Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default The Bible miniseries premieres on History channel tonight @ 8 central

Supposed to be really good. Directed by a biggie in Hollywood. I do not have cable. So I will have to wait for Netflix or DVD sales to view. Peace, Darryl

Member Sales Rating: (49)

Watching it now..
    Hot Rodded SDA 1.2TL's, SDA 1C's, SDA CRS+'s...
    Powered By Wyred 4 Sound, STP-SE, SX-1000...
    MIT-Shotgun's ...

I watched it a bit while waiting for the REAL premiere tonight...VIKINGS!
    "Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    I may have an addiction... RTA-15TL, SDA 2, LSi25, LSi15, LSi9, LSi7, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LS/FX, RT/FX, DSW MP2000...and that's just the Polks...

What I saw was good. I had to laugh though because everyone had an English accent. Kind of like the Rome series a while ago.

Member Sales Rating: (3)

Thanks for the heads up Darryl! I caught about the last 20 minutes of it last night, hopefully The History Channel will run it again this week. Next episode will be next Sunday right?

Coming out in DVD sometime next month for people like me w no cable. I heard 14 million viewers watched Sundays premier. These spam DVD rippers really suck? Peace. D

The opening episode will be repeated Wednesday evening(and at certain other times). The first showing of each of the five episodes will be on Sunday, with the final episode, covering Jesus's death and resurrection, being on Easter Sunday, March 31st.

Quote Originally Posted by John K. View Post
    The opening episode will be repeated Wednesday evening(and at certain other times). The first showing of each of the five episodes will be on Sunday, with the final episode, covering Jesus's death and resurrection, being on Easter Sunday, March 31st.
    How bout a Spoiler Alert!!
    I got static in my head
    The reflected sound of everything

From the two I saw so far, its pretty good. It gives a recap of the highlights for the time period involved. Keep in mind that from the first book of the Bible written by Moses ( He wrote the first 5 ) to the last it covers aprox 1400 years if memory serves me right. And the last book which is Revelation was written a little over 2000 years ago by John ( extremely accurate though...100% so far ), so it wouldn't hurt to pay attention. I was in Walmart yesterday and they had the exact book of this miniseries.
    Home Theatre.............

Pioneer SC-35
    Polk RTi10's Fronts
    Polk CSiA6 Center
    RTi4 Surrounds
    SVS PB-12 Sub

2 Channel.............................

Yaqin MC-100B
    Energy RC-70 Speakers
    Arcam CD-192 Disc Player
    Van Den Hul Interconnects

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Moses wrote the first 5 books ? Must have been alot of stone tablets somebody found.

Papyrus which was a thick paper like material produced from the pith of the Papyrus Plant was used to write since 3100 BC ( Museum's have this on display ) Later Parchment was used which is made from animal skins. This was preferred as you could make scrolls out of it as it was more pliable. ( Ever hear about The Dead Sea Scrolls ? ). So people could write even in those days. God however didn't fool around, and directly wrote on the stone tablets HIMSELF.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Quote Originally Posted by larry777 View Post
    Papyrus which was a thick paper like material produced from the pith of the Papyrus Plant was used to write since 3100 BC ( Museum's have this on display ) Later Parchment was used which is made from animal skins. This was preferred as you could make scrolls out of it as it was more pliable. ( Ever hear about The Dead Sea Scrolls ? ). So people could write even in those days. God however didn't fool around, and directly wrote on the stone tablets HIMSELF.
    The first time........Moses did the second time the 10 commandments were written into stone.

Also, I find this series mostly accurate. Definately not 100%, however.
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

Member Sales Rating: (9)

Watched the first two installments, part two should have been titled "The Bloody Bible" as it played out like a Quentin Tarrentino film. The true point as producers Roma Downey and Mark Burnett stated on CBS Sunday Morning, was to make it an introduction to the Bible in order to spur more curiosity and study of The Bible.
    Staff Member TONEAudio
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio
    2 Channel System
    SimAudio Moon i7 int. amp
    iBook w/PureMusic/iTunes,1.5 TB harddrive
    Sim Audio Moon 300D DAC,
    Harbeth Compact 7es-3 Speakers
    Magnepan 1.6 w/Skiing Ninja x-overs
    Rega RP1 w/Ortofon Super OM40
    SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Additional Gear:
    ACI Emerald XL, Totem Rainmakers, Celestion Si Stands, AudioArt cabling, Shunyata Venom power cords, Modified PS Audio Trio C-100 int. amp, Vista Audio Int. Tube, iPod 160 gig

Quote Originally Posted by headrott View Post
    The first time........Moses did the second time the 10 commandments were written into stone.

Also, I find this series mostly accurate. Definately not 100%, however.
    Yes, the first set were destroyed when Moses came down off the mountain and saw that the people made the golden calf.
    Just to clarify, my mention of 100% accurate is for the book of revelation....not this mini-series which has major gaps in the time line.

Quote Originally Posted by markmarc View Post
    Watched the first two installments, part two should have been titled "The Bloody Bible" as it played out like a Quentin Tarrentino film. The true point as producers Roma Downey and Mark Burnett stated on CBS Sunday Morning, was to make it an introduction to the Bible in order to spur more curiosity and study of The Bible.
    You are right. Some people really don't know what material the Bible really covers. The Bible is actually made up of 66 separate books written over hundreds of years by various authors who were inspired by God.
    Home Theatre.............

Pioneer SC-35
    Polk RTi10's Fronts
    Polk CSiA6 Center
    RTi4 Surrounds
    SVS PB-12 Sub

2 Channel.............................

Yaqin MC-100B
    Energy RC-70 Speakers
    Arcam CD-192 Disc Player
    Van Den Hul Interconnects

You are right. Some people really don't know what material the Bible really covers. The Bible is actually made up of 66 separate books written over hundreds of years by various authors who were inspired by God.
    Yep, it's still up for debate if any of the books had an original author in it's entirety. Incidently, they aren't 66 seperate books per say but scriptures. The Bible itself was put together, stories or books as we call them were cherry picked, for the sole purpose to control people. Many scriptures were left out because they contradicted the message or they suggested the power of the church was not legitimate.

Incidently, I like any Bible series. Kinda brings the stories to life and offers viewers some better insight to their meaning.

Member Sales Rating: (31)

Shouldn't this have been on the Sci-Fi Channel instead of The History Channel?
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Yes, the first set were destroyed when Moses came down off the mountain and saw that the people made the golden calf.
    Just to clarify, my mention of 100% accurate is for the book of revelation....not this mini-series which has major gaps in the time line.
    The gaps in time are fine (although you lose some of what went on of course). It's some of the content and more specifically, what is implied regarding what is going on that I take issue with in some cases. The Sodom scenes being some obvious ones. What is implied in the Bible is different to what is implied in the TV series (although some of what's implied is accurate as well). But, the specific reasons why Sodom is destroyed is lost in the TV series. There are some other examples (other than the Sodom scenes) as well. But, this is an example.
    Last edited by headrott; 03-20-2013 at 02:34 AM.
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

Gotta love the Sodom and Gamora tales. Todays comparison of L.A. and New York....maybe ? Every other disaster movie they always destroy either one.

Incidently, there has to be gaps in the time line, otherwise the series would run longer than the Simpsons.

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

Quote Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
    Yep, it's still up for debate if any of the books had an original author in it's entirety. Incidently, they aren't 66 seperate books per say but scriptures. The Bible itself was put together, stories or books as we call them were cherry picked, for the sole purpose to control people. Many scriptures were left out because they contradicted the message or they suggested the power of the church was not legitimate.

Incidently, I like any Bible series. Kinda brings the stories to life and offers viewers some better insight to their meaning.
    Of course, the Catholic bible seems to have more than 66 books in it (you know, that "Apocryphal" stuff)? Take a look sometime! Protestants limit the "authentic number" to 66. (And Mormons have a Third Testament?) Various church councils argued about what was canon and what was not for centuries.

As far as the Old Testament, there are a lot of unsavory things in there that would shock some! And, then there are decades where theologians have been arguing about if and when there was a "historical Jesus"? None of this is to cast any doubt on the values and spiritual principles one finds in the New Testament! The Old, well, let's say that God looks a bit too much like a King of "ancient tribes and times".

Spurring interest in the Bible. Well, I find that those who "already" believe will watch this and continue to believe and read their Bibles, and those who doubt will either not watch or catch an episode or two and continue to doubt. Just the nature of religious belief and faith vs. doubt.

There is an old text called "The Cloud of Unknowing". If you want to understand the "essence" of religious faith and knowing, one that is less rooted in proof and rationality where religion can NEVER live, take a look at "this"!

cnh
    Last edited by cnh; 03-20-2013 at 01:51 PM.
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

Member Sales Rating: (20)

I haven't watched the series, but do have the OST and it's another great score by Zimmer. It's nice to see Lisa Gerrard teamed back up with him as well, they work well together.
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

You can pre order DVD or blu rays now.

Pioneer Elite SC 63
    SDA SRS 1.2 front
    Rti12 rear
    FXiA6 sides
    Emotiva XPA 3
    Adcom GFA 555
    CSiA6 center
    PSW505 Subwoofer
    Original PS3 60G
    Oppo DV981HD cd transport
    Mitsubishi 73 rear projection
    Sanyo DC Servo player TP 727 turntable
    Monster HTS 5100MKII
    TheBlaze
    MIT MH-750 cables

how many of these movies are they going to make ?

Thread Information