Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Member Sales Rating: (10)

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Magnolia, NJ
    Posts
    4,054

    Default Trying some new cables.

    I'm getting spring fever & the 'ole itch!!! I always wanted to give the LAT speaker cables a whirl in my system so I got them & have them running now for just about a week. Right off the bat they sounded very laid back yet extremely musical in all aspects. The soundstage without a doubt expanded (very obvious). Lou from LAT said they take a good 100hrs to start opening up to their full potential. So far no complaints what so ever.

    http://www.latinternational.com/inde...r%20cable.html

    But I figured I may as well try these new IC's too. I've read a lot about Grover's cables & the cult like following he has. Nothing but hi-praises for his whole line. Both professional & audiophiles. I got a few pairs...1M pair & two pairs of 2M. Wow!! did things open up & I mean open up!!!! This way of doing things is a bit unorthodox but the end result is what counts. I was actually taken back at how well they sounded as soon as I got them hooked up. Grover said they will get better yet after about 75-100hrs. So all in all I am very, very excited at how well both the LAT & Grover Huffman's cables are pairing with my CAL Alpha DAC & my system as a whole. What a crazy hobby!!!

    http://www.groverhuffman.com/interconnects
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "
    Panny 65" 3D Plasma
    Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A3010 AVR
    D>SONIC M2-600M mono's / mains
    Rotel RMB-1095 / 5 channel amp
    Rotel RMB-1075 / 5 channel amp
    TEAC UD - 501 DAC
    Oppo BDP-93
    SONOS System
    KEF Q900 / mains
    KEF Q600 / center
    KEF Q800 / surrounds
    KEF Q100 / rear surr.
    Def Tech ProMonitor 1000 / front & rear presence
    Velodyne SPL-1200R subs / dual pair
    DSPeaker Anti-Mode 8033 sub EQ
    Equitech Balanced Power Son of Q 1.5R
    Extensive room treatments

  2. #2

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    northern iowa
    Posts
    743

    Default

    just curious as to where in your 2 channel system the Grovers went, and how you have your DAC connected to the system? (TOSLINK, digital...) the price on the Grover digital IC looks appealing, and I have been looking for a couple of weeks for a good cable without really pulling the trigger.
    Polk RTA 11T ....new Xovers( Gen1 + Mundorf MOX), rewired, damped, Armacell, rings, spikes, RDO-194....
    B&K Ref. 200.2
    NAD 116
    Peachtree DAC-IT
    Morrow, Huffman cables
    AMD 8350 @ 4.8 Ghz.

  3. #3

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    16,066

    Default

    Congrats on the cables Phil, amazing what a cable can do. If the Grovers sound that good out of the box, then they sound like keepers. Maybe I'll have to give 'em a try.

  4. #4

    Member Sales Rating: (10)

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Magnolia, NJ
    Posts
    4,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 11tsteve View Post
    just curious as to where in your 2 channel system the Grovers went, and how you have your DAC connected to the system? (TOSLINK, digital...) the price on the Grover digital IC looks appealing, and I have been looking for a couple of weeks for a good cable without really pulling the trigger.
    My Sonos feeds into the DAC via a digital cable then one pair of IC's from my DAC to pre...the other pair from the pre to the monoblocks. Astonshingly great sound.

    Quote Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
    Congrats on the cables Phil, amazing what a cable can do. If the Grovers sound that good out of the box, then they sound like keepers. Maybe I'll have to give 'em a try.
    Tony, amazing is the correct term to say the least. I've been thru other IC's & speaker cables & pretty much liked what I heard & could pick up on the differences. With these LAT speaker cables & the Grover Huffman IC's I am entering a whole new chapter on sonic amazement. Oh, I almost forgot...Grover sent me his digital cable to try, he couldn't stop talking about how good it is. He certainly wasn't kidding, it bested my Black Cat Veloce in every aspect.

    And neither purchase broke the bank. I personally feel you don't have to spend your kids college fund to get amazing sound.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "
    Panny 65" 3D Plasma
    Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A3010 AVR
    D>SONIC M2-600M mono's / mains
    Rotel RMB-1095 / 5 channel amp
    Rotel RMB-1075 / 5 channel amp
    TEAC UD - 501 DAC
    Oppo BDP-93
    SONOS System
    KEF Q900 / mains
    KEF Q600 / center
    KEF Q800 / surrounds
    KEF Q100 / rear surr.
    Def Tech ProMonitor 1000 / front & rear presence
    Velodyne SPL-1200R subs / dual pair
    DSPeaker Anti-Mode 8033 sub EQ
    Equitech Balanced Power Son of Q 1.5R
    Extensive room treatments

  5. #5

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    16,066

    Default

    Cool man, I'll give the guy a call and try his cables.

    I always dug that about you Phil, your not afraid to shake things up, try new things, and throw the audio pre conceived notions to the wind. Comes down to finding your sound regardless of how you get there or the coin spent.

  6. #6

    Member Sales Rating: (14)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Pa
    Posts
    13,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
    Cool man, I'll give the guy a call and try his cables.

    I always dug that about you Phil, your not afraid to shake things up, try new things, and throw the audio pre conceived notions to the wind. Comes down to finding your sound regardless of how you get there or the coin spent.
    I also like the experience gained with trying out different things. You can read all you want but if you don't try for yourself , you really don't have any idea whats going on good better or worse.
    I've been through this phase , I still do it from time to time (Ok I still do it all the time LOL) and enjoy myself learning what could possibly different. My current thing is DAC's , we got a lot of them and I have been digging in pretty deep.
    I know nothing of this cable company as also with Acoustic Zen. We have a few pairs of Acoustic Zen in the shop in speaker wires , IC's and power cords.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

  7. #7

    Member Sales Rating: (10)

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Magnolia, NJ
    Posts
    4,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mantis View Post
    I also like the experience gained with trying out different things. You can read all you want but if you don't try for yourself , you really don't have any idea whats going on good better or worse.
    I've been through this phase , I still do it from time to time (Ok I still do it all the time LOL) and enjoy myself learning what could possibly different. My current thing is DAC's , we got a lot of them and I have been digging in pretty deep.
    I know nothing of this cable company as also with Acoustic Zen. We have a few pairs of Acoustic Zen in the shop in speaker wires , IC's and power cords.
    What DAC's are you playing around with? I loved the DacMagic with the tube buffer but this new (old) California Audio Labs (CAL) Alpha DAC (1995) is awesome & plays extremely well with the new cable upgrades I just did. So far the old guy is kicking some DAC butt!!
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "
    Panny 65" 3D Plasma
    Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A3010 AVR
    D>SONIC M2-600M mono's / mains
    Rotel RMB-1095 / 5 channel amp
    Rotel RMB-1075 / 5 channel amp
    TEAC UD - 501 DAC
    Oppo BDP-93
    SONOS System
    KEF Q900 / mains
    KEF Q600 / center
    KEF Q800 / surrounds
    KEF Q100 / rear surr.
    Def Tech ProMonitor 1000 / front & rear presence
    Velodyne SPL-1200R subs / dual pair
    DSPeaker Anti-Mode 8033 sub EQ
    Equitech Balanced Power Son of Q 1.5R
    Extensive room treatments

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. For Sale Wireworld Oasis 5.2 bi-wire speaker cables (3 x 2M), digital coaxial cables, more
    By iskandam in forum For Sale (FS) Classifieds
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-05-2012, 08:19 PM
  2. SOLD Cables and Cables and Cables..... Make Offers
    By screename in forum For Sale (FS) Classifieds
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 11-24-2010, 08:44 PM
  3. Cables,cables,cables, Digital AES/EBU decision
    By fbm211 in forum Basic Hookup/Wiring Questions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-16-2009, 12:14 AM
  4. IC Cables: Difference Between Source Cables And Amp/Preamp Cables?
    By Freak When C in forum Basic Hookup/Wiring Questions
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 05-28-2009, 09:40 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-01-2008, 10:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts