Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Default I had pre-ordered my YES - Close To The Edge Audio Fidelity SACD about 3 months ago..

I received the package in the mail to day from ImportCD's.com. This is the first time I had ordered from them and did so on the recommendation from some fellows at the Steve Hoffman forum. They did have the best price on the SACD. So, I went with it. I opened the package earlier today and found the enclosed Audio Fidelity 24Kt. Gold CD:

Needless to say, I am not satisfied with the service at ImportCD's.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Elton John CD 264.JPG‎
Views:	122
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	82342   Click image for larger version

Name:	Elton John CD 263.JPG‎
Views:	109
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	82341  
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Wow, that's crazy, there must be a problem at Audio Fidelity. I pre-ordered the Audio Fidelity SACD Rush Counterparts from Amazon.ca. I received the package today, opened it up and found.... the Elton John 24KT CD you have pictured above.... Very strange indeed.
    Mains - Chario Constellation Delphinus
    Subs - Rel T5 x 2
    Amplification - Denon POA S-10 Mono Blocks
    Pre Amp - BAT VK-3i
    CD - Raysonic CD128
    SACD/DVDA- Denon DVD 5910 w/ Underwood Level One Mod
    TT - Pro-Ject RPM 9.1 w/ Ortofon 2M Black Cartidge, TT Weights Super Ring
    Phono Stage - Jolida JD9 w/ Mods

Quote Originally Posted by Bass_Pedal View Post
    Wow, that's crazy, there must be a problem at Audio Fidelity. I pre-ordered the Audio Fidelity SACD Rush Counterparts from Amazon.ca. I received the package today, opened it up and found.... the Elton John 24KT CD you have pictured above.... Very strange indeed.
    I checked the sku coeds on the receipt for the SACD of CTTE and the one on the Elton John CD and they don't match. The Elton John one is: 780014214920 and the YES CTTE SACD is: 78001414722. Not sure how this could get this screwed up. However, if the same thing happend to you from Amazon.ca, then maybe it is not ImportCDs.com or Amazon.ca? Or, it is a fantastic coincidence! What is the sku code of Counterparts?

Either way, I would like my correct SACD of CTTE.

Edit: Anyone else receive the Elton John CD instead of the Audio Fidelity SACD they ordered?

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

I would be upset enough that it took 3 months. Unless, they state it's delivered by ferry across the Pacific. Sorry about your experience.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Source: SONOS Music System, DAC: W4S DAC-2, Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8801, Amp: W4S MC5, Front: Polk RTIA9, Center: Polk CSIA6, Surrounds: Polk FXIA6, Sub EQ: DSPeaker Anti-Mode 8033C, Subs: 2 - Polk DSW PRO660WI, IC & Speaker Cables: Signal Cable

Accidents happen, and now the real seller test begins. How do they make things right?

The sku code for the Counterparts SACD is 780014215224.

What's bad is that the CTTE YES SACD is already sold out on the Audio Fidelity site. That's why I pre-ordered mine 3 months ago. Now, I will probably end up with a copy of the SACD with an edition number in the 3,000+ range.

Member Sales Rating: (14)

According to Amazon CTTE is not even released until March 5th. They have it listed for $23.09.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.

I received a response from importcds.com and they did send a pre-paid return slip and RMA number so I can send the incorrect CD back to them. They stated that they "had a glitch with our system when this CD was sent out last week" but they did not however offer to send me the correct SACD!! WTF!?!? They instead only offered a refund (which can take up to 3 weeks they said)! Unbelieveable! I cannot obviously receommend ordering from this company (importcds.com). I know I will never order from them again. They made a mistake (fine). But they don't even seem willing to send me the correct item I ordered 3 months ago! Pathetic customer service!

Sorry for the bad experience.

So... has anyone actually received the Yes SACD yet?
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.

I know Danny Tse did about a week and a half ago (he's a gold member at Audio Fidelity). Haven't heard about the audio quality though. I ordered one from Amazon and hope to get it soon.

I was reading a few posts on the Steve Hoffman forums saying that it is excellent. Of course, that's like reading on the Polk forums that Polk speakers are excellent...

Quote Originally Posted by nspindel View Post
    I was reading a few posts on the Steve Hoffman forums saying that it is excellent. Of course, that's like reading on the Polk forums that Polk speakers are excellent...
    Ha! Yeah, that's the truth. I e-mailed importCDs.com again asking if they can just send me the SACD instead of issuing a refund. It's rediculous I have to ask them to send me the correct SACD that I pre-ordered 3 months ago. It'll be interesting to see what they say.

Shipping status on my Amazon order changed to "Shipping Soon"

Same here. Ironically, I'll probably end up receiving the Amazon copy before the one I pre-ordered from importcds.com 3 months ago (if I receive it all all).

So regarding the Rush Couterparts SACD I mentioned earlier...
    Contacted Amazon.ca today, they say they have now sent me a replacement SACD, free of charge, I should get it by Thursday. Remains to be seen what will be in the package! I will receive a full refund once I have returned the incorrect one. So it seems to have worked out well for me. Sorry things didn’t go so well for you headrott.
    Last edited by Bass_Pedal; 03-04-2013 at 02:42 PM.

Well, lesson learned about ordering from "lesser known" companies. They may have a great price, but it doesn't matter if you can't even get what you ordered. Glad you will be receiving the correct one.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

RAT b@stards!
    I got my SACD yesterday and today i go on HD tracks and they have it available in 196/24.This is becoming a habit with these guys selling me pre-orders and then giving HD Tracks the stuff too.Pisses me off!
    That is all,carry on.

I saw that too. But then I noticed the HDTracks version is the Rhino version. The new SACD will has Steve Hoffman's magic fairy dust sprinkled on it.

Amazing how they just throw it to anyone now and let everybody do their own thing with "remasters"

My SACD shipped today, I should have it tomorrow or Friday.

It's very good.If I had to complain I think it is missing a little too much low end.Otherwise the mix is great and on my stuff its not too bright as I saw someone else mention.This weekend ill do my A/B testing against the vinyl/vinyl remaster/other cd releases.

This is horrible. I am still waiting for mine to ship from Amazon. I still haven't heard back again from ImportCDs.com about sending the correct item I ordered (The SACD of CTTE). This company is terrible. All I can do is wait, unfortunately. I doubt any of the stores here in Salem will have this SACD in stock. Maybe I should check the local used CD store. My friend Brian usually gets a lot of the MFSL and Audio Fidelity CD's/SACD's and may have it.

Good to hear it sounds good. Squire's bass notes are usually in the upper range instead of the lower octaves and that's why some people say there is little low end. When I saw them do CTTE at the "Keys to Ascension" concerts in San Luis Obispo in 1996, you definately would not say there was a lack of low end, however. Squire's bass almost blew some peoples' ear drums in the audience.

Just received notice the Amazon CTTE SACD has shipped! Whoo Hooo!

Mine is here. Going to give it a spin in a little bit.

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Quote Originally Posted by headrott View Post
    Just received notice the Amazon CTTE SACD has shipped! Whoo Hooo!
    When did you order yours? I ordered mine in early February and it still hasn't shipped. You'd think they would have taken care of me first!

Quote Originally Posted by nspindel View Post
    Mine is here. Going to give it a spin in a little bit.
    Let us know how it sounds. Got a picture of it too?

Quote Originally Posted by CTTE View Post
    When did you order yours? I ordered mine in early February and it still hasn't shipped. You'd think they would have taken care of me first!
    I ordered mine through another company 3 months ago, but I ordered the one through Amazon on Sunday. Amazon is strange about shipping times sometimes I've noticed.

Forgot to post last night. I gave this a listen last night, and it is really good. I've got a Japan pressing of the cd, and it's definitely better by a large margin. Fuller, richer, more air, wider soundstage, and very dynamic. Steve Hoffman is a genius, there's no denying that. You will be very happy when you give it a listen.

^^^Excellent!! Can't wait to hear it! Should be here tomorrow! One of my favorite albums! Thanks for the update.^^^

Ok, so I received the CTTE SACD from Amazon today. Unfortunately, I was only able to listen to "And You And I". I will say that this sounds absolutely phenominal! By far the best version of this music put out! And trust me I have heard all of them. Vinyl (Japanese, German, USA), CD (Original USA, Japan, German) (Original remastered Japan) (Second remasterings of the CD Japan Mini LP, USA (Joe Gastwirt)) (third remaster, USA (Rhino) and Japan), and Reel to Reel. This one is the best, IMO. I will give some more feedback later after a few more listens. BUY THIS SACD!

Note: Does anyone else's copy have a "limited number" on the case? Mine has no number on it, so I am wondering. It states "Limited Numbered Edition" on mine, but there is no number I can see.

Thread Information