Wichita - Two brothers accidentally blew up their Kansas house during a lottery win celebration. The duo allegedly celebrated their $75,000 prize with marijuana and meth.
After winning $75,000 with a lottery ticket, two brothers from Wichita accidentally blew up their house, reported the Wichita Eagle. Authorities said the duo had celebrated their scratch-off ticket winnings by purchasing marijuana and meth.
The explosion occurred on Friday at about 7 p.m. According to police, the fire occurred when one brother went into the kitchen to refuel a butane torch they "planned to use to light their bongs," reported The Eagle. After emptying the cans, butane was leaked into the air.
“The butane vapor reached the pilot light in the furnace, and as you might expect, ka-boom,” Sgt. Bruce Watts of the Wichita Police Department said.
One of the brothers, age 27, was injured with second-degree burns and brought to the hospital. The other was arrested on drug charges after he admitted to having methamphetamine and marijuana in the house.
Reportedly, the injured brother was dropped off at the hospital by his girlfriend. Her kids were also allegedly in the car. She has not been seen since.
The injured brother was released on Monday, reported the Kansas City Star.
Neighbor Mary Jewett recalled the incident to the media, telling the Kansas City Star that the explosion "shook the whole house" and she thought she heard yelling of "get out". She also remembers the smoke.
"It shook my whole kitchen and it shook my kids bedroom," she said, reported CBS News affiliate KWCH 12.
Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/articl...#ixzz2LOZlfaLD
Takes all kinds of idiots!! Got what they deserved IMO!!