Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Thanks. That was my wifes choice. I was really unsure of the material when we got it. It looks much better on the panel then I thought it would. Once the room gets painted it will match a little better
    HT Rig Sharp LC-52LE810|Panasonic BDP210|Pioneer Elite VSX-32|Polk Audio RTiA5 Cherry|Polk Audio CsiA6 Cherry|Polk Audio T-15|DSW Pro 600, Micro Pro4000 powered with a Crown XLS1000

2Channel Rig Polk Audio LSi9 Cherry| Carver C-1|Carver M1.0t|Dual 1257|Acer A500|Pioneer SW8-MKII X2

I did a few changes. Painted the walls a brownish grey with a darker accent wall (facing wall) Brought my PC into the room and use it for media server. Tv dubs as a bluray screen and a PC monitor.

Changing out the light bulbs in the ceiling fan to a dimmer/warmer bulb and painting the walls the muted colors makes the room much more relaxing and creates a sort of ambiance.

In the next month or so I am looking at getting an AQ dragonfly and a AQ 3.5mm to Rca interconnect. Looking forward to seeing the improvement gained from that.

Both my Lsi's and King Cobras have broken in, and to my surprise I can tell a noticeable difference. I really didnt expect it but things have gotten much warmer sounding and brass instruments seem to have more detail and are less harsh overall.

I am extremely happy with the sound I am getting from my system. Building this room has shown me that without a doubt everything makes a difference positive or negative no matter how small the change. For example the seat I sit in has a leather headrest, which sits right behind my ears. I was getting annoying reflections off the leather. I got some black dish towels, wrapped them around the edges of the headrest, and the problem was solved. Room treatments was by far the best $100 I have spent on audio sofar.

Here are some images I took with the gopro fisheye.

HT Rig Sharp LC-52LE810|Panasonic BDP210|Pioneer Elite VSX-32|Polk Audio RTiA5 Cherry|Polk Audio CsiA6 Cherry|Polk Audio T-15|DSW Pro 600, Micro Pro4000 powered with a Crown XLS1000

2Channel Rig Polk Audio LSi9 Cherry| Carver C-1|Carver M1.0t|Dual 1257|Acer A500|Pioneer SW8-MKII X2

Member Sales Rating: (9)

Your room and your set-up look great. I used to have my stereo in a very similar sized room, and it was difficult to tame. Treatments are everything in a space of this size, you've accomplished a lot.

Love the chair also!
    SDA CRS+4.1TL's/Modded SDA 1C's/Modded SDA SRS 3.1 TL's/Modded SDA SRS 2.3TL

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I keep thinking I should build some DIY treatments for the corners in my room too, but I havent finalized my layout just yet so I am holding off.

I am hoping to build like you 2 corner bass traps and then also 3 2x4 traps, one behind each speaker and one in between them, but we will see how that works
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Main HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse DVR | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office Rig: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Pro-ject Debut III | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse DVR | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

Quote Originally Posted by EndersShadow View Post
    I keep thinking I should build some DIY treatments for the corners in my room too, but I havent finalized my layout just yet so I am holding off.

I am hoping to build like you 2 corner bass traps and then also 3 2x4 traps, one behind each speaker and one in between them, but we will see how that works
    I used the safe and sound roxul stuff from lowes it gives you 8 2x3x4 panels. Then i used some 3x8 ferring strips to build the frames. The corner traps are just the 2x4 panels stacked on top of each other anchored to the wall. I plan on filling the void with a some old comforters and blankets that are not being used.

Quote Originally Posted by specd_out View Post
    I used the safe and sound roxul stuff from lowes it gives you 8 2x3x4 panels. Then i used some 3x8 ferring strips to build the frames. The corner traps are just the 2x4 panels stacked on top of each other anchored to the wall. I plan on filling the void with a some old comforters and blankets that are not being used.
    Awesome man thanks! You coulda fooled me I thought they were corner traps as in triangles cut pieces of roxul.

Main HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse DVR | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office Rig: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Pro-ject Debut III | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Sales Rating
    Gear

Quote Originally Posted by EndersShadow View Post
    Awesome man thanks! You coulda fooled me I thought they were corner traps as in triangles cut pieces of roxul.
    Nope. The space can be used for different things, so its kinda tuneable. some people will fill the void using the pink insulation. So you have options

Quote Originally Posted by specd_out View Post
    Nope. The space can be used for different things, so its kinda tuneable. some people will fill the void using the pink insulation. So you have options
    Gotcha. I plan on taking those sheets of roxul and laying them flat, cutting them in triangles and stacking to the walls and then building a frame around them to work (if/when) I do that.

I spent last night re-arraigning my setup and I haven't decided if I like my new layout, or if I want to move everything around again

Sales Rating
    Gear

Lol I know the feeling. With my room I dont have a lot of options. The way I did it gives me the most space but also fits as close as I can get, to what most people consider an ideal room layout.

Sweet room!! I have the same Ikea chair and it is very comfortable.

Also, since I cannot tell. What dampening material is being used behind the fabric?

Nevermind. I was scrolling too fast and missed the post of the materials you used...lol

Yes I love my chair

Sure did spice up that room. Lokks way more inviting & apparently sounds more inviting too. +1 on the Poang. Huge bang for the buck. Interesting comment about reflections from the headrest...

Nice... I bet Trey would like to upg those lsi 9's
    HT:Polk LSi c LSi 15's LSi 7's LSi FX's Dual DSW MP3K's Marantz AV7701 Sunfire TGA-7401 Oppo BDP-93 Sony PS3 Directv Genie HD DVR Sony 55" 3D LED LCD

2 C: VR3 LSIM 703's Monitor 5B's VR3 LSi 9's Audioquest Rocket 33's DSW MP 1K Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang 50Years Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's Tesla E83CC's Marantz 2385 Yamaha M80 Parasound 2100 Pre Squeezebox Touch Marantz SA8004 SACD Music Hall MMF 5.1 TT Musical Surroundings Phonomena II Phono Pre Solid Silver IC's, Pangea PC's

Nice room. I love your color choice.

cubdog
    Shuguang Classic S8MK
    Bel Canto DAC 1.5
    Squeezebox Touch
    Sony SS-M7
    Robert Grodinsky RGR Model 5
    Emotiva XDA-1
    A/D/S L710

Made a few new changes. I dont know if you guys have heard of a "Lack Rack" but its a good looking affordable rack unit for stereo or networking devices. Its almost as if the designed the size for 19" devices. Basically you take two lack tables from ikea $9.99 each, some wooden dowels and misc parts $30 or less and you get a really nice looking rack for $50 or less. People have done some pretty extensive builds using these tables, mines pretty basic, but it does what I need it too.

Here is mine

I used 1 full leg and one half leg. Filled the legs with the dowels so that my rails had something solid to mount to. used lag bolts to fasten the bottom table to the legs and then used aluminium rails to support my equipment. I can slide my equipment in and out with ease. its open on all sides so stuff can breathe easy, and its very easy to implement wire management on the back legs.

I also got a ADC ss-315x eq. Its dead silent when on and has made a nice improvement to my setup. All the lights are pretty cool too

First I brought you high gloss Rtia5s, Now I give you high gloss dsw 600. LOL

Never liked the matte finish on the sub before. Mine was getting dull is some spots and some spots had some shine. It also didnt go well with the gloss Lsi9s and the gloss stands. This project was more involved then just a polish. I repainted the sub in a deep Ford black and then applied several coats of clear. Then I polished it out. Came out well but took a long time to do.

Thread Information