Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default LSi25 vs LSiM707 TO BE USED WITH EMOTIVA XPA-2 AMP.

I CAN GET A LIKE NEW PAIR OF LSi25's FOR $850.00
    & A PAIR OF BRAND NEW LSiM707 FOR $2200.00 MY QUESTION IS, ARE THE 707's WORTH THE EXTRA $1350.00 or SHOULD I INVEST THE
    EXTRA MONEY IN A GOOD PRE-AMP?

PS THANKS IN ADAVANCE FOR ANY HELP & ADVICE...

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Yes they are worth the extra money Tony, but only you can decide if it is actually worth it to you to spend it.
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, Boston PV-600 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Save a little coin and buy them from polkaudio on ebay $1700 shipped to door http://www.ebay.com/itm/EA-LSiM707-C...item35c1d89dec
    Last edited by drselect; 02-14-2013 at 07:32 AM. Reason: typo

Member Sales Rating: (41)

Quote Originally Posted by drselect View Post
    Save a little coin and buy them from polkaudio on ebay $1700 shipped to door http://www.ebay.com/itm/EA-LSiM707-C...item35c1d89dec
    That's $1700 each.

Member Sales Rating: (20)

I don't think the Emotiva is good enough for the 707. It may drive the 25 well enough, but the 707 will quickly exposes the weaknesses of that amp

Well he can wait until he actually hears them with the amp to decide if HE feels that it is not good enough. What's most important here is that he has an amp to properly drive them in the first place.
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, Boston PV-600 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Quote Originally Posted by AsSiMiLaTeD View Post
    I don't think the Emotiva is good enough for the 707. It may drive the 25 well enough, but the 707 will quickly exposes the weaknesses of that amp
    ^This^
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Quote Originally Posted by drselect View Post
    That is $1700 for one speaker and I don't think 15% off (you'll still pay sales tax) is enough of a discount, given that you'd be getting a refurbished product and a 2-year warranty vs. a 5-year one if the speakers are purchased new.

Member Sales Rating: (41)

Quote Originally Posted by AVTONY2510 View Post
    I CAN GET A LIKE NEW PAIR OF LSi25's FOR $850.00
    & A PAIR OF BRAND NEW LSiM707 FOR $2200.00 MY QUESTION IS, ARE THE 707's WORTH THE EXTRA $1350.00 or SHOULD I INVEST THE
    EXTRA MONEY IN A GOOD PRE-AMP?

PS THANKS IN ADAVANCE FOR ANY HELP & ADVICE...
    I'd say got with the 707's or even the 705's. IMO they're better than the older series. Your XPA 2 will do just fine. No need to go out and change amps if you haven't heard how that combo sounds.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Crap. I am having one of those weeks. Completely missed that the price was each. Sorry for the misinformation.
    And once again:

Last edited by AVTONY2510; 02-15-2013 at 03:49 AM.

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Quote Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
    Well he can wait until he actually hears them with the amp to decide if HE feels that it is not good enough. What's most important here is that he has an amp to properly drive them in the first place.
    Great advice Cathy...it's a shame the Emo bashers will come along & muck up this thread. They just can't help themselves. The 707's would be my pick out of the two. The money difference between the two is quite large. The OP has some pondering to do. If he can get them both in house for a side by side demo would be ideal & put any questions he might have to rest.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "
    Panny 65" 3D Plasma
    Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A3010 AVR
    D>SONIC M2-600M mono's / mains
    Rotel RMB-1095 / 5 channel amp
    Rotel RMB-1075 / 5 channel amp
    TEAC UD - 501 DAC
    Oppo BDP-93
    SONOS System
    KEF Q900 / mains
    KEF Q600 / center
    KEF Q800 / surrounds
    KEF Q100 / rear surr.
    Def Tech ProMonitor 1000 / front & rear presence
    Velodyne SPL-1200R subs / dual pair
    DSPeaker Anti-Mode 8033 sub EQ
    Equitech Balanced Power Son of Q 1.5R
    Extensive room treatments

You guys crack me up man. The old purist in me falls in F1nuts camp, but the other side of me says who gives a crap. As long as you enjoy what you hear, the brand name means squat, which might be Phils camp. All in all, I have fun participating in both.

Member Sales Rating: (6)

My take on it is this: The LSiM707s are definitely better than the LSi25s, but I believe the LSi25s would be a better match for the XPA-2. The reason being is the LSi25 has a more laid back sound than the LSiM707. The LSiMs are more neutral and revealing. I've owned Emotiva amps in the past and I like them better than most on here, but they are a little bright for my taste for two channel music. The more laid back sound of the LSis would pair better with the more forward sound of the XPA-2 than would the LSiMs.

Ultimately you have to ask yourself if you have any plans on changing the amp in the future (not necesarily out of cons but just to try something different). If so you probaly would be better off with the LSiM707 because they have more potential to give higher performance when upgrading gear upstream. One of the real positives of Emotiva amps are they have good resale value and sell very quickly on sites like Audiogon. You could sell the Emotiva and use the funds to purchace an amp that is more on the neutral to warmer side of things that will pair better with the LSiMs.

If you want to stay with the XPA-2, then as I stated above the LSi25s will be a better match and they are certainly no slouch either. You can take the money you save and buy a good tube preamp that will help tame down the brightness of the XPA and you will have a very good sounding system. I guess what I'm trying to say is the LSiMs will have more potential for the future, but the LSis will better match your current gear.

I'm not in any way knocking the Emotiva amp. Ask yourself where you really want to go with this and go from there.

Member Sales Rating: (5)

I've heard that amp and each speaker you have mentioned. I would not go with the LSiM series and the XPA 2. Not saying its a bad amp, it's actually a meaty capable amp for the money, But clouds the highs just a little bit (maybe recessed Is the word I'm looking for? In other words, not the amp to really highlight the excellent detail the lsim gives in my opinion.

Now, would I mate an LSi with the EMO? Yeah, Seems like a better fit to me.

Also, In terms if the speakers them selves, I say no to both and would choose between Lsi 15 and LSiM 705 instead

The 25 never did it for me (I'm sure the built in powered sub had a lot to do with it) and while the 707 is a brilliant speaker, it is a bit overkill for all but cavernous listening rooms. The 705's are just sooooooo right sized for even larger than average listening rooms. Placement seems a lot easier as well.

Just my .02
    Theater - Polk LSi15, LSiC, LSi9 speaks, DIY Sub (142.5L box, SVS plus driver, 500 Watt plate amp)...Outlaw 990 pre/pro, Carver TFM45, 2 X Outlaw M200 . Rotel RB980 . PS3, Monster 3600 power center

2 Channel -
    Anthem Pre 2l, Jolida JD100 CD player, CAL Sigma DAC, Carver m4.0, Polk LSi9 w external modified Crossovers (thanks Trey!)

I purchased a pair of LSi25's last month, powered by a Crown amp. I have not yet heard the LSiM 707's but have been very happy with my LSi25's for sure, about 85% music, 15% HT/Gaming. The sub amps did need a bit of tweaking but very happy with them now. The Crown powers the highs/mids and built in amp powers sub of course. Its been suggested by several people to me that letting the SS amp run the sub and power the highs/mids with a good tube amp would really smooth everything out nicely. You would also save quite a bit as a pair of new LSi25's shipped is $400 less than one LSiM 707! With that much saved you could do some nice upgrades or just pocket it. :)
    ---
    Polk Studio Monitor 4.6 Series 2's, Polk RT1000p's, Polk LSi25's, Boston Acoustic VR-975's
    Crown D-75, Crown CE1000, Crown CE2000

Thread Information