Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Default BSI Speakers: I got an offer to be a 'white-van' guy!

Got home late yesterday, the mail was on the counter - and I spotted a large white oversized card with an offer from BSI Loudspeakers to be a 'white-van' rep!

The deal basically is to buy a set of their $26K speakers at a deep discount, then I can do demos-auditions for my 'audiofile friends' and for every set I can sell, I get a $2K commission!

Whaddya think? Should I go for it???

I don't have the white van, though All I have is a truck

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

All I have is a truck
    You can corner the market. All we hear about is white van speakers but never white truck speakers.
    Sounds like the perfect opportunity!
    2.0 - Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65 ,Zu Mission SC's, Audio Technica TT, Bugle2 & Bottlehead Reduction Phono Pre's, PS Audio UPC200, Doug's Int's
    HT - Anthem MRX300, RTIA3's, RTIA1's, CSIA4, DSW400, 55ST30, APC H15, 360 Elite, Panny DMP-BD35K

Looking for new homes....
    MIT EXp2 Cables
    Anthem MCA20

WOW!

Now if the suggested retail price is $26,000, those must be some very good soundin' speakers.

They simply could not have a suggested retail price that high if they were not worth every cent of that.

If you get this sales postion, the moolah will just roll in and you will have the respect and admiration of ALL of your audio-FILE friends including me.

Some guys have all the luck. It seems like these sure-fire dream jobs never land in my lap like they do for you.

And just think about it, you only have to sell 13 sets with a commission of $2000/set to come up with the $26,000 to buy some of those speakers for yourself. If you get a secret "employee's discount" for being an employee, it would make the deal even sweeter than it already is.
    Counterpoint SA1000 hybrid tube preamp, SUMO Andromeda amplifier, Acoustat Spectra 1100 Electrstatic hybrid speakers, HSU HRSW12-V subwoofer, NHT SA-2 Subwoofer amp, Rotel RCD-1070 CD, Thorens TD-160 TT, Mitchell Transcriptors Skeleton w/Vesigal arm TT

Member Sales Rating: (18)

There is talk on the gon about these. Google it
    HT- HK 335, Rotel 1075, Miova PC, AQ Indigo Speaker Cable, XLO Jumpers, AQ Diamondback ICs, AQ HDMI x2, AQ Component, Signal Cable Analog II ICs, Signal Cable Digcoax, Signal Cable Toslink, Rti8, Csi5, Rti6, Energy s10.2, Panny 42" Plasma, PS3, Harmony 1100 and Harmony PS3 Adapter, LG dvdp(for the kids), Monster 3600MKII all on a dedicated circuit.

Member Sales Rating: (8)

i bet they use real paper surrounds on their woofers with the 6 oz magnet

Member Sales Rating: (0)

i cant tell if youre being sarcastic or serious, are these good?
    HT/2channel:
    AVR: Yamaha RX-V 765
    Fronts: Polk RTiA3
    sub: Polk PSW110(will add 2x PSW 505)
    Center: CS13
    surrounds:Polk RTi4
    TV: samsung 40
    The real 2 Channel(work in progress):
    Pre:HK 3490
    Amp:Parasound 1200 MK II
    Sub:RBH 1010-SEP
    Speakers: Monitor 5 Jr. +
    most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

Dude, go BLACK VAN. Sell for the DARK SIDE! VADER AUDIO! You can become an URBAN legend!

cnh
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

Quote Originally Posted by seabeerob213 View Post
    i cant tell if youre being sarcastic or serious, are these good?
    You're joking, right?
    My humble setup...

...is no more.

These speakers are only as good as the white van they are sold from. Check for rust, underinflated tires, or "Bum Wine" bottles rolling around on the floor. If the salesperson is in a parking lot and keeps looking over his shoulder, between stopping random people who are buying mulch at a garden center, you MUST be getting a good deal.

Brick and mortar stores, or internet sites with their high costs, are for suckers. You on the other hand are a sophisticated consumer besides being an audio-FILE.

Make sure the saleman (likely Vince or Rico) gives you a verbal warranty, so you know where to get parts and service in the future in the unlikely event you ever have any problems with your $26,000 speakers.
    Counterpoint SA1000 hybrid tube preamp, SUMO Andromeda amplifier, Acoustat Spectra 1100 Electrstatic hybrid speakers, HSU HRSW12-V subwoofer, NHT SA-2 Subwoofer amp, Rotel RCD-1070 CD, Thorens TD-160 TT, Mitchell Transcriptors Skeleton w/Vesigal arm TT

Audiophile
    Member Sales Rating: (30)

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Smith View Post
    These speakers are only as good as the white van they are sold from. Check for rust, underinflated tires, or "Bum Wine" bottles rolling around on the floor. If the salesperson is in a parking lot and keeps looking over his shoulder, between stopping random people who are buying mulch at a garden center, you MUST be getting a good deal.

Brick and mortar stores, or internet sites with their high costs, are for suckers. You on the other hand are a sophisticated consumer besides being an audio-FILE.

Make sure the saleman (likely Vince or Rico) gives you a verbal warranty, so you know where to get parts and service in the future in the unlikely event you ever have any problems with your $26,000 speakers.
    Don't dis my bum wine; it enhances the listening experience.

Ugly speakers for $16,700 imo!

From the website....Sound very shady to me!

You cannot find this caliber of speaker for 2, 3, maybe 4 times the money. Our motto is simple: We make $60k+ speakers and sell them for $16,700. I use only the most costly European drivers in existence so you get $60,000 sound for a fraction of the price. The bottom-line: To have sound this good in your home, you'd need to spend $60,000 or more. PERIOD.
    In traditional manufacturing, they use a 5-10x retail mark-up from cost. If we sold this loudspeaker the "traditional" way, it would retail at $60k-$100k. $16,700 is LESS than what a dealer would pay! Using Lean Manufacturing and eliminating the dealer markup- you get this 100% US-made $60K speaker for just $16,700.
    --Gary--

Quote Originally Posted by zingo View Post
    Don't dis my bum wine; it enhances the listening experience.
    Sorry man. I don't ever want to knock another dude's choice of headbuster.

Check out the website bumwine.com where they check out and evaluate all the classics.

Scoff all you want, but some of the best speakers I ever had came out of the back of a white van.
    Even left the van owner a note: "Hey, Dood ! Thanks for leaving your van doors unlocked !!!"

A friend of mine received an email for Zimbabwe (sp?) looking to deposit 2,750,000 in his account. I think he did it. You want me to call and see if he wants a set. He should have loads of cash laying around by now....

Quote Originally Posted by goofyGAguy View Post
    You're joking, right?
    It all sounded very fishy to me, sorry I don't know many brands yet. they look very hoaxy from the description, I would never pay more than a few hundred for speakers as of now. I was just curious
    HT/2channel:
    AVR: Yamaha RX-V 765
    Fronts: Polk RTiA3
    sub: Polk PSW110(will add 2x PSW 505)
    Center: CS13
    surrounds:Polk RTi4
    TV: samsung 40
    The real 2 Channel(work in progress):
    Pre:HK 3490
    Amp:Parasound 1200 MK II
    Sub:RBH 1010-SEP
    Speakers: Monitor 5 Jr. +
    most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)

Oh cool! BSI is making speakers again?! Big Scam International is one of my favorite audio companies. Count me in! I'll have to sell my Definite Tecnoids though to make room. I can let them go for 12,500. Any takers?
    "My wife likes my rig......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!"

B&W CDM 1NT; B&W CDM CNT; Infinity us 1; Velodyne DEQ-8 x2; Pio Elite VSX-23; Sony SCD-CE595 SACD, Marantz CD5001, [/COLOR]

Thread Information