Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Are these worth a trip to Millville?

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/ele/3554181094.html

They look to be in good shape...Thoughts?

On the other hand if I bring another pair of speakers home, I may need a refrig box to sleep in
    HT:Polk LSi c LSi 15's VR3 LSi 9's LSi FX's Dual DSW MP3K's Marantz AV7701 Sunfire TGA-7401 Oppo BDP-93 Sony PS4 Directv Genie HD DVR Samsung 64" Plasma

2 C: VR3 LSIM 703's Monitor 5B's SDA SRS 2.3's DSW MP 1K Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang 50Years Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's Tesla E83CC's Marantz 2385 Yamaha M80 Parasound 2100 Pre Squeezebox Touch Marantz SA8004 SACD Music Hall MMF 5.1 TT Musical Surroundings Phonomena II Phono Pre

Looks like a good deal whats wrong with owning, Lsi's, Monitor 5s, and these, that would make a good hattrick owning 3 pairs of polks, from different series. I'am glad they are not close to me, I would want em, not sure of the going price for these perhaps someone will chime in. I think someone just bought a pair last week but sold them in 1 day, didnt like the sound of them compared to other models he owns, cant seem to find that thread anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by gudnoyez View Post
    Looks like a good deal whats wrong with owning, Lsi's, Monitor 5s, and these, that would make a good hattrick owning 3 pairs of polks, from different series. I'am glad they are not close to me, I would want em, not sure of the going price for these perhaps someone will chime in. I think someone just bought a pair last week but sold them in 1 day, didnt like the sound of them compared to other models he owns, cant seem to find that thread anymore.
    I remember reading that post too... I was thinkin that 3.1's needed more amp in his setup
    HT:Polk LSi c LSi 15's VR3 LSi 9's LSi FX's Dual DSW MP3K's Marantz AV7701 Sunfire TGA-7401 Oppo BDP-93 Sony PS4 Directv Genie HD DVR Samsung 64" Plasma

2 C: VR3 LSIM 703's Monitor 5B's SDA SRS 2.3's DSW MP 1K Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang 50Years Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's Tesla E83CC's Marantz 2385 Yamaha M80 Parasound 2100 Pre Squeezebox Touch Marantz SA8004 SACD Music Hall MMF 5.1 TT Musical Surroundings Phonomena II Phono Pre

It was tophatjohny IIRC.

I e-mailed the Seller myself about a week ago but decided to pass due to fact that the price seemed a bit high to me given that speakers had a few cosmetic issues and would need a tweeter upgrade, etc. Seller did not want to move on price. It seemed to me, in fact, that Seller did not really want to sell them at all. Also, I read some of the recent posts about how two Polk forum members (tophatjohnny, mystery) recently bought SDA 3.1 tl speakers and did not care for the sound of the SDA 3.1 tls compared to other SDA models. So I decided to pass and be content with my Polk SDA 2B tl speakers which I love.

Quote Originally Posted by pglbook View Post
    I e-mailed the Seller myself about a week ago but decided to pass due to fact that the price seemed a bit high to me given that speakers had a few cosmetic issues and would need a tweeter upgrade, etc. Seller did not want to move on price. It seemed to me, in fact, that Seller did not really want to sell them at all. Also, I read some of the recent posts about how two Polk forum members (tophatjohnny, mystery) recently bought SDA 3.1 tl speakers and did not care for the sound of the SDA 3.1 tls compared to other SDA models. So I decided to pass and be content with my Polk SDA 2B tl speakers which I love.
    I am thinkin they are too effin big... your feedback now makes sense cuz i have been watching these for some weeks now... figured they would have moved by now.

Member Sales Rating: (13)

The 3.1TL's are not big speakers and the price seems fair.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (4)

^^^^^^^Yep.^^^^^^^^
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

Really! I mean, one cannot expect 20+ year old speakers to be in like new condition, nor can one judge the price on things like the cost of new tweeters, crossover upgrades or any of the other tweaks that elevate the speaker performance to new heights. The fact is, they don't NEED new tweeters. That's not to say the RD0's aren't better, they are.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

If you're in Jersey already. It's such a SMALL state you can drive almost anywhere in less than 2 or 3 hours, north/south. And East/West it's only a little over an hour from one side to the other? So yeah, it's worth it.

Also WHOSE Polks are those? They seem to be signed by Matt Polk and that's just got to be some Jersey Polkie on this site, no?

Or is that not a real signature there. I haven't seen that many 3.1 logos?

cnh
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

Member Sales Rating: (17)

Who you calling SMALL?!
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!

My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/

It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

Member Sales Rating: (17)

they are two hours away from me. If they were 2.3TL's I'd take the drive. Not really interested in driving 2 hours for 3.1's

It would be nice if he showed the drivers.
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!

My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/

It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

They seem to be signed by Matt Polk
    All of the TL's come with that plate.

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    Really! I mean, one cannot expect 20+ year old speakers to be in like new condition, nor can one judge the price on things like the cost of new tweeters, crossover upgrades or any of the other tweaks that elevate the speaker performance to new heights. The fact is, they don't NEED new tweeters. That's not to say the RD0's aren't better, they are.
    This. Also, comparing bone stock SDA's to heavily-modified (or even slightly-modified) SDA's is a no-no in my books. I've heard the results of said upgrades on quad's 2.3tl's, and it was a night and day difference. My gut tells me that, regardless of which model of SDA is being compared to which, if one is stock and the other is modified, the modified one is going to win 99% of the time. Take the modified SDA1 vs. stock 3.1tl review with a grain of salt, with no offense meant to the reviewer.

The 3.1tl has at least $200 worth of midwoofers in each cabinet. If they all work, why wouldn't it be worth $500? Sometimes, if you just break a speaker down into their parts, the total price seems to make a little more sense, no? Maybe that's just the flipper in me...
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Thread Information