Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how to fix rt8

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default how to fix rt8

I have an issue. I have a set of rt8's and need to replace woofers on both speakers...nothing was wrong with the speakers themselves, let's just say that there was animal involvement that resulted in their demise. I just realized that it's very difficult to locate the mw8002 drivers that I need. I did find on Craigslist a pair of s6's which seem to use the same driver that I need, and are $50 obo. They are said to be in good working order. So, I guess my question is- would it be wrong to want to use those drivers for my rt8's, or should I just use those speakers themselves and just keep looking for replacement parts for mine?

Member Sales Rating: (22)

Directly over the center of the earth in Olathe Kansas

Have you called Polk CS and see if they stock them ?

If they dont and the S6s have they same driver then swap them out.
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs

Ofc: Wright WLA12 preamp: Anthem Amp 1: Pio Elite DV-79AVI: Airport Express: CAL Sigma II DAC: PA LS90 sonicaps and mills

I really don't think the S series uses the same drivers as the RT series. They do look similar and I could be wrong, but I swear they don't. If you called Polk CS, they could verify that.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

OK, thanks for the info...I guess I will give Polk cs a call and see where it goes. Btw, the $50 obo sounds like a good deal for those s6's... should I follow up on that?

No luck with Polk cs...

Did you call or email? If you call, you could ask them if the drivers are the same at least to verify. I think the issue with that RT series is that those drivers are hard to come by.

You have to call Polk. Unless something has changed, emails seldom get answered.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Good call, the s6's use mw7000. Thanks for the assistance.

Thread Information