Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by teekay0007 View Post
    Dude! You can't really do that, can you? If you can, and you don't have a booking manager, let's talk!! Oh, man, I can have you booked up through 2015 by Monday - starting with my nephew's birthday party on the 11th of this month! Now...and I'm just talkin' about if it's just vocals. If you can master instruments...nuances, or no nuances...Oh My God! Then, the sky's the limit!
    Yeah but, no matter how much he practices, its still gonna sound sh***y.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

He's here all week folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jhayman View Post
    Song Please..
    Oh and while were at I think it's you guys and your golden ears that need to work for CERN..
    Dont feed the 20,000 post troll. He isnt capable of passing by a Emotive post.

Another useful post, from the .02 cent fan club, lol
    FYI look again at who it is that can't leave EMO threads alone..
    Quote Originally Posted by cowtrimmer View Post
    Dont feed the 20,000 post troll. He isnt capable of passing by a Emotive post.

Just had to add your 0.02 cents in eh..
    Even though I have my music selection selected for me already by Ztful..
    Why do you care so much..
    I just don't like people who post only to stir the pot.
    This thread would not have moved again if it were not for F1nut's trolling post..
    Him being such a valued member should know better.
    The only thing trolling here is your post count. Don't be ignorant. There are some wonderful and very knowledgeable people here. If you refuse to step outside the box and try things then you must be stubborn in person too. How else do you form your opinions?

Member Sales Rating: (16)

I agree with F1
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by heiney9 View Post
    I agree with F1
    About which part... the drinking of the Kool-Aid?

Screw you guys... I'm gonna go watch Schindler's List now. Heh...
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen

You must have bought some expensive Kool-Aid as well being all pent up living in the snow capital of our Beautiful Country..
    I could care less who's on this forum or what they have done, is that supposed to mean something to me.
    All I see is someone who is a so called respected member of this forum posting trolling remarks for no other reason than to stir the pot..

Quote Originally Posted by Drenis View Post
    The only thing trolling here is your post count. Don't be ignorant. There are some wonderful and very knowledgeable people here. If you refuse to step outside the box and try things then you must be stubborn in person too. How else do you form your opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by kuntasensei View Post
    F1nut started the degeneration of this thread with his Jim Jones comparison.
    Oh, big freakin deal! Ya know, F1 and I had words some time ago and if I'm being honest, I can accept the blame for that. But this forum helped me grow up a little the more I got into it and, although F1 comes off arrogant at times, I'm grateful he's been PMing me with help choosing an amp. Even if I disagree with some of his opinions I still really appreciate the effort. So I take such little barbs with a grain of salt now. I was lucky enough to learn to bend a little and how to take the cotton out of my ears and put it in my mouth and listen. A little humility has helped me a great deal here.
    TV: 70" LED Sharp Aquos Quattron 3D
    Fronts: Martin Logan Electromotions --- Center: Martin Logan Motion 8
    Front Heights: Polk RC65i --- Rears: Polk RC85i --- Sub: Power Sound Audio XS15
    Onkyo TX-NR818 --- Emotiva XPA-3 --- Oppo BDP-103 -- 2 Channel: Mapletree Line 2A tube preamp modified

The UPA-200 for $349 is an absolute steal. I prefer this piece to the more expensive XPA-2. A 125/200 power amp with some finesse at that price, new, is quite an accomplishment. I'm amazed. I'm also really impressed with the LSi7s, particularly for $299 new. I like the 7s better than the 9s in my room. Amp and speakers playing very well with one another. There are good deals out there even when buying new.

Two Channel Setup:

Speakers: Wharfedale Opus 2-3
    Integrated Amp: Jolida JD1502
    DAC: Arcam irDac
    Source: iMac
    Remote Control: iPad Mini

3.2 Home Theater Setup:

Fronts: Polk LSiM 703s
    Center: Polk LSiM 703
    Subs: SVS PB 12 NSD X 2
    AVR: Yamaha Aventage RX-A2030
    Blu Ray: Sony BDP-S790
    TV Source: DirecTV Genie

Member Sales Rating: (13)

I just don't like people who post only to stir the pot.
    You must really hate yourself in that case.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Quote Originally Posted by Loud & Clear View Post
    So he's multifaceted.
    Well, I am bad and nationwide, so yeah......

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Bored tonight Jess ?

He's back King of the one line troll posts..
    See these threads are entertaining just look at all the members viewing the thread just waiting to see what's said next, lol

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    You must really hate yourself in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
    Bored tonight Jess ?
    Just a bit, probably more spent than anything.
    Last edited by F1nut; 03-07-2013 at 11:24 PM.

pepster

He's back King of the one line troll posts..
    See these threads are entertaining just look at all the members viewing the thread just waiting to see what's said next, lol
    Ummmm......Jesse can take care of himself.
    I think you might find something better to post about if you look around.
    Last edited by pepster; 03-07-2013 at 11:34 PM.

This threads giving me ........ BPTSD Binding post traumatic stress disorder

Quote Originally Posted by polkfarmboy View Post
    LOL...at least you have a sense of humor over it.

I'll try and find a towel for all the other cry babies...

pepster

They have pills for that now!

Member Sales Rating: (3)

LOL! Too funny PFB! Please don't tell us it was an Emotiva amp that you jacked up the binding posts on.
    Last edited by Polkie2009; 03-07-2013 at 11:55 PM.

Just thinking back over the years at all the flavor of the month amps that have rolled thru Club Polk and I'm reminded that this too shall pass, which also reminds me that in this hobby there are no gaint killers.

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    Just thinking back over the years at all the flavor of the month amps that have rolled thru Club Polk and I'm reminded that this too shall pass, which also reminds me that in this hobby there are no gaint killers.
    Flavor of the month? Sure seems like people have been riding this train for quite some time now, with spats like this popping up almost every time. I mean, I've seen amp companies pop up and get evangelized for a while (Outlaw comes to mind), but in my time here, I have never seen a brand (other than Bose) catch so much unsolicited flak. You can't mention the name here without it turning into... well, THIS THREAD. And it's bad to the extent that I've seen people on other forums actually mention that you shouldn't bother talking about Emotiva at Club Polk.

I don't mind it if you have some sort of brand-based disdain or whatever against Emotiva. That's your bag. But knowing how this sort of thing has always turned out on this forum, why keep poking the bear? Hell, when I started this thread, I was honestly thinking maybe I shouldn't bother... because of crap like this. And it isn't like I'm new to the forum - I've been here as long as you. It also isn't like I was standing on the mountain proclaiming Emo as the second coming, though I'm still pretty damn impressed in comparison to the Adcom and Parasounds (when all their channels worked). But when it gets to the point that a long-time forum user such as me doesn't even want to post about a piece of equipment here because of the inevitable firestorm that happens EVERY SINGLE TIME, I think it's time to reevaluate things. Giving people crap over them liking a piece of equipment or a particular brand of amplifier just doesn't help anyone.

But ultimately, whatever... While you guys were still prattling on here, I watched the Blu-ray of Schindler's List, and the score sounded absolutely fantastic. And I wasn't drinking Kool-Aid... It was Hawaiian Punch.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp

Maybe if you guys would quit being so defensive, and stop taking every tease as a personal insult, then you wouldn't get teased as much. It's nice to like your gear. That's why we buy it, but, in the end, you get what you pay for. Nothing more, and nothing less.

You must have bought some expensive Kool-Aid as well being all pent up living in the snow capital of our Beautiful Country..
    I could care less who's on this forum or what they have done, is that supposed to mean something to me.
    All I see is someone who is a so called respected member of this forum posting trolling remarks for no other reason than to stir the pot..
    i think he stockpiled the kool-aid and survived on it while he was snowed in
    HT/2channel:
    AVR: Yamaha RX-V 765
    Fronts: Polk RTiA3
    sub: Polk PSW110(will add 2x PSW 505)
    Center: CS13
    surrounds:Polk RTi4
    TV: samsung 40
    The real 2 Channel(work in progress):
    Pre:HK 3490
    Amp:Parasound 1200 MK II
    Sub:RBH 1010-SEP
    Speakers: Monitor 5 Jr. +
    most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)

pepster

Schindler's List
    Excellent movie!
    Last edited by pepster; 03-08-2013 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    Maybe if you guys would quit being so defensive, and stop taking every tease as a personal insult, then you wouldn't get teased as much. It's nice to like your gear. That's why we buy it, but, in the end, you get what you pay for. Nothing more, and nothing less.
    People should be respectful of other people's gear. Period. Only A-holes would do otherwise. Yes, you do get what you pay for, for better or for worse.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

ME!!!!!
    (I thought I would get at least one (important) word in here)
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

Member Sales Rating: (16)

I've said it before, I'll state it again. Emo is really good entry level HT gear. Beyond that, one can do better (If they choose to) without trying too hard for 2 channel rig. I am just as entitled to my opinion as those who have their Emo shrines.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

See, it's stuff like "Emo shrines" that I'm talking about. I'm not placing the brand on a pedestal. Neither was anyone else in this thread. Nor am I saying that you can't do better for a 2-channel rig... 'cause hell, I'm using RTi70s - not exactly well-liked, even in Polk's lineage of speakers, so it isn't like I'm rockin' a high-end system. I'm also not being defensive, as if I take personal offense to people downing Emotiva. I just don't understand the disrespect people exhibit for this one particular brand, or the outright smack-talk that results every single time they're mentioned here. Maybe it's just me, but if you don't like a brand and people are having a discussion about it, why do people feel it necessary to thread-crap every time, as if it threatens them somehow? It's just odd to me. After my experience, I don't really care for Adcom amps... but I'm not going to tell people who use them that they're "drinking the Kool-Aid" or go into Adcom threads and be a smartass to anyone. That's childish.

Not that any of this matters, ultimately... 'cause I'm pretty happy with the sound of the XPA-3 with my speakers. More so than I have been with the GFA-5503 or the HCA-2003 in my particular setup. That's what matters to me - not the name on the front of it or the bizarre hatred for the brand as if they're some kind of cult. I'd just like people to be a little more respectful and keep the back-handed elitism out of the discussion. We're all here because we love audio... There is no sense in all this derision.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Quote Originally Posted by kuntasensei View Post
    See, it's stuff like "Emo shrines" that I'm talking about. I'm not placing the brand on a pedestal. Neither was anyone else in this thread. Nor am I saying that you can't do better for a 2-channel rig... 'cause hell, I'm using RTi70s - not exactly well-liked, even in Polk's lineage of speakers, so it isn't like I'm rockin' a high-end system. I'm also not being defensive, as if I take personal offense to people downing Emotiva. I just don't understand the disrespect people exhibit for this one particular brand, or the outright smack-talk that results every single time they're mentioned here. Maybe it's just me, but if you don't like a brand and people are having a discussion about it, why do people feel it necessary to thread-crap every time, as if it threatens them somehow? It's just odd to me. After my experience, I don't really care for Adcom amps... but I'm not going to tell people who use them that they're "drinking the Kool-Aid" or go into Adcom threads and be a smartass to anyone. That's childish.

Not that any of this matters, ultimately... 'cause I'm pretty happy with the sound of the XPA-3 with my speakers. More so than I have been with the GFA-5503 or the HCA-2003 in my particular setup. That's what matters to me - not the name on the front of it or the bizarre hatred for the brand as if they're some kind of cult. I'd just like people to be a little more respectful and keep the back-handed elitism out of the discussion. We're all here because we love audio... There is no sense in all this derision.
    Enjoy the music brother. Your ears are all that matters. That dared that he sing so much praise about was the biggest piece of crap I ever had in my home. I don't come on here and bash it when someone praises it. I just went out and bought a real tube pre, well make that 2 real tube pres. The stuff he calls junk is made in the same place his beloved dared is. I guess thats the pot calling the kettle black. Ignore it, and enjoy it. We both know that emo is not be all end all. What I find crazy is the people that did own them here did not have the 2 channel verison or the monos but they were doing critical listening but then they upgraded to a more expensive 2 channel amp and now everything is great. There are some good multi-channel amps out there but most can't compete with a 2 channel or mono amp for critical listening. Even emo snobs will say that the monos and 2 channel amps are a step above all of the multi channel amps.

Glad you did what I did and listened for yourself. I guess our ears are terrible. I have talked with people that are running 20-25k dynaudio, revel, and other high priced towers on the xpr1's. One guy has owned pass, octave, and has a properly treated room. He was on the fence like me until he got them in home. Needless to say, they stayed.

Thread Information