Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Default Pepster is da man

Name:  DBTester009_zps9c5b06e0.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  297.9 KB

Paul made me some IC'S, yes the man does more than powercords. First off, they came boxed in bubble wrap and enough peanuts to withstand even the worst postal employee with an attitude. Build quality is exceptional. These are high grade silver with Cardas plugs. As soon as I opened the box, my fist thoughts was, Holly crap....Paul wasn't kidding about the Jimmy Choo shoes. BTW Paul, good call on the red, thats the wifes favorite color. Really folks, build quality, quality of parts used, workmanship....top notch by anyones measure. Was almost afraid to hook them up, thinking Paul was going to finance his next vacation with these badboys.

First impressions, mind you out of the box and not broken in. Previous IC's were Bens silver cables which I think I paid 60 or 80 bucks for and still hold them as a fine bang for your buck cable. Paul assured me these would be on another level. Holly smokes guys, he wasn't kidding. The clarity, sharpness of the notes, dynamics...off the charts. Seperation of instruments and soundstage also very good. They are still a tad too sterile for me so I'm hoping with some burn in they'll warm up some. The audible difference in good metallurgey in a cable is just beyond saying that cables don't make a difference, even my wife noticed off the bat and I didn't tell her I changed anything.

First up was Dire Straights, Brothers in Arms. I like to use this band as a reference point for obvious reasons. Mark Knopfler never sounded so good, 3 dimensional. You heard every little string pick, everything in the background. My wife likes loud...very loud music, so Queen had to make the list. Don't know anyone with Queen in their library that doesn't crank the volume with this band. It's just a must do for any Queen fan. Somebody to love, was her choice followed by Under Pressure with Bowie. Ticked the volume up to -8, which is louder than you can imagine. The wife smiled at me, and after the songs were over said, " I love these speakers ". As we all know, speakers are just part of the equation but an important part none the less. Pauls cables let the music flow and the Legacy's had no problem letting it be heard. Silver is a very revealing metal in a cable design and can more times than not be a double edged sword. Good recordings can sound better, bad recordings can sound worse. For me anyway, I prefer the silver over copper. Silver lets you hear deeper into the music, has clarity and dynamics up the wazoo. Notes are crisp and sharp with no overhang. Copper tends to be a tad more musical, but also rounded at some notes, even bloated at times depending on the recordings. Of course, just my opinion as everyones ears and gear differ. Silver does warm up after break-in, which I'll have to see after a few hundred hours. If they do, then I've found my last pair of IC's. If any of you guys drive by Pauls house and see a new bass boat in the driveway, you'll know. Better go cash in that change jar on the dresser I guess. Can't give Paul enough praise, a fine gentleman, doing outstanding work and an absolute pleasure to deal with.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Want to also point out, that lower volume listening was also greatly improved. All the detail still there. It also appeared that I didn't need to turn the volume up as much as I did with other cables to reach certain spl's. A good testament to what good metallurgey does for signal transfer.

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Nice write up Tony. You can certainly see by the picture that the craftmanship is top notch. I'm glad to hear that right out of the box you heard a difference from your previous IC's & that it was a very positive one. That's always the bottom line when you switch out any cables that it will be for the better. Let them burn in for awhile & I'm sure they will produce even better results. I'm a silver guy myself but they can be tricky to say the least. Congrats & enjoy!
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "
    Panny 65" 3D Plasma
    Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A3010 AVR
    D>SONIC M2-600M mono's / mains
    Rotel RMB-1095 / 5 channel amp
    Rotel RMB-1075 / 5 channel amp
    TEAC UD - 501 DAC
    Oppo BDP-93
    SONOS System
    KEF Q900 / mains
    KEF Q600 / center
    KEF Q800 / surrounds
    KEF Q100 / rear surr.
    Def Tech ProMonitor 1000 / front & rear presence
    Velodyne SPL-1200R subs / dual pair
    DSPeaker Anti-Mode 8033 sub EQ
    Equitech Balanced Power Son of Q 1.5R
    Extensive room treatments

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Nice review Tony,I agree Paul makes some great cables.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

You can say that again. I have one of Pauls power cords and like it a lot.
    Home Theatre.............

Pioneer SC-35
    Polk RTi10's Fronts
    Polk CSiA6 Center
    RTi4 Surrounds
    SVS PB-12 Sub

2 Channel.............................

Yaqin MC-100B
    Energy RC-70 Speakers
    Arcam CD-192 Disc Player
    Van Den Hul Interconnects

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Well done DIY cables!

Love Queen. I even have the Flash soundtrack on vinyl.
    Make yourself necessary to someone. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Salk SoundScape 8's
    Krell KSL Class A Pre w/ KSL Phono
    Krell Class A KSA-250
    Harmonic Technology Pro 9+
    Squeezebox Touch / Welborne Labs PS / I2S Out Mod
    Denon 3910 w/I2S/DSD Out
    Twisted Pear Buffalo III Dual Mono ESS Sabre32 DAC
    Sennheiser HD650
    Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive
    AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm
    Dynavector 17D3