Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Bad news for Bud drinkers

Or, no wonder Bud Light taste like water.

"Former employees at Anheuser-Busch breweries say that they routinely watered down popular beers such as Budweiser, Michelob, Natural Ice, and Bud Light Platinum."

http://business.time.com/2013/02/27/...k/?hpt=hp_bn18

Member Sales Rating: (26)

Michelob Ultra is now my beer of choice and none of the above have ever been maybe this is why. Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale and the ten day a year beer, Oktoberfest are my favorites and they never water them down.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.

Member Sales Rating: (14)

Another reason why I dont drink Bud , I really only drink Craft beers
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I'll stick with my Guinness or Yuengling.
    --Gary--

Member Sales Rating: (6)

AB InBev should be sued for ruining Beck's.

Audiophile
    Member Sales Rating: (30)

Another reason why I've never drank Bud. A few times in college if someone handed me and I had no better options, but I've probably had less than a 12 pack in my life. If I want beer, I'll drink real beer...

I guess its time for a Rolling Rock comeback.

Reminds me of the old joke...
    What do having sex in a canoe and American beer have in common...
    ...they are both f....ing near water.

Member Sales Rating: (3)

Bud is the most watered down beer there is out there. Fizzy yellow watter, kind of like beer flavored alka-seltzer. I don't always drink beer but when I do I drink Dos Equis or 99 shillings or Sam Adams or Arrogant Bastard or.............

Question #1 would be: Were these former employees gruntled or disgruntled?

Also of concern (from the linked story): "While the statements of former brewery employees make Anheuser-Busch look bad, the plaintiffs haven’t had the beverages independently tested for alcohol content to see how watered-down the beers truly were—if at all."

And the plaintiffs' attorneys said that the beers may have had their alcohol content decreased by anywhere from 3% to 8%. That would mean that I'd have to drink anywhere from more than 12 beers up to more than 33 beers to have consumed the alcohol equivalent of one less properly labeled and non-watered-down can of said beer. That being said, the plaintiffs' attorneys are looking for $Millions in damages.

Sounds like the attorneys will be the ones winning ...again.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTE View Post
    AB InBev should be sued for ruining Beck's.
    If you want to drink German beer drink some Warstiner or Salvatore or Spaten. Becks is the bottom tier of German Beers, however The Becks Sapphire isn't half bad. Budweiser yech try a Budvar from the Chech Republic or an Urquel.

Don't really care because Bud has always equaled shat!
    Spend the extra $4 and get something good.

I really only drink Craft beers
    Yuppers!

Quote Originally Posted by chumlie View Post
    I guess its time for a Rolling Rock comeback.
    AB InBev owns Rolling Rock. When they moved Rolling Rock's operations from Latrobe to somewhere in New Jersey they pissed off alot of Pennsylvanians.

Yep and Rolling Rocks have tasted the same since.

My (current) favorite beer is Modelo Especial (lager). There is also the more well-known Negro Modelo (dark beer), which is also great, but I prefer the Modelo Especial. It is a great Mexican beer, unlike Corona which I find very watered down. I lived in Mexico for a while many years ago and Corona used to be a great beer but, once they started importing it to the gringo market they watered it down for export. The Corona in Mexico still tastes better than the Corona here in the U.S. but it is still nothing like Modelo. Another great Mexican beer (and another of my favorites) is Pacifico. Those are the 2 best Mexican beers in my opinion: Modelo and Pacifico. The great thing is, unlike 20 years ago, I can get both beers at my local supermarket and beverage center here in Albany, NY. Thank God for globalization!

Love Modelos Espicials and Negros, Pacificos, and Sol's and the occasional Tecate. I agree Coronas are a skunk smelling and tasting Mexican beer.

Ordered the kits to brew my own craft beer, ran a batch at my buddys a couple weeks ago....came out really good
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables
    Office rig: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures

Tonight is Wednesday, so it's grocery night. For a few months now, Safeway has been selling Red Tail Ale for $13.99 a 12 pack. Can't beat that, so it is a twelvefer for Friday and another for Saturday, with the left overs providing fuel for the other nights of the week.

As a side-note, I do not know if the law has been changed, but anything called 'beer' after prohibition was limited to a max alcohol content of around 6%. If you had a higher alcohol content then it had to be called Ale, Malt Liquor, etc. It probably has been changed since it is only semantics.

I like craft beers too, but it's very hit or miss. One taste like heaven and another like dog piss. Dig the mexican beers and agree Corona taste different in mexico for some reason. Medelo has been pretty consistant. Don't care for the heavy beers, malts, some Ales, hate being weighted down after one or 2 beers.

Member Sales Rating: (37)

Quote Originally Posted by zarrdoss View Post
    Bud is the most watered down beer there is out there. Fizzy yellow watter, kind of like beer flavored alka-seltzer. I don't always drink beer but when I do I drink Dos Equis or 99 shillings or Sam Adams or Arrogant Bastard or.............

I'm gonna vote for Coors Light as most watered down beer.

Nothing but craft beer or home brew in my home...

Two buddies and myself brew up 5 gallon batches and split it up! Just bottled a Belgian style with another on the way, spring should be good for us. We need to invest a bit more $$$ so we can start to brew lagers and we can really start having a good time!
    Living room:
    Samsung PN50B860 50" Plasma : Oppo BDP-103 : Roku 3 : Denon AVR-2808Ci : Definitive Tech ProMonitor 800 R&L : ProCenter 1000 : Polk FXi 3 Surrounds : Twin Velodyne SPL 10 Series II's :

2Ch:
    Polk LSi 9's : Parasound HCA 1500A : Pro-Ject Debut Carbon : Cambridge 640P Phono Stage : Musical Fidelity M1 S DAC : APC H15 : MacBook Pro Retina :

Heck, give me a good old fashioned Heineken or Special Export over budweiser. The only good thing about Bud is their superbowl commercials.

Never been a Bud fan. I do enjoy Yuengling but no local sales. I have to get it from my nephew who lives in Penn. I enjoy Heineken in the Netherlands or Newcastle in England but don't care for the imported states versions.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Source: SONOS Music System, DAC: W4S DAC-2, Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8801, Amp: W4S MC5, Front: Polk RTIA9, Center: Polk CSIA6, Surrounds: Polk FXIA6, Sub EQ: DSPeaker Anti-Mode 8033C, Subs: 2 - Polk DSW PRO660WI, IC & Speaker Cables: Signal Cable

Member Sales Rating: (3)

"I'm gonna vote for Coors Light as most watered down beer."

well light beer in my book does not even count as beer, lol but yeah its pretty disgusting.

All the Budweiser bashing,and people forget where we are! America! U don't like it,that's fine! But the FACT still remains,it's still the. #1 brewerie in America! And Budweiser itself is a full flavor great tasting beer! America,America,america! Sheesh.

I am a Bud guy but remember it's no longer owned by America....brewed here yes, and all over the world

Owned by Inbev for almost 5yrs
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables
    Office rig: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Quote Originally Posted by pglbook View Post
    My (current) favorite beer is Modelo Especial (lager). There is also the more well-known Negro Modelo (dark beer), which is also great, but I prefer the Modelo Especial. It is a great Mexican beer, unlike Corona which I find very watered down. I lived in Mexico for a while many years ago and Corona used to be a great beer but, once they started importing it to the gringo market they watered it down for export. The Corona in Mexico still tastes better than the Corona here in the U.S. but it is still nothing like Modelo. Another great Mexican beer (and another of my favorites) is Pacifico. Those are the 2 best Mexican beers in my opinion: Modelo and Pacifico. The great thing is, unlike 20 years ago, I can get both beers at my local supermarket and beverage center here in Albany, NY. Thank God for globalization!
    Nahhhh. Bohemia.
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

Quote Originally Posted by PSOVLSK View Post
    I'm gonna vote for Coors Light as most watered down beer.
    +1 to that!!! Although I haven't tasted it in about 15 years. (and for good reason)

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

Quote Originally Posted by bobsauto49 View Post
    All the Budweiser bashing,and people forget where we are! America! U don't like it,that's fine! But the FACT still remains,it's still the. #1 brewerie in America! And Budweiser itself is a full flavor great tasting beer! America,America,america! Sheesh.
    That's fine it's the largest brewerie in America. Great! That still doesn't make it good beer though. There are plenty of actual American small breweries that do make outstanding beer! A wholelot of 'em in the Pacific Northwest. You are still giving your money to an American company and actually buying good tasting beer.

Audiophile
    Member Sales Rating: (30)

We PNW folks are probably pretty spoiled with good/great local beer, and often forget we're only a small slice of the beer drinking country.

Name:  craft-beers-of-the-pacific-northwest-lg.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  166.0 KB

Thread Information