Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Thumbs up Off to see Lindsey Stirling tonight!

Looking forward to the show tonight! Hope House Of Blues as a nice sound system, I would assume they do but I haven't been to the one here in Houston before.
    ---
    Polk Studio Monitor 4.6 Series 2's, Polk RT1000p's, Polk LSi25's, Boston Acoustic VR-975's
    Crown D-75, Crown CE1000, Crown CE2000

Nice! Been loving her CD
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Main HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse DVR | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office Rig: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Pro-ject Debut III | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse DVR | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

Member Sales Rating: (20)

Yeah I like her stuff as well, hard to imagine that kind of music in a concert setting though, let us know how it goes.
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Check out the Piano Guys too, she has played with them before. Great music!
    Home Theater
    Onkyo PR-SC5508 Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Emotiva XPA-5 Emotiva XPA-2 Emotiva UPA-2
    Front RTi-A9 Wide RTi-A7 Center CSi-A6 Surround FXi-A6 Rear RTi-A3 Sub 2x PSW505
    Sony BDP-S790 Dishnetwork Hopper/Joey Logitech Harmony One Apple TV
    Two Channel
    Oppo 105D BAT VK-500 w/BatPack SDA SRS 2.3 Dreadnought Squeezebox Touch Apple TV

I've a co-worker here in Dallas who has an extra ticket to the show. I have no idea who this musician is, but it's funny timing that he just mentioned her to me yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by John Megadeth View Post
    I've a co-worker here in Dallas who has an extra ticket to the show. I have no idea who this musician is, but it's funny timing that he just mentioned her to me yesterday.
    She plays violin over some hip hop type music. She has a bunch of stuff on youtube, so check her our .

Placed 2nd IIRC on one of those reality talent shows.....

Main HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse DVR | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office Rig: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Pro-ject Debut III | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Sales Rating
    Gear

I was a great concert! We had a really good time. I must say that HOBs sound system was very nice, could have used more low end but the clarity was very good. Lindsey is so cute and bubbly and it is nice to see her always smiling and dancing. She did this one Micheal Jackson medley of Beat It, Smooth Criminal, and a few others that was really cool. Also a couple of songs I've never heard which was nice.

It is well worth it seeing her live, it was a really good show.
    ---
    Polk Studio Monitor 4.6 Series 2's, Polk RT1000p's, Polk LSi25's, Boston Acoustic VR-975's

Oh...she use to referee to her self as a Hip Hop violinist when she was on America's Got Talent but there is nothing Hip Hop about her shows now. Her current music is a mix of underground club to heavenly dub-step influenced songs with beautiful violin music.

I personally just don't like Hip Hop at all, that title no longer fits her.
    ---

Highly debating picking up tickets for the wife and I. March 12th in Indianapolis..... 70 bucks.....

$hi7 went ahead and picked em up. The wife and I could use a night off baby duty. Might take the day after off just for giggles.
    Last edited by EndersShadow; 02-28-2013 at 07:44 PM.

Sales Rating
    Gear

Quote Originally Posted by EndersShadow View Post
    Highly debating picking up tickets for the wife and I. March 12th in Indianapolis..... 70 bucks.....

$hi7 went ahead and picked em up. The wife and I could use a night off baby duty. Might take the day after off just for giggles.
    I hope it ends up better than our first night off after the kiddo came. We went to my wife's boss's wedding and they had an open bar. 2 hours after the ceremony, I was passed out under a table they put over me so nobody would step on me. I think I had fun. I think....
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Douglas IC's, AQ cv-8 SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    I hope it ends up better than our first night off after the kiddo came. We went to my wife's boss's wedding and they had an open bar. 2 hours after the ceremony, I was passed out under a table they put over me so nobody would step on me. I think I had fun. I think....
    LOL, well the in-laws are taking the baby overnight and more than likely I am going to take the day off after just in case. Now its time to throw the FLAC copy onto my computer and listen to pure tubed bliss on the RTA's. Will have to do a compare of the FLAC via the Audio GD v. the Denon 3910 thats showing up on my door tomorrow ....

Sales Rating
    Gear

Let me know how it goes. It makes me sad that the Bada hit the market now. I've looked at it a dozen times but I just can't spend the dough on it right now.

I listened to Stirling's music again today and it just doesn't do it for me. I think she's talented and it'd probably be an interesting show, I just feel like the violin doesn't exist in harmony with the presentation of the rest of the music.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Douglas IC's, AQ cv-8 SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Thread Information