Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Default What is "level 2 power cleaning"??

AC line conditioners like to say they have a certain level of power cleaning, level 2, level 4, etc. What the heck are they talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by muncybob View Post
    AC line conditioners like to say they have a certain level of power cleaning, level 2, level 4, etc. What the heck are they talking about?
    Mostly marketing flim/flam IMHO

Member Sales Rating: (8)

the amount of pocket-lining profit the sale of each item represents

So you would not let it affect your decision between 2 units from the same manufacturer(Pannamax) but one is level 2 and the other level 4?

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I'd look at the maximum current they can draw and make sure it's enough to cover all of your gear, future gear etc. I think it's a lot of marketing gimmicks but usually there are more benefits than just that to move up to a better model by the same manufacturer.
    Theater Room: Pioneer Elite SC-35, RTi12's, Csi5, Fxi5's, Fxi3's, ED A5-350 sub, Optoma HD20, 92'' Elite Screen, Sony BDPS790, Xbox One, APC H15, MIT Exp 2 SC's, Pepster PC's

Living Room: Martin Logan ESL's, Peachtree Audio iNova, Zu Mission SC's & IC's, Pepster PC, Sharp Aquos 60'', AEX

Bedroom: Panasonic AX200U projector, 110" screen

Outdoor: Polk Atrium 5's, Yamaha Rxv371

I have monster hts1650 in my ht rig and a panamax M8-AV-PRO in my 2 channel setup. Both have filtration. I dont notice a difference. I look at what they can output what the joule rating is, and if it has an auto disconnect for voltage fluctuations
    HT Rig Sharp LC-52LE810|Panasonic BDP210|Pioneer Elite VSX-32|Polk Audio RTiA5 Cherry|Polk Audio CsiA6 Cherry|Polk Audio T-15|DSW Pro 600, Micro Pro4000 powered with a Crown XLS1000

2Channel Rig Polk Audio LSi9 Cherry| Carver C-1|Carver M1.0t|Dual 1257|Acer A500|Pioneer SW8-MKII X2

Member Sales Rating: (13)

You need to compare what is offered between the different levels to determine what fits your needs, which is pretty much what B Run just said.

I will add that not all conditioners are created equal even within the same brand. Some are capable of passing high current, some are not. Some have higher joule ratings, which is always a good thing. Most rely on MOV's for surge protection, which degrade every time they are activated, but also simply from time. So, it is important to know what they are using. SurgeX is one company that does not use MOV's, if you want to look at their offerings.

None of them will protect from a direct hit, so it's always a good idea to unplug your gear in a thunderstorm and also if you are going to be away for a while.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Thread Information