Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Horse caw caw, just elitist snobs being them selves..
    On wanted to be the one who said WoW they really have something here.
    20 secs, your mind was already made up, lol

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Quote Originally Posted by Jhayman View Post
    Is there a thread on here about Adcom with bashing going on?
    Or your Dared with bashing?
    Show me any other thread with bashing like this one..
    Can't find any? Why?
    So, if someone has anything negative to say about a product it's bashing!?! Too funny.

There's plenty of negative comments about Adcom amps around here. I saw a negative comment about Dared the other day. I'd say there's most likely a negative comment about every piece of gear in these pages. I don't recall other folks calling it bashing tho.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Horse caw caw, just elitist snobs being them selves..
    On wanted to be the one who said WoW they really have something here.
    20 secs, your mind was already made up, lol
    The way the brain processes information I'd say 20 seconds was plenty long enough. I walked into a Legacy room at a show last year, was making my way to a seat, but stopped short, turned around and walked out because it sounded horrible. One of the worst I'd heard in a while. It may have taken 20 seconds total by the time I got back to the door. If that makes me an elitist snob, then I'm happy to be one.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (4)

There are certainly 20 second judgements passed every day on all things audio.
    About 10 seconds with a pair of beats was enough for me.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson

Sure but every time EMO is brought up this happens, not just a comment here or there but a full on bashing..

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    So, if someone has anything negative to say about a product it's bashing!?! Too funny.

There's plenty of negative comments about Adcom amps around here. I saw a negative comment about Dared the other day. I'd say there's most likely a negative comment about every piece of gear in these pages. I don't recall other folks calling it bashing tho.

So if you hooked a set of Mit's you would not give them a chance?
    I guess you don't do any reviews.
    The way the brain processes information I'd say 20 seconds was plenty long enough. I walked into a Legacy room at a show last year, was making my way to a seat, but stopped short, turned around and walked out because it sounded horrible. One of the worst I'd heard in a while. It may have taken 20 seconds total by the time I got back to the door. If that makes me an elitist snob, then I'm happy to be one.

C'mon give it up, if you like your Emo gear, that's great. If you don't like it, that's great too. Everybody enjoy what they like or have, stick around, lot's of good info on this forum. Please everyone, take a deep breath.
    Home Theater
    Onkyo PR-SC5508 Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Emotiva XPA-5 Emotiva XPA-2 Emotiva UPA-2
    Front RTi-A9 Wide RTi-A7 Center CSi-A6 Surround FXi-A6 Rear RTi-A3 Sub 2x PSW505
    Sony BDP-S790 Dishnetwork Hopper/Joey Logitech Harmony One Apple TV
    Two Channel
    Oppo 105D BAT VK-500 w/BatPack SDA SRS 2.3 Dreadnought Squeezebox Touch Apple TV

Damn not again..
    No responses for almost 12hrs, lol
    Tubes may rule but once all the old timers relinquish their audio torches Tubes will be Gone Forever.
    Me thinks the old timers feel threatened by Emo, which fuels all their hatred..
    I say Grey hair go in Peace and leave Emo alone..
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
    Has to be one of the most assinine things I've heard in a long time.
    He is just trolling. Notice how there has been no "bashing" of Emotiva in this thread, but the mentally weak continue to cry that there is. Isn't it some form of mental illness when one sees things that are not there?

Anyway, it's good to have the occasional troll, since they are amusing.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

EMO is the YUGO of HiFi.
    Couldn't resist.

Allow me to butt in here and change the topic...again...

I'm the guy the OP purchased the amp from and having been screwed by people who did a deplorable job packing a delicate 75lb peice of metal I was sure to properly protect the amp. Packing consisted of placing the amp in a garbage bag, surrounding it with a layer of 2" thick foam insulation board from Home Depot and placing it in a heavy duty Home Depot moving box. I too pictures of the packing process and even made movies of the speakers playing clearly before I packaged it up, just in case UPS were idiots.

Pics:
    http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...=1#post1823843

While the amp was prevented from shifting around inside the box I wonder if the foam was too firm, not able to absorb impacts and vibrations good enough, thus transmitting it into the chassis, so UPS could have dropped it fairly hard without damaging the box, but all the impact went right into the amp.

I empathize with the OP, I've recieved two bad amps myself, the first a HCA-1206 with two bad channels, far worse than what Jeremy is describing, the second had fist sized holes in the box from the amp shifting around...because they only used packing peanuts!!!!

That said I'm glad you've found some audio peace! I know that heart sinking feeling when something in your rig doesn't work. Absolutely terrible. Enjoy that puppy, and do let us know if you're able to fix the Parasound. I'd love to know what got broken!
    Down
    RTiA9 - CSiA6 - FXiA6 - Dual HSU VTF-15H
    Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
    Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500

Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

RT5000p Waiting in the Wings...

Really, you would say otherwise?
    I sure would.

I'd be interested in seeing you provide some factual information that supports your claims or... opinions

Don't have any? Why?

Some things you just know..considering tubes are older anyway..
    Therefore the logical conclusion would be old audiophile's know tubes vs younger people getting into audio probably have never even heard of tubes and if they do know of tubes would presume that it is a much older way for music..
    Think about classic cars from the 40's and 50's it's an older mans hobby..

Member Sales Rating: (24)

Therefore the logical conclusion would be old audiophile's know tubes vs younger people getting into audio probably have never even heard of tubes and if they do know of tubes would presume that it is a much older way for music..
    Nope
    2 Channel-
    Soundlab M3PX
    BAT VK-31
    Wyred SX1000 monos
    Esoteric DV50
    Dynavector p75 modded phono stage
    Rega P25 modded-Denon 103R Cart
    Squeezebox Touch
    Modded Music Hall DAC Burson op amps
    Richard Grey 600S
    MIT Shotgun IC's and SC

Not even close!

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Like how Vinyl has disappeared?

If tubes were old you would only find them in vintage gear, and would not be able to hardly find tubes at all.
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables
    Office rig: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures

Vinyl is making a big comeback now, just do a quick Google search about vinyl I did..
    I love vinyl I listen to it everyday since I got back into it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by brgman View Post
    Like how Vinyl has disappeared?

Never said you can't find them anymore, but they did get there start many many years ago..
    Then SS took over for obvious reasons, I'm not saying its only older people that are into, just more than 50%

Quote Originally Posted by txcoastal1 View Post
    If tubes were old you would only find them in vintage gear, and would not be able to hardly find tubes at all.

Vinyl is making a big comeback now, just do a quick Google search about vinyl I did..
    I love vinyl I listen to it everyday since I got back into it again.
    Funny post.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Member Sales Rating: (2)

"obvious reasons", eh? ;-)
    all the best,
    mrh

Guess I have to spell it out for you..
    Economical and manufacturing and the advancements of the SS industry
    Quote Originally Posted by mhardy6647 View Post
    "obvious reasons", eh? ;-)

Come on, are you really going to tell me vinyl did not have a HUGE decline when compact disk was introduced?

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    Funny post.

Come on, are you really going to tell me vinyl did not have a HUGE decline when compact disk was introduced?
    No, it was the fact that his sarcasm went over your head.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

LOL.....big eh? IIRC, it's less than 1% of the market share according to the RIAA.

Sorry..

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    No, it was the fact that his sarcasm went over your head.

Ok whatever you say, what I read was a steady increase in vinyl sales from 2006 to 2012 with the biggest jump in 2012
    Watching my local news stations I have seen them actually say that Vinyl is makeing a comeback and to NOT throw out your records keep them..

LOL.....big eh? IIRC, it's less than 1% of the market share according to the RIAA.

If you want to make that type of comparisons then the phrases "solid state" and "compact disk" would be old too...since digital downloads and ear buds are the new tech
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables
    Office rig: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures

Member Sales Rating: (7)

I like funnel cakes and puppy kisses!

Pick a budget and your speakers, and go with whatever works with your budget and
    sounds best. If in your case if it was EMO, then great. If your budget is bigger and it's not
    Emo, also great. I have a pretty decent SS amp, and a good tube amp. If I need lots of
    clean power, SS it is. The Hales liked power. The Proacs I'm currently running sound best
    with the ARC. Tubes in that set up win. I wasn't happy to hear of troubles with used amps.
    been there, done that. Here in DFW In have a great selection of used, new, and local dealer trade ins.
    And not having to ship amps makes me happy. The only thing worse is shipping speakers. I get to see UPS
    and Fedex drop stuff here all the time, and just last week I saw UPS slide a server off the trunk,
    and smack down flat on the street. It was ok, but it gives a pretty good picture of why stuff doesn't
    survive shipping.
    Last edited by sucks2beme; 03-09-2013 at 09:32 PM.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson

Could it be that the motive (or Emotivas) of Emo lovers is to portray non-Emo lovers as "bashing" their brand and have high hopes of getting these "Emo bashers" really really worked up to a frenzy to say something to get the "Emo bashers" banned? Could that be one of the motives (Emotivas)? Ok, maybe I'm reaching here............
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

Thread Information