Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Default Another "What are these speakers ?" post.

Local guy in our little haven posted these on Craigslist; I emailed a "Model # ?", got back a "There's no model #. I think that there's 4 speakers and a tweeter". Okay, I'm assuming original owner bought grey market.
    Fine, can you send me a pic with the grills off ? No reply yet, but these have my curiosity up.

Anybody able to ballpark ID these from the glossy finish and from the grill ?
    I suppose I could search myself, but I admit I probably couldn't be lazier without a lot of work.
    Thanks.
    BTW, I look at that fan and think to myself "basement flood".

Click image for larger version

Name:	polk speakers.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	81729 Click image for larger version

Name:	Polk speakers grill.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	81730

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Not a clue, sorry.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Where were these posted (city) ? The finish looks like the rosewood veneer from the LS series (ca. - early to mid nineties). From what I can remember I believe we had some towers (non-LS) made up with that finish for evaluation that didn't make it to market.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Thanks, they're from Dupo, Illinois. I haven't received a further reply yet, but I'm hoping to get a picture with the grills off. If he sends one, then it'll be easy as pie to tell.
    If he doesn't reply by tomorrow, I'll send him an email with an offer of .... heck, "willing to pay up to $1000" . That should get his attention. And a pic. Or an address so I can see these in person.
    And I suppose that's kind of cheating, when there isn't a chance in Hades I'd "pay up to $1000".
    But ... I need to find out what model Polks these are.
    It's become a quest.

Member Sales Rating: (10)

I'm with nap. Rosewood LS90's would be my bet. Same logo as mine and 4 drivers and a tweeter.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbigbluelight View Post
    And I suppose that's kind of cheating, when there isn't a chance in Hades I'd "pay up to $1000".
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with making that statement. You'd only be lying if you'd insist on paying more than $1000 for them.

It's like those TV diet/workout infomercials that say something like, "You're guaranteed to lose up to 20 pounds, or more, in the first month of using our system!" Well, whether you lose five pounds or twenty-five pounds, or even gain weight for that matter, there's not a result that you can get that is an outlier of their guaranteed parameters.

I was going to say LS series but they don't appear to be tapered. I am thinking that they may be as nap says, that are an evaluation model from that era.
    Stan

Main 2ch:
    Polk LSi15 (DB840 upgrade)
    Parasound: C/PT-600, HCA-800II; Denon: DVD-2910, DRM-800A; Monster HTS3600-MKII, Grado SR-225i

HT:
    Denon AVR-888, Polk: RM7, PSW10, Marantz UD5005, Panasonic TC-P42S60

Other stuff:
    Denon: DRA-835R, DRA-825R, DCD-660, DRM-700A, DRR-780; Polk: RTA11TL (RDO198-1, XO and Damping Upgrades), S8, Monitor 5A, TSi100; Pioneer CT-6R, PL-530; Onkyo CP-1046F; Ortofon OM5E, Marantz PM5004, CD5004

Thread Information