Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default RTA 11TL's driver listings

So I know that the 11TL's have the SL300 stock tweeter, as well as 2 6510 6 1/2 drivers (which you can get replacements for from Polk) but I was wondering if anyone knew the driver numbers for each of the 8" passive woofers. Also are the current Polk 6510's as good as the originals?

I am going to try and snag a couple extras of all the drivers sans tweets as these babies wont be going anywhere anytime soon and I want to make sure I have some spares lying around eventually.

Also if anyone knows the going rate for the 6510's, each 8" woofer that would be great to know for reference, so I can be on the lookout for deals. Also IIRC the RDO's I can use are the 1944's correct?
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Main HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse DVR | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office Rig: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Pro-ject Debut III | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse DVR | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Dan,
    The 6510 are all over the place I have bought some at 25.00 to 45.00 on ebay and seen some sell for 60.00.
    the RDO-198 are your huckleberries....

Quote Originally Posted by pitdogg2 View Post
    Dan,
    The 6510 are all over the place I have bought some at 25.00 to 45.00 on ebay and seen some sell for 60.00.
    the RDO-198 are your huckleberries....
    Ok. Besides saving on the used ones, any reason to not just get the replacements directly from Polk?

So the 198's are the SL3000 replacements? I thought for some reason it was the 194's . Good thing I didnt purchase some already lol....

Main HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse DVR | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office Rig: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Pro-ject Debut III | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Sales Rating
    Gear

6 of one 1/2 dozen of the other...

I have heard new 6501's and old 6501's my ears could not tell a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by pitdogg2 View Post
    6 of one 1/2 dozen of the other...

I have heard new 6501's and old 6501's my ears could not tell a difference.
    You mean 6510's not 6501's right . Or at least thats what the manual lists them as.

Sales Rating
    Gear

nope I meant 6501's. I have no 6510's that are new all mine are older. My SDA1 signatures have a 6501 as dimensional drivers. I'm just stating like others have that the only difference is visual.

Ahh thanks for the clarification

Sales Rating
    Gear

Quote Originally Posted by EndersShadow View Post
    Ok. Besides saving on the used ones, any reason to not just get the replacements directly from Polk?

So the 198's are the SL3000 replacements? I thought for some reason it was the 194's . Good thing I didnt purchase some already lol....
    Hold the phone...My 11t had sl2000 and they were as far as I know bone stock.

11T vs 11TLs I am assuming that is the difference you are seeing.

Enders, 198s are definitely your tweeter target.
    I was debating doing the same with extra drivers. May have to wait until after I move some of this extraneous audio gear I have laying around before I can do that.
    "Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    I may have an addiction... RTA-15TL, SDA 2, LSi25, LSi15, LSi9, LSi7, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LS/FX, RT/FX, DSW MP2000...and that's just the Polks...

my 11T's are SW80 and SW81 for the passives. i have scoured google and can't find a listing to be sure...

oh wait... pull a driver. should be written in white grease pencil on the back. all of mine have hand written part numbers...

i believe the TL crossover is also different, besides the tweeter.

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...ELS-except-SDA
    Polk RTA 11T ....new Xovers( Gen1 + Mundorf MOX), rewired, damped, Armacell, rings, spikes, RDO-194....
    B&K Ref. 200.2
    NAD 116
    Peachtree DAC-IT
    Morrow, Huffman cables
    AMD 8350 @ 4.8 Ghz.

My bad. I missed the tl part...Mine are 11t.

Quote Originally Posted by ZLTFUL View Post
    11T vs 11TLs I am assuming that is the difference you are seeing.

Enders, 198s are definitely your tweeter target.
    I was debating doing the same with extra drivers. May have to wait until after I move some of this extraneous audio gear I have laying around before I can do that.
    Yeah I want to start stocking up, figure enough to totally redo em all is the most I want . Will take me some time to get there though

The 8" driver is the most important as Polk doesn't make a replacement for them. So those are what my first goal is.

Quote Originally Posted by 11tsteve View Post
    my 11T's are SW80 and SW81 for the passives. i have scoured google and can't find a listing to be sure...

oh wait... pull a driver. should be written in white grease pencil on the back. all of mine have hand written part numbers...

i believe the TL crossover is also different, besides the tweeter.

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...ELS-except-SDA
    Yeah it's a diff crossover than the T. I will pull the drivers tonight (I wasn't planning on being home today so I thought I would ask instead

Quote Originally Posted by SDA1C View Post
    My bad. I missed the tl part...Mine are 11t.
    Yup I got the TLs and am loving em!

Sales Rating
    Gear

Good luck on hunting down some SW-81's. Been down one myself for quite awhile and these puppies don't seem to turn up on ebay all that often. The 80's you can probably collect fairly quickly though.

I bought two if each a while back but not sure what I have left. I'll look when I get home tonight.

i do have an extra sw-81 for sure, maybe others.....
    Polk RTA 11T ....new Xovers( Gen1 + Mundorf MOX), rewired, damped, Armacell, rings, spikes, RDO-194....
    B&K Ref. 200.2
    NAD 116
    Peachtree DAC-IT
    Morrow, Huffman cables
    AMD 8350 @ 4.8 Ghz.

Member Sales Rating: (49)

I have one SW80 and one SW81 both are brand new..

Throw me a bone and they will ship to a new owner..
    Hot Rodded SDA 1.2TL's, SDA 1C's, SDA CRS+'s...