Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default More Goodwill finds

Just found today a pair of ADS L690 for $12 they look good need some cleaning. Have to wait to get home and test them but for now will get some wings at Hooters.

Cheers

At Goodwill I got this last Sunday for $17.50 Holds 61 cds works great Name:  100_0330.jpg
Views: 733
Size:  99.8 KB

Member Sales Rating: (2)

.... oh those engineers are always thinking about their end-users...
    How many CDs should we make the new changer hold, Yoshi?
    Easy, Yuki! Sixty-one, of course!
    <Yoshi and Yuki both laugh uproariously then swig some more sake>
    The ads L-690s are a great acquisition if the drivers are all working...
    all the best,
    mrh

LOL!! The reason for 61 is the 1 is for the quick change single play slot, it plays the 1 disk and quits.
    Strange they came up with the 60 rather than just 50 though and to make things more confusing they also
    made a 111 (55x2) player why wasn't it 121 (60x2) ?

Quote Originally Posted by mhardy6647 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by mhardy6647 View Post

Cheers

Well as soon i get home i will update. I also got a pair of L780/2 a while back from goodwill also but those need to have the drivers restoted but it is on the works.

Well one more thing on this ones. They both have the red plastic cover over the Tweeter's and i have never seen that before.

Well after testing all drivers are good. Really like the front stage for their small size,
    AVR-Onkyo709
    AMP- Parasound 2125, Adcom 585
    Mains for HT and some Music- RTi12s
    Main for Music only- Linn Keilidh or Usher V-601
    PreAmp for Music: B&K AVP-3090
    Rear- RTi8s
    Center-CSi5
    Sub-JBL L8400P 12"
    Player- Oppo BDP-103
    TT: Philips 406
    Phono Pre-Amp: BBE FJB-200X

Bedroom rig:
    Pionner Elite VSX-30
    Onkyo CS-5VL SACD Player
    Polk Audio LS70
    Hunting for a sub...

I knew what the "1" was - but, yeah, doesn't the "60" seem kind of random :-)

FWIW, I am not a huge fan of the ads L-780 or the L-780/2. They should be on par with the earlier ads three-ways, and I had a beautiful pair for a while... but they just seemed kind of lifeless, kind of meh to me compared to my L-710s. I think that the L-710/L-810/L-910 are just superb vintage "monkey coffin" (sealed box) loudspeakers.
    all the best,
    mrh

Name:  35474_4355390853040_2095685684_n.jpg
Views: 613
Size:  72.1 KB I just picked up a pair of these polk sda 2 's today for $10.00 for the pair I couldn't believe it !i would say i picked them up and ran to the car but that would be a lie ! these things are heavy lol

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Quote Originally Posted by kquail View Post
    Attachment 81615 I just picked up a pair of these polk sda 2 's today for $10.00 for the pair I couldn't believe it !i would say i picked them up and ran to the car but that would be a lie ! these things are heavy lol
    DAMN and welcome to CP. Go buy a lottery ticket!!!

Nice find quail. Do some research and get those pups set up correctly. The one you have pictures is the right channel.

If/when you get them setup and get the SDA in full motion, you might find that those things cost you a hell of a lot more than $10.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Douglas IC's, AQ cv-8 SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

i picked up a sony reciver with hdmi pass through 110 watts x7 reciver for 35 last time i went..

thanks for the welcome ! and i think this was my lottery ticket ,, i cant wait to set them up and hear these ,,allot of people seem to love these, no one has anything bad to say about them , i have to make a interconnect cable and do a run through to make sure everything is good first .

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

SDA's for 10 bucks. That's incredible! You'll be smiling for "years"!

As for ADS, also a GREAT price on those. Drivers not that different from my much smaller 2 way L520s which I refer to as "keepers". Although I'd like to hear the three ways that mhardy mentions. Seen lots of those, seen the ads, specs, reviews, etc. But never heard a pair?

Though I've said this before, it won't hurt to repeat it here: I love the way ADS sound with vintage Yamaha receivers and integrateds. I run mine on a Yamana CR-800. Very, very nice!

Have fun guys.
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

Quick question . what is the ohm rating on the sda 2 speakers with the interchange cable and with out it ? my vintage pioneer receiver don't drop below 8 ohm's stable i can go up in ohms but cant drop below 8, and to achieve higher ohms can i wire in series to my sansui speakers and still use the interchange cable ?
    Last edited by kquail; 02-19-2013 at 08:06 PM.

I believe the SDA 2s are 4 OHM speakers. I have a pair of SDA 2Bs and I believe the SDA 2Bs were the first speakers in the SDA series to be rated above 4 OHMs. The SDa 2Bs are rated at 6 OHMs. The earlier SDA 2s and SDA 1s are rated at 4 OHMs. I am pretty sure about that but, to be safe, please await confirmation from some of the SDA experts on this site. There is also a great resource - the SDA Handbook - floating around that has pics and specs of each speaker in the SDA line. It is in one of the threads but I forget which one. Thanks. Welcome to the world of Polk SDAs. They are amazing speakers - once you've heard them, there is no going back!!!

Geez, some guys have all the luck. We recently got a Goodwill in a nearby town that I have checked from time to time, but I have yet to find ANYTHING worth buying. Maybe I'll get lucky someday. Congrats!!!

keep looking i go in everyday and only found 2 things in 2 years i buy albums from there all the time but the sda's i found was my holy grail of finds by far

Attachment 81615 I just picked up a pair of these polk sda 2 's today for $10.00 for the pair I couldn't believe it !i would say i picked them up and ran to the car but that would be a lie ! these things are heavy lol
    Well it's REALLY your lucky day, i'll offer you DOUBLE what you paid for em Definitely a nice snag though, congrats and welcome!
    Theater Room: Pioneer Elite SC-35, RTi12's, Csi5, Fxi5's, Fxi3's, ED A5-350 sub, Optoma HD20, 92'' Elite Screen, Sony BDPS790, Xbox One, APC H15, MIT Exp 2 SC's, Pepster PC's

Living Room: Martin Logan ESL's, Peachtree Audio iNova, Zu Mission SC's & IC's, Pepster PC, Sharp Aquos 60'', AEX

Bedroom: Panasonic AX200U projector, 110" screen

Outdoor: Polk Atrium 5's, Yamaha Rxv371

I know you don't live in Texas there is never any Polks at the Goodwills here.

Download this for your information needs :

http://vr3mods.com/uploads/SDA_Handbook_2011_Rev2.pdf

see pdf page 12 they are 4 ohms

Quick question . what is the ohm rating on the sda 2 speakers with the interchange cable and with out it ? my vintage pioneer receiver don't drop below 8 ohm's stable i can go up in ohms but cant drop below 8, and to achieve higher ohms can i wire in series to my sansui speakers and still use the interchange cable ?

Quote Originally Posted by PolkieMan View Post
    I know you don't live in Texas there is never any Polks at the Goodwills here.
    Don't know about the Goodwill's down there, but I've definitely driven down to Houston before just to snag a speaker or two off craigslist. You do get your gems occasionally, even if they are snatched up by "Northerners"
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Douglas IC's, AQ cv-8 SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Yea I got my 1C's off CS but that was $250 a year ago

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    Don't know about the Goodwill's down there, but I've definitely driven down to Houston before just to snag a speaker or two off craigslist. You do get your gems occasionally, even if they are snatched up by "Northerners"

i found an HK HD dvd player at a pawn shop, 50 bucks, should i get it? for cd's
    HT/2channel:
    AVR: Yamaha RX-V 765
    Fronts: Polk RTiA3
    sub: Polk PSW110(will add 2x PSW 505)
    Center: CS13
    surrounds:Polk RTi4
    TV: samsung 40
    The real 2 Channel(work in progress):
    Pre:HK 3490
    Amp:Parasound 1200 MK II
    Sub:RBH 1010-SEP
    Speakers: YTD
    most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)

Sounds awfully expensive to me unless it is really something special... I am used to finding these gratis at my favorite local vintage audio emporium (which, to me, is about the right price, since the market demand for 'em is pretty darned low nowadays).
    all the best,
    mrh

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

I'd agree with mhardy. I run an old Sony I picked up for $9 dollars in a vintage system that I bet would rival or beat the HK DVD player? Those players were not that expensive originally, if I'm not mistaken?

I should add, though, that mhardy has been spoiled by his "unprecedented" cheap access to used goods at his favorite emporium. And that those of us who come from more "sparsely" populated areas have to look "longer and harder" for those bargains?

cnh
    Last edited by cnh; 02-20-2013 at 01:22 PM.
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

The older DVD players that bring decent money in the used market are the SACD capable ones. Just being HD-DVD (an obsolete format that lost the Blu-Ray/HD-DVD wars) doesn't make it inherently more expensive. At a pawn shop, that thing shouldn't be priced any higher than a standard DVD player.
    "Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    I may have an addiction... RTA-15TL, SDA 2, LSi25, LSi15, LSi9, LSi7, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LS/FX, RT/FX, DSW MP2000...and that's just the Polks...

ok, glad i passed on it, but just picked up a vintage kenwood amp, i forgot the model number, post it later, $13
    HT/2channel:
    most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)

Quote Originally Posted by seabeerob213 View Post
    ok, glad i passed on it, but just picked up a vintage kenwood amp, i forgot the model number, post it later, $13
    its a KA 728
    HT/2channel:

Quote Originally Posted by seabeerob213 View Post
    its a KA 728
    72B, 70W @ 8 and 100W @4
    HT/2channel:

SDA's for $10....that really just pisses me off! lol

I went to 2 of GWs today after leaving the doctors office. Found NOTHING! It has been a long time since I found any deals on anything at a GW.
    --Gary--

Thread Information