Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default I'm getting there...

I ended up spending part of the day today rearranging our office to set up my 2 channel listening area.
    Unfortunately, we are very space limited so this will have to do for now. Not ideal but it's what I have.

Anyway, I also have 3 cats to contend with so their cat trees have been re-purposed into corner bass traps
    Since I am using my Rotel RSP-1068 as my 2 channel pre/pro, I needed some kind of display to do the on-screen set up. In this case, I re-purposed my computer monitor. I will also be running an HDMI line to there for when I want to listen to my FLAC library through my PC-->my Peachtree DAC-iT.
    The DV-47a on the right will serve for my CD/SACD library. I am also debating breaking out my original highly modded xBox and putting it on the left to play some old Tony Hawk, snowboarding and demolition derby games while listening to tunes. But not sure yet.
    I don't have a standalone phono pre so the TT resides downstairs with the HT system for now.

Just waiting on the second Adcom to balance things out and then I can start hooking stuff up.

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    I may have an addiction... RTA-15TL, SDA 2, LSi25, LSi15, LSi9, LSi7, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LS/FX, RT/FX, DSW MP2000...and that's just the Polks...

Looks good to me. Love the stand. Nice work on that!
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Douglas IC's, AQ cv-8 SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

That Rotel sounds great. I have one hanging out in my closet. I was using it for 2 ch also. However I had the chance to get 2ch rotel pre-amp in the last month.

I doubt the sub will stay there. From what I have heard, the DSWMicroPros tend to sound better on a 90*.
    "Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    I may have an addiction... RTA-15TL, SDA 2, LSi25, LSi15, LSi9, LSi7, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LS/FX, RT/FX, DSW MP2000...and that's just the Polks...

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Nice stands! We got a cat too and there is no denying him two channel time!

Last edited by SCompRacer; 02-25-2013 at 12:14 AM.
    Make yourself necessary to someone. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Salk SoundScape 8's
    Krell KSL Class A Pre w/ KSL Phono
    Krell Class A KSA-250
    Harmonic Technology Pro 9+
    Squeezebox Touch / Welborne Labs PS / I2S Out Mod
    Denon 3910 w/I2S/DSD Out
    Twisted Pear Buffalo III Dual Mono ESS Sabre32 DAC
    Sennheiser HD650
    Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive
    AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm
    Dynavector 17D3
    Shunyata Hydra (Original)
    NHT B-12d subs
    GIK Acoustic Treatments

CP Showcase

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Congrats!

Great looking setup! I love the stands!
    Carl

Member Sales Rating: (4)

I always loved those Memorex commercials...

Nice rack setup!

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Sweet set up. I bet is sounds awesome. Glad to hear you're almost there.
    CD Player: Original CD-A8T
    Pre: Antique Sound Lab Passive T1-X DT
    Amp: NAD C270
    Speakers: B&W DM6
    "I would rather have a cup of tone than an ocean of power" **Dr. Harvey Rosenberg**

Looks great.... Now lets talk about your cables and interconnects ......
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Main HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse DVR | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office Rig: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Pro-ject Debut III | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse DVR | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

Quote Originally Posted by EndersShadow View Post
    Looks great.... Now lets talk about your cables and interconnects ......
    Only if I can bring Jhayman into the conversation. *duck*

SCs are going to stay as is for now. 14/2 Audioquest Flex series with quality bananas and Ogre TechFlex.
    ICs are in process. Making my own.
    PCs will also be DIY with Wattgate connectors, yet determined wire and of course more TechFlex.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Nice! I love AQ cables but hate terminating them. Got enough blisters on my fingers working on their Type 4 cables.
    CD Player: Original CD-A8T
    Pre: Antique Sound Lab Passive T1-X DT
    Amp: NAD C270
    Speakers: B&W DM6
    "I would rather have a cup of tone than an ocean of power" **Dr. Harvey Rosenberg**

Quote Originally Posted by ZLTFUL View Post
    LOL, you better duck.....

If your not in Cananda (I seem to recall your in Oklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the plain...) then I highly recommend getting in on the MIT cable demo. Its not that expensive (since you pay shipping to the next guy) and its well worth it to see how much of a difference other speaker cables can make in your system.

Just throwing it out there. I participated and although it affirmed that speaker wire can make a difference as well as interconnects. Now I didnt run out and spend 2k on a 5 channel setup of MIT, but I did invest in some good new and used cables from another company that perform above the Audioquest wire I had originally.

SCs are going to stay as is for now. 14/2 Audioquest Flex series with quality bananas and Ogre TechFlex.
    PCs will also be DIY with Wattgate connectors, yet determined wire and of course more TechFlex.
    Good speaker wires. Mantis runs his entire setup with them IIRC and I used 14/4 myself with GLS banana's on both ends for a bit. Still suggest the MIT Demo just for giggles...
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Main HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse DVR | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office Rig: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Pro-ject Debut III | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse DVR | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

Hey hey be nice, I'm actually on the hunt for a PC to try out, I've had a very pleasant conversation with DSkip about it.
    So if someone knows where I can get one a reasonable cost I am will to try it out.
    Endershadow sorry to jack your thread.

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Looks really good. Those racks turned out nice.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

I already spoke to the powers that be about the MIT demo. I am in but not until I get some more time around these 'ere parts.

Thanks F1. As a friend pointed out though, it's a shame I have to actually put stuff on them. Hehe.

Member Sales Rating: (49)

Very nice bud!!
    Hot Rodded SDA 1.2TL's, SDA 1C's, SDA CRS+'s...