Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Marantz MA-700 Monoblocks Class?

Hi,

I have a pair of Marantz MA-700 monoblocks I found in my attic and decided to use them on my Polk Monitor 60's.

They sound pretty good.

I'm curious if anyone know if the the monoblocks are class a/b or class d design?

Thanks

Class A/B.

Typically Google is a wonderful resource for finding out information like this. I am not trying to be openly rude. I am just saying that your chances of finding the answer for a Polk Audio question are better on a Polk Audio forum. Marantz question on a Marantz forum, etc. In lieu of a forum to ask, Google usually will yield a quicker result than waiting for someone to...Google it for you. Third item listed in my Google search for "Marantz MA 700 class" gave me the answer you are searching for.
    "Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    I may have an addiction... RTA-15TL, SDA 2, LSi25, LSi15, LSi9, LSi7, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LS/FX, RT/FX, DSW MP2000...and that's just the Polks...

Trust me I tried to Google it before posting on this forum. Maybe I'm stupid but I did try to google it and all i found were sites trying to sell the amp or reviews that didn't state what class they were

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=marantz+ma-700+class

third link was an ebay site: http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_kw...Mono+amplifier

thanks!

Omit the - and you will find a lot more valuable answers.
    Unfortunately, even Marantz's legacy products site doesn't mention it.
    The reviews that you dismissed did mention it. No fewer than 4 of them that I just skimmed through concur.
    "Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    I may have an addiction... RTA-15TL, SDA 2, LSi25, LSi15, LSi9, LSi7, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LS/FX, RT/FX, DSW MP2000...and that's just the Polks...

Dag gon. All I found in my attic was about a dozen Cincinnati Reds and Cheryl Tiegs posters from 1975. Maybe ill look again gotta be a monoblock in there somewhere.

Dag gon. All I found in my attic was about a dozen Cincinnati Reds and Cheryl Tiegs posters from 1975. Maybe ill look again gotta be a monoblock in there somewhere.
    Damn, that's not even half bad. All I got was some leftover siding!
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Oppo BDP-105; Amps: Anthem Integrated 225; PS Audio GCPH Speakers: Polk - LSi15's (sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; B&K Reference 200.2; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

I found insulation in mine.It didn't seem to be serving any useful purpose so I stuffed it in a speaker.

Thread Information