)
    Center: CS13
    surrounds:Polk RTi4
    TV: samsung 40
    The real 2 Channel(work in progress):
    Pre:HK 3490
    Amp:Parasound 1200 MK II
    Sub:RBH 1010-SEP
    Speakers: Monitor 5 Jr. +
    most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)

Quote Originally Posted by ZLTFUL View Post
    Goose Island Matilda
    This is good shnizzle. I had some in Chicago when I was there for a conference last year and fell in love. Havn't had it since until randomly yesterday I got some at a new liquor store in town.
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Oppo BDP-105; Amps: Anthem Integrated 225; PS Audio GCPH Speakers: Polk - LSi15's (sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; B&K Reference 200.2; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Quote Originally Posted by gdb View Post
    That's where homebrewing and cloning come in. My Son-in-Law homebrews and has cloned a couple of Dogfish Head beers with very satisfying results. I've been vintning for over ten years so I have all the equipment for fermenting, just need to buy the goodies to do the cooking side of it. I plan on starting sometime this summer.
    It'll be fun learning the brewing process.

My introduction to Goose Island was their Christmas Ale this past season. Sounds like they have a good line of brews from the comments here.

Thread Information