Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Vintage Hi-Fi refurb of a Carver M1.0t

My M1.0t came in from Vintage Hi-Fi today. Got it hooked up to test things out on my Polk Monitor 60's for the night. If it doesnt have the problems pop up after a full night on them it goes downstairs to my Polk LSi 15's connected to Kimber Kable Hero interconnects and Kimber Kable 8VS internally bi-wired speaker cable.

We did the LED's in white (except for the top one), added an IEC plug and some new binding posts (need pics of them later)

Here is how it was packaged:

Here are some pics

Will post more later, hard to type rocking a baby lol
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Main HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse DVR | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office Rig: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Pro-ject Debut III | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse DVR | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

Looks good,Tom did my Belles before I bought it from him.He packs things pretty good,I had peanuts everywhere for a week.
    I hope you enjoy your new amp,let us know how it sounds after you have some time with it.
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfatdogs View Post
    Let us know how it sounds after you have some time with it.
    Dan
    Yup, burning it in now overnight and probably for the next couple days straight...

Main HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse DVR | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office Rig: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Pro-ject Debut III | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Sales Rating
    Gear

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I am getting mine done hopefully in june. I am going for the MkII opt2 by RichP. Going for more Powerrrr!
    HT Rig Sharp LC-52LE810|Panasonic BDP210|Pioneer Elite VSX-32|Polk Audio RTiA5 Cherry|Polk Audio CsiA6 Cherry|Polk Audio T-15|DSW Pro 600, Micro Pro4000 powered with a Crown XLS1000

2Channel Rig Polk Audio LSi9 Cherry| Carver C-1|Carver M1.0t|Dual 1257|Acer A500|Pioneer SW8-MKII X2

Quote Originally Posted by specd_out View Post
    I am getting mine done hopefully in june. I am going for the MkII opt2 by RichP. Going for more Powerrrr!
    Do you really need the extra power? I only ask as there are debates as to if the extra power may or may not cause the transformer to go sooner. Personally I dont see needing any more power than is there already, however the 8 ohms v. 4 ohms rating is pretty different.

Sales Rating
    Gear

Enjoyed the pics. Is the M 1.0 the same internally as the TFM 42? Seems like I read that somewhere.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills, polyswitches removed, Lg Solen inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR binding posts, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheets (3" strips) installed on back wall behind MW's & Tweeters, interior of cabinets sealed, AI-1 interface with 1000VA transformer

Quote Originally Posted by drumminman View Post
    Enjoyed the pics. Is the M 1.0 the same internally as the TFM 42? Seems like I read that somewhere.
    No it looks nothing like my TFM45 inside. There is another one i think it's the 4.0t if i remember right that is the same or became the TFM series.

Quote Originally Posted by drumminman View Post
    I believe the M4.0t/TFM-42/TFM-45 are the one your thinking off. Also the A-400x, TFM-25 are close cousins as well IIRC

Sales Rating
    Gear

Member Sales Rating: (16)

The M1.0t is not universally loved. But - I used to have one - serial number 00098. I had Rich P do the upgrade mod - and the refresh really put new life into the amp - the power reserve is awesome, and I personally liked its sonic performance.

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Tracy View Post
    The M1.0t is not universally loved. But - I used to have one - serial number 00098. I had Rich P do the upgrade mod - and the refresh really put new life into the amp - the power reserve is awesome, and I personally liked its sonic performance.
    Thats fine with me , althought if you've look at price recently for these babies they are bringing a pretty penny, even if broken (one with a bad channel just sold for like 225 + shipping).

I just need me a new faceplate and then 2 M200t's (or even the M400t's the ugly ducking of the Carvers) for my center and surrounds (so the aesthetics all match)

Sales Rating
    Gear

I miss my TFM-42 some days... While it's probably my speakers, I'm just not digging the B&K/Adcom combo I have...

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Tracy View Post
    I a running lsi9s off of it and they tend to like power. I am also looking forward to the cleaner power
    HT Rig Sharp LC-52LE810|Panasonic BDP210|Pioneer Elite VSX-32|Polk Audio RTiA5 Cherry|Polk Audio CsiA6 Cherry|Polk Audio T-15|DSW Pro 600, Micro Pro4000 powered with a Crown XLS1000

2Channel Rig Polk Audio LSi9 Cherry| Carver C-1|Carver M1.0t|Dual 1257|Acer A500|Pioneer SW8-MKII X2

Thread Information