Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Thank the heavens for this hobby

I've been stressed out the last week because I've got one course that is throwing everything out of whack. I've done more work than this class calls for because I'm having issues following what exactly is needed. I've re-written a lesson plan about 4 times now and still don't have it all done because of the online structure. This is after the teaching day was moved up two weeks on us, so essentially we are cramming 3 weeks worth of work in about 5 days.

With job/family/other classes thrown in, I've been at a stress level I haven't been at in a long, long time. The one shining grace is that the tubes I ordered Sunday night got here today and I'm relaxing with a beer listening to tunes. I can already feel the heart rate dropping as I relax to the Lumineers.

On a side note, I gotta say, Sylvania makes some pretty damn nice 12at7's. They've definitely brought the Jolida to life.

Cheers to everyone else who has the chance to enjoy this hobby.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Douglas IC's, AQ cv-8 SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Not a tube guy but I know what you mean. Hell, after a hard day I can strap on the ipod and feel much better. Music relaxes and rejuvinates the soul.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Agreed. Listening to one full album straight through (especially themed albums) can take you to another place if you relax and listen. My favorite pastime 100%. Having nice equipment can make it that much more real and involving.
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

Music soothes the savage beast!! Lumineers are very good...So are the Civil Wars!

Been meaning to pick up that CD.... adding it to my Amazon Music Wish list as a reminder ...
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Main HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse DVR | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office Rig: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Pro-ject Debut III | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse DVR | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

Member Sales Rating: (9)

Listened to a great deal of full album music (both vinyl/digital) especially during teaching units this year that involved switching over to Google Docs or on iPads. All about prepping for new/different situations and potential chaos from having to do something in a different way.
    Staff Member TONEAudio
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio
    2 Channel System
    SimAudio Moon i7 int. amp
    iBook w/PureMusic/iTunes,1.5 TB harddrive
    Sim Audio Moon 300D DAC,
    Harbeth Compact 7es-3 Speakers
    Magnepan 1.6 w/Skiing Ninja x-overs
    Rega RP1 w/Ortofon Super OM40
    SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Additional Gear:
    ACI Emerald XL, Totem Rainmakers, Celestion Si Stands, AudioArt cabling, Shunyata Venom power cords, Modified PS Audio Trio C-100 int. amp, Vista Audio Int. Tube, iPod 160 gig

Thread Information