Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Hardwood floor protection

Since most here are similar in the fact that we spend a lot of time in our living rooms listening to music or movies, I have a question for those of you who have hardwood floors. What do you guys suggest or have under your chairs, couches, or sectionals to prevent damage and sliding on this type of flooring? I have a sectional myself and it doesn't sit on legs, but on bars that run along the front back and sides. What do y'all suggest? Rugs perhaps?
    AVR - Onkyo NR809
    500gb HD for MP3 and FLAC files
    Amp - Parasound 2250 - FOR SALE BTW!! PM me if interested!
    Mains - Polk RTi12 towers
    Center - CSi5
    Surround - FXiA6's
    Sub - psw505
    Movies and games - PS3
    TV - Toshiba 52" HD

Every vehicle has one good nuetral drop in it

I have a maple laminate floor in my HT room, and for the couches, chairs, etc. I use stick on beige colored slider pads on the front legs, and stick on rubber ones on the back, got both at Home Depot I believe. The rubber keeps the chair in place, but if I want to move it I just pick up slightly on the back and it moves easily on the slider pads. Both protect the floor. Probably lots of other ideas out there too...

I bit the bullet and bought an enormous (don't laugh) thick shag rug for my living room.

I have cork board floors, and although I adore both the look and feel of them, you can scratch and/or dent them by sneezing.
    Polk Fronts: RTi A7's
    Polk Center: CSi A6
    Polk Surrounds: FXi A6's
    Polk Rear Surround: RTi4
    Sub: HSU VTF-3 (MK1)
    AVR: Yamaha RX-A2010
    B&K Reference 200.7
    TV: Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Oppo BDP-103

Name:  shag.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  6.2 KB
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.

Get a nice wool rug to put under 'em. A wool area rug would probably improve the sound over bare floors. As it is now I would imagine there's slap echo in the room.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills, polyswitches removed, Lg Solen inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR binding posts, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheets (3" strips) installed on back wall behind MW's & Tweeters, interior of cabinets sealed, AI-1 interface with 1000VA transformer

I ran into the same issue. The problem with the stick-on stuff is that if the furniture gets moved around or if someone knocks it, the adhesive isn't strong enough to keep the pad on. Plus the stick-ons I have found are backed with white paper, which is visible and IMO tacky. So I found an old can of spray adhesive in the garage, and went and bought a sheet of felt fabric. Cut fabric to match surface, spray it, stick it, done. Make sure you give the adhesive plenty of time to dry. But once it's on there, it isn't coming off without considerable effort. Looks factory if it's done right.

RT-12, CS350-LS, PSW-300, Infinity Overture 1, Monoprice RC-65i
    Adcom GFA-545II, GFA-6000, Outlaw Audio 990, Netgear NeoTV
    Denon DCM-460, DMD-1000, Sony BDP-360, Bravia KDL-40Z4100/S
    Monster AVL-300, HTS-2500 MKII

I have oak hardwood, and have put isolation pads under my towers and subs, and have rubber feet on all stands.

I have put rugs in the rooms, listen with blinds down. and you notice the difference fo sho
    HT:Polk LSi c LSi 15's LSi 7's LSi FX's Dual DSW MP3K's Marantz AV7701 Sunfire TGA-7401 Oppo BDP-93 Sony PS3 Directv Genie HD DVR Sony 55" 3D LED LCD

2 C: VR3 LSIM 703's Monitor 5B's VR3 LSi 9's Audioquest Rocket 33's DSW MP 1K Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang 50Years Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's Tesla E83CC's Marantz 2385 Yamaha M80 Parasound 2100 Pre Squeezebox Touch Marantz SA8004 SACD Music Hall MMF 5.1 TT Musical Surroundings Phonomena II Phono Pre Solid Silver IC's, Pangea PC's

Member Sales Rating: (4)

I use the ones that hammer into the bottom of wood furniture.
    For my Polk RTI10's I found screw in feet that have rubber bottoms.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information