+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New HT Setup

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default New HT Setup

I am building a new HT system and need some help/advice. Projected setup:

Front: 2x RTI A5
    Center: CSI A6
    Sub: ??? whats a good price range and sub for this setup
    Rear: 2x old speakers from parents for the time being. Thinking either RTI A3 or FXIA4
    Reciever: Definitely need 3 HDMI in and 1 HDMI out. Beyond that, not sure. With A5s, does an amp do much (recommend preamps)?

The room is like 14x18x8, but the listening area is 14x10x8.

Can't edit apparently. Was looking at the HK1700 for the receiver.

Sound like a good start. You may want to get an AVR with pre outs, in case you want to up grade your speakers. Many believe it's worth spending a couple hundred extra and avoid replacing an AVR for a more powerful in the future. That HK will power those A5's fine. Just something to think about.

I would probably go with the FXI A4 for surrounds. Should match nicely with the A5's.

As far as subs, HSU or SVS are fairly priced subs. They have quit a few offerings below $1K.

Good luck, and welcome to Club Polk.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Kazimir View Post
    I am building a new HT system and need some help/advice. Projected setup:

Front: 2x RTI A5
    Center: CSI A6
    Sub: ??? whats a good price range and sub for this setup
    Rear: 2x old speakers from parents for the time being. Thinking either RTI A3 or FXIA4
    Reciever: Definitely need 3 HDMI in and 1 HDMI out. Beyond that, not sure. With A5s, does an amp do much (recommend preamps)?

The room is like 14x18x8, but the listening area is 14x10x8.
    I have a similar setup.

I have a5's a6, and still have some crappy t-15s for surrounds.

For a sub thats not gonna break the bank and sounds decent look at the dsw660 or dsw600 they go for $350 or less. I have the 600 and it sounds great. There are better but for the price these are really nice

For the surrounds get the fxia4's they are designed for surround duties and will give a much better sound stage then the a3.

The HK avr1700 is nice for when it goes on sale for $199. I wouldnt pay more than that. I recommend a vsx1122k yamaha 673 or any used Pioneer elite AVR. The elites are nice since they have preouts and it will allow you to grow by adding amps in the future.

With amps the a5s really come alive, but with a quality AVR they still sound very nice.
    HT Rig Sharp LC-52LE810|Panasonic BDP210|Pioneer Elite VSX-32|Polk Audio RTiA5 Cherry|Polk Audio CsiA6 Cherry|Polk Audio T-15|DSW Pro 600, Micro Pro4000 powered with a Crown XLS1000

2Channel Rig Polk Audio LSi9 Cherry| Carver C-1|Carver M1.0t|Dual 1257|Acer A500|Pioneer SW8-MKII X2

Been looking more into receivers today. The Denon AVR 1713 looks promising. Does anyone know if it has preamp outs for the main channels (seems like 3 channel 2x zone 2 + 1x sub)? My setup will be running by an HTPC and I don't use apple products, so most of the addon stuff doesn't matter to me. I just need all the latest formats supported. I would prefer 5.1 if it offers the features w/o the cost since I live in apartments, so don't have space for 7.1. Audyssey MultEQ XT + Dynamic EQ + Dynamic Volume seems nice to have. Do you think there would be any issues driving the above setup with this?

Thread Information