Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Here comes the Boom...Not a dvd rip ;)

I just bought a used Logitech Squeezebox Boom.

We decided against putting a system on the 3 season porch and on the deck, and figured this way we can just take the tunes with us wherever we are.

SQ won't be as good as dedicated systems everywhere, but this little bugger puts out pretty good sound for a small boombox. And it is much smaller than I expected, but VERY solid. Heavy little guy.

Its pretty sweet and will sync to my main system so I can listen to my main speakers in the house and when I go on the deck to flip the burgers...l can take the Boom with me.

Only thing I have to worry about now is how long Logitech will support it. Thought for a moment about going all Sonos, but after doing some recent upgrades...I figure this will work for awhile and I can upgrade later if needed.

Pretty happy so far...
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Oppo BDP-105; Amps: Anthem Integrated 225; PS Audio GCPH Speakers: Polk - LSi15's (sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; B&K Reference 200.2; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Quote Originally Posted by hochpt21 View Post
    I just bought a used Logitech Squeezebox Boom.

We decided against putting a system on the 3 season porch and on the deck, and figured this way we can just take the tunes with us wherever we are.

SQ won't be as good as dedicated systems everywhere, but this little bugger puts out pretty good sound for a small boombox. And it is much smaller than I expected, but VERY solid. Heavy little guy.

Its pretty sweet and will sync to my main system so I can listen to my main speakers in the house and when I go on the deck to flip the burgers...l can take the Boom with me.

Only thing I have to worry about now is how long Logitech will support it. Thought for a moment about going all Sonos, but after doing some recent upgrades...I figure this will work for awhile and I can upgrade later if needed.

Pretty happy so far...
    Congrats! I always wanted a boom, but ended up with a Squeezebox Radio on the nightstand instead. I like the radio, but it is the most complicated alarm clock in the world. Also, since I have a system in the bedroom that I really like, the radio doesn't get much use.

I considered the Radio as well, but ended up going with the boom. I thought it would be bigger, but like I said...it is very heavy and solid. Sounds pretty good indoors, and hopefully, that will be the same result out on the deck.
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Oppo BDP-105; Amps: Anthem Integrated 225; PS Audio GCPH Speakers: Polk - LSi15's (sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; B&K Reference 200.2; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Speaking of DVDrip. Three spammers goin at it. Property investment, free downloads and DVDrip all at once.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by hochpt21 View Post
    I considered the Radio as well, but ended up going with the boom. I thought it would be bigger, but like I said...it is very heavy and solid. Sounds pretty good indoors, and hopefully, that will be the same result out on the deck.
    Just curious why you didn't just run a set of outdoor speakers out on the deck.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
    Just curious why you didn't just run a set of outdoor speakers out on the deck.
    That would be ideal.

I pushed pretty hard for a number of upgrades to my main 2 channel rig. Then when I started talking more speakers (deck, porch, garage) the wife kindly asked me to hold my horses.

The boom will be nice as it will synch with my main rig. Hopefully, down the road we'll look at nicer deck speakers.
    2-channel

HT

Man Cave

Using it in the kitchen right now. It's nice to have music while I'm cooking and the fam can still watch tv in the living room. I'm liking it more and more...

A little Stan Getz and Charlie Byrd with my pork tenderloin thank you very much.

Oh, and a bottle of Chianti.....no, really!
    2-channel

HT

Man Cave

Thread Information