Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11

Member Sales Rating: (0)

The smell of that bait is so strong............ Must resist..........
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Douglas IC's, AQ cv-8 SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Whoo whoo I'm drunk posting and don't give a crap tonight.
    I'm sitting I'm my favorite chair listening to my gear getting all the information my brain can handle tonight and no one can piss me off.
    I love the sound of my stereo
    Nana nana na

pepster

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    My honest opinion, you should go back to not posting because you obviously don't know the score.
    Guess I was drunker than I thought!
    That said, I am not near as think as you drunk I am!

I just got home and started on my Friday night beers. However, even drunk I will remain civil as always.

Its to bad that in most cases in life that people who are forthcoming and exhibit brutal honesty are the ones least likely to accept it back.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    The smell of that bait is so strong............ Must resist..........

That was a fart my good man.

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Quote Originally Posted by ALL212 View Post
    Educate me oh, great and wise one. What is the score?

Being rude? Acting like a six year old who didn't get a hug from mommy before he went to school?

What exactly is this score?
    I already posted the score. Go back a page or two, I'm sure you'll find it.

There's a reason I have so few posts in the amount of time I've been here. And this thread represents the classic reason why..
    That's a piss-poor excuse for your lack of participation.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Quote Originally Posted by ALL212 View Post
    That's the spirit!! Who else wants to either post crap or just up their post count?

Original OP - my sincere appology for this but after F1nut crapped on your thread and then the followers-on got involved it's a wasted thread anyway. I'm not sure why this place can't be cleaned up or why you can't post an honest opinion without someone turding up the place.

There's a reason I have so few posts in the amount of time I've been here. And this thread represents the classic reason why..
    Get your posts in now before this thread gets closed. Then we can start another Emo thread... FOR JESSE TO POOP ON!
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Bunch of Kool-Aid drinkers.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (12)

I'm tickled that you think I'm that influential. Here all this time I thought I was only bad and nationwide.
    I think you have been around long enough to have gone intergalactic by now

Fruit punch Please or orange

Fruit punch Please or orange

Quote Originally Posted by Tankman View Post
    Some people who own EMO gear do go overboard,I own EMO cause well I didn't want used.It is entry level.
    Serious question:

What makes it "entry" level?? The price?? Because its made in China?? Does it use inferior parts compared to more expensive amps????

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Quote Originally Posted by moodyman View Post
    Serious question:

What makes it "entry" level?? The price?? Because its made in China?? Does it use inferior parts compared to more expensive amps????
    Around here pretty much because the audio gods deem it so. No rhymn or reason & how dare you question them!!! Shame on you for even asking. Truth be told they don't have a clue just an empty opinion. No different than other manuf such as McIntosh, Krell, PASS, BAT, Musical Fidelity etc., etc. No maunf., no matter how much their amps costs are immune to being bashed. It's the nature of the hobby...snobbery to the highest degree.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "
    Panny 65" 3D Plasma
    Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A3010 AVR
    D>SONIC M2-600M mono's / mains
    Rotel RMB-1095 / 5 channel amp
    Rotel RMB-1075 / 5 channel amp
    TEAC UD - 501 DAC
    Oppo BDP-93
    SONOS System
    KEF Q900 / mains
    KEF Q600 / center
    KEF Q800 / surrounds
    KEF Q100 / rear surr.
    Def Tech ProMonitor 1000 / front & rear presence
    Velodyne SPL-1200R subs / dual pair
    DSPeaker Anti-Mode 8033 sub EQ
    Equitech Balanced Power Son of Q 1.5R
    Extensive room treatments

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Quote Originally Posted by pearsall001 View Post
    Around here pretty much because the audio gods deem it so. No rhymn or reason & how dare you question them!!! Shame on you for even asking. Truth be told they don't have a clue just an empty opinion. No different than other manuf such as McIntosh, Krell, PASS, BAT, Musical Fidelity etc., etc. No maunf., no matter how much their amps costs are immune to being bashed. It's the nature of the hobby...snobbery to the highest degree.
    Right Phil , it has nothing to do with how it sounds or performs or the design or the parts, etc. Just snobbery to the highest degree I will never apologize for liking gear that sounds better and is designed better. If in your mind that's snobbery, then you are certainly entitled to your perspective.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

And if it simply sounds good to you - no matter the build, name or sound...

I guess that doesn't matter here.
    Aaron

Serious question:

Yes and No.Like I said EMO is a good value.Just about everything is made overseas now the Vincent amp I am looking too upgrade too is German Engineered but made in China, is it the best surely not.

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Quote Originally Posted by heiney9 View Post
    Right Phil , it has nothing to do with how it sounds or performs or the design or the parts, etc. Just snobbery to the highest degree I will never apologize for liking gear that sounds better and is designed better. If in your mind that's snobbery, then you are certainly entitled to your perspective.

H9
    Brock, I do understand that one will like the way one amp sounds as compared to another. That's pretty much a given. But I think you never answered the question as to what deems Emo as "Entry" level. Now we all know you like Nelson's work ...now what if someone likes the sound & performance of an Emo amp over a PASS amp. A very valid question. Now does that make the PASS amp merely "Entry" level because the Emo was preferred over the PASS? You can talk all day along about the difference in design, parts quality, eye candy but the only thing that matters is how does it sound to the individual listener. And if one does like a $2000 amp over a $12000 amp...oh well. I'm sure he'll be asked to hand in his audiophile card if that's the case he'll be confronted with all sorts of bashing because his ears simply weren't up to snuff.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "
    Panny 65" 3D Plasma
    Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A3010 AVR
    D>SONIC M2-600M mono's / mains
    Rotel RMB-1095 / 5 channel amp
    Rotel RMB-1075 / 5 channel amp
    TEAC UD - 501 DAC
    Oppo BDP-93
    SONOS System
    KEF Q900 / mains
    KEF Q600 / center
    KEF Q800 / surrounds
    KEF Q100 / rear surr.
    Def Tech ProMonitor 1000 / front & rear presence
    Velodyne SPL-1200R subs / dual pair
    DSPeaker Anti-Mode 8033 sub EQ
    Equitech Balanced Power Son of Q 1.5R
    Extensive room treatments

Serious question:

Serious question:

Why do all the Emo lovers get offended when they're called entry level?

People have said that about Polk for a long time. Polk generally doesn't jump into the high dollar speaker market. They finally released a competitive speaker line in that price range, but even then, I still chose to go with Usher. Emotiva, like Polk, offers what seems to be a solid product at a very solid price. It's probably impossible to beat at its MSRP. Just like Polk though, Emotiva isn't a big game hunter just yet. It looks like they're trying to reach up that ladder though, so we will see.

While Jesse may have thrown his opinion out there, its the Emo loves who fight tooth and nail against any negative comment to their beloved. My opinion is its great to have some negative comments out there. No product is perfect and those who don't like it should be able to express why. While I wouldn't be opposed to hearing an Emotiva amp, I'll never buy one sight-unseen because of the common complaints about their house sound. That type of sound would provide no synergy w/ the Ushers.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Douglas IC's, AQ cv-8 SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    Serious question:

Why do all the Emo lovers get offended when they're called entry level?

People have said that about Polk for a long time. Polk generally doesn't jump into the high dollar speaker market. They finally released a competitive speaker line in that price range, but even then, I still chose to go with Usher. Emotiva, like Polk, offers what seems to be a solid product at a very solid price. It's probably impossible to beat at its MSRP. Just like Polk though, Emotiva isn't a big game hunter just yet. It looks like they're trying to reach up that ladder though, so we will see.

While Jesse may have thrown his opinion out there, its the Emo loves who fight tooth and nail against any negative comment to their beloved. My opinion is its great to have some negative comments out there. No product is perfect and those who don't like it should be able to express why. While I wouldn't be opposed to hearing an Emotiva amp, I'll never buy one sight-unseen because of the common complaints about their house sound. That type of sound would provide no synergy w/ the Ushers.

My theory is it has to do with the subjective nature of this hobby. Every statement is qualified with "in my room", so there is no way to really refute another person's observations. What's happening is people are looking for tangible reasons why one product is better than another and absent our own individual experimentation, there is no way of knowing. The Emotive or some other Amp might very well be a great match for a particular speaker network. No matter how much Amp dollars throw at a particular setup might not make a difference. Part of it has to do with our own bias of how music should be presented. For example, I'm going to always believe that the best speakers will have multiple drivers that cover the audio frequency range. Take your Ushers, they could be the greatest thing since slice bread, but I see a two-way design. In my mind, there is no way that speaker covers the entire spectrum, so I would not consider it.

Similarly, people look at Emotive or some other Amps lack of heft the same way I view your Ushers. Our own individual bias plays a part in this hobby as well.

It's all in the wording. If I continuously replied to threads discussing someone's newest polk rt speaker, by telling them they were sipping the kool-aid, I'd rightly be accused of being an a-hole. Correct? Maybe I'll try it. If I do, will you defend me against those overly sensitive people who fight me tooth and nail over their beloved? Or does your chivalry only extend to F1? Is he your beloved? Will someone not defend my honor? Is there no white knight here to enable me when I troll? Alas.

Quote Originally Posted by Loud & Clear View Post
    It's all in the wording. If I continuously replied to threads discussing someone's newest polk rt speaker, by telling them they were sipping the kool-aid, I'd rightly be accused of being an a-hole. Correct? Maybe I'll try it. If I do, will you defend me against those overly sensitive people who fight me tooth and nail over their beloved? Or does your chivalry only extend to F1? Is he your beloved? Will someone not defend my honor? Is there no white knight here to enable me when I troll? Alas.
    Come hither my dearest Loud & Clear. Nestle yourself on to the safety of my bosom.

D_M, you rule out many a fine speaker with that mindset, but I won't try to convince you of it. That mindset wouldn't prevent you from demoing something like the 6381 though. It's a bias against a design and not so much a brand. I for one feel that, especially in my price range, nothing can compete with the sound of tubes. Same concept, different application, and the same argument COULD be made about my bias. I for one simply haven't heard a pure SS system yet that competes with a good tuber in my price bracket. I have TRIED it though, just to no avail.

LC, F1 doesn't need anyone to defend him. I merely stated a different perspective. No different than what you're doing, no?

Bless you, D_M. It'll be nice to have a man around the house.

No, Skip, the two are not analogous to one another.

Quote Originally Posted by pearsall001 View Post
    Now we all know you like Nelson's work ...now what if someone likes the sound & performance of an Emo amp over a PASS amp. A very valid question.
    Honestly, I re-ran Audyssey today (because my initial run was interrupted by someone opening a door during the subwoofer sweep on one of my last three positions) and the sound I have now is honestly more pleasing to me than the Parasound was (and embarrasses the Adcom with my speakers). This morning's run wasn't interrupted by any noise, so it was about as good as I'm going to get with the XPA-3, I think. Bass guitar is now tighter than it was with the Parasound, so I definitely see me keeping the Emo even after the HCA-2003 gets fixed (if it ever does).

Feel free to come take my audiophile card. In fact, send Jesse to come get it... I understand he's nationwide.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen

Quote Originally Posted by D_M View Post
    For example, I'm going to always believe that the best speakers will have multiple drivers that cover the audio frequency range. Take your Ushers, they could be the greatest thing since slice bread, but I see a two-way design. In my mind, there is no way that speaker covers the entire spectrum, so I would not consider it.
    Well clear your mind my friend, I own 2 pairs of 2-way speakers that produce a wide spectrum that include Dynaudio C1 II sig and the Usher's in my signature. The both speakers repoduce excellent highs and mids but pending on the room size most times determines the bass frequency response. I have not done a side by comparison yet but, the Dyn's are a superb in the quick low response, may not be the deepest but quick and very accurate. The bass responses make a better impression beyond hitting the lowest note.
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables
    Office rig: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures

I need another glass if Kool-aid, someone get me a XDA-2.

Thread Information