Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Member Sales Rating: (14)

It's on the back of the outer paper sleeve.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

#3135 bottom left corner above the Audio Fidelity logo and it does sound marvey.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Hmmmm. Mine is not numbered then. Well, thanks for letting me know where it should be anyway.
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

I hear ImportCD's.com has some numbered editions left
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.

I have to say, I was impressed enough with this sacd that I ordered the Rush title.

Quote Originally Posted by nspindel View Post
    I hear ImportCD's.com has some numbered editions left
    Ha! Yeah! I'll bet they do! I ordered a second copy of CTTE from my friend at a local CD store in Salem. Maybe that one will have a number on it?

Quote Originally Posted by nspindel View Post
    I have to say, I was impressed enough with this sacd that I ordered the Rush title.
    Not too into the Rush "Counterparts" album released. I am more of a "classic Rush" fan I guess.

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

I'd say I am more a classic Rush fan too, but definitely willing to give it a shot given how good the CTTE sounds.

Just ordered this a very short time ago and it arrived yesterday. Its the limited edition, No. 3793. Finally had time to put it on. This is the first SACD I've ever owned, and its fitting its CTTE. I played this every day for a year and half when it came out in 1972 and it still holds up as a work of absolute genius in my book. From what I'm hearing, they did a really fine job on the SACD. The opening acoustic guitar notes on "And You And I" are absolutely superb. The organ in "I Get Up I Get Down" is riveting. I'll be listening to this alot. Very impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by dromunds View Post
    Just ordered this a very short time ago and it arrived yesterday. Its the limited edition, No. 3793. Finally had time to put it on. This is the first SACD I've ever owned, and its fitting its CTTE. I played this every day for a year and half when it came out in 1972 and it still holds up as a work of absolute genius in my book. From what I'm hearing, they did a really fine job on the SACD. The opening acoustic guitar notes on "And You And I" are absolutely superb. The organ in "I Get Up I Get Down" is riveting. I'll be listening to this alot. Very impressed.
    Yep! I still have only heard And You And I, but that 12 string sounds rich, and like you want to hear the next note and each note after it! Squires bass during Anderson singing "I listened hard, but could not see. Life tempo changed out and inside me. The preacher trained in all to lose his name, the teacher travels asking to be shown the same" is completely phenominal! I can't wait to hear this again! Also, I can imagine what Wakeman playing the church organ during "I get up, I get down" will sound like. Should get the chills up the spine during that! Can't wait!

Member Sales Rating: (1)

So, imagine my excitement when today(after ordering CTTE 3 days ago) a package arrived at the office from Amazon.....and then imagine my disappointment when I opened the box to find the damn freezer baggies my wife ordered! :(

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by muncybob View Post
    So, imagine my excitement when today(after ordering CTTE 3 days ago) a package arrived at the office from Amazon.....and then imagine my disappointment when I opened the box to find the damn freezer baggies my wife ordered! :(
    That sucks.I have had the same happen on a Friday when you think Hot Damn! new music for the weekend! and it's something lame in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by headrott View Post
    Not too into the Rush "Counterparts" album released. I am more of a "classic Rush" fan I guess.
    I'd give that a second thought if I were you. My copy of Counterparts arrived. Sound is absolutely fantastic. Steve Hoffman is incredible. The guy could make static sound great.

Quote Originally Posted by headrott View Post
    Ok, so I received the CTTE SACD from Amazon today. Unfortunately, I was only able to listen to "And You And I". I will say that this sounds absolutely phenominal! By far the best version of this music put out! And trust me I have heard all of them. Vinyl (Japanese, German, USA), CD (Original USA, Japan, German) (Original remastered Japan) (Second remasterings of the CD Japan Mini LP, USA (Joe Gastwirt)) (third remaster, USA (Rhino) and Japan), and Reel to Reel. This one is the best, IMO. I will give some more feedback later after a few more listens. BUY THIS SACD!

Note: Does anyone else's copy have a "limited number" on the case? Mine has no number on it, so I am wondering. It states "Limited Numbered Edition" on mine, but there is no number I can see.
    Well Greg. It looks like you get to try another edition of Close To The Edge. Steve Wilson remaster.
    October:

Yes - Close to the Edge - available in CD/DVD-A & CD/Blu-Ray editions.

Panegyric will issue the first in a series of Yes releases with Hi-res stereo original mixes, new stereo & 5.1 mixes plus additional tracks.

News of further releases by all of the above bands to follow."

...here we go! It's enough to bring sunshine to the most miserable, wet, rainy, English Sunday afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by chumlie View Post
    Well Greg. It looks like you get to try another edition of Close To The Edge. Steve Wilson remaster.
    October:

Yes - Close to the Edge - available in CD/DVD-A & CD/Blu-Ray editions.

Panegyric will issue the first in a series of Yes releases with Hi-res stereo original mixes, new stereo & 5.1 mixes plus additional tracks.

News of further releases by all of the above bands to follow."

...here we go! It's enough to bring sunshine to the most miserable, wet, rainy, English Sunday afternoon.

Hmmmm. They tried a 5.1 mix with Fragile a while back.........AND IT SUCKED!!! No, it id. Really really horrid! They also used alternate takes for parts of it which had different tonality compared to the original mix. It was a terrible idea. Also, I can't imagine a DVD-A or Blu-Ray sounding better than an SACD. The name Steve Wilson sounds familiar, but I don't remember what he did off the top of my head........

I will get a copy of this just to see what it's like, but I have a feeling the Audio Fidelity (and/or) Mobile Fidelity (if they end up doing it) will be the best versions to have. As I said I will take a listen to it when it comes out though. After all, if they make it sound better than any other version out, we all will be happy.

Now if somene would put "Tales From topographic Oceans" out on SACD!! Come on Audio Fidelity and/or Mobile fidelity!

Thanks for the update!

P.S. I also wanted to state again how bad of idea it is to remix an album into stereo. I have never heard a stereo remix that is better than the original.
    Last edited by headrott; 06-24-2013 at 05:28 AM.

It's Steven Wilson. He did the 40th anniversary mix of Aqualung, also did King Crimson. Good at 5.1 mixes. Lead guitar & singer for Porcupine Tree.

Thread Information