Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6

    Default Beeping Speakers?

    Hey folks. I desperately need some help.

    I just moved into a new house and setup a new surround sound system on my new vizio lcd tv. I purchased the RM6750 5.1 polk audio system. I have it connected through a yamaha RX-V373 receiver. I then use hdmi inputs to connect my cox communication cable box, a sony blu-ray player and my xbox 360. Everything works great except for a beeping sound that seems to keep coming from the speakers. The beep is usually one single loud beep that is quick. Sometimes it makes 2 or three back to back. My wife and I thought it was a smoke detector running low on batteries for the longest time. I just found these forums and I need some help.

    When the receiver is off, the beeping does not seem to happen.

    Last night I turned off my cellphone and I eventually still heard a beep. Was testing its interference.

    I am in no way a pro and consider myself a rookie when it comes to this.

    Any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    17,027

    Default

    Probably a set up issue somewhere. It's certainly not the speakers, they don't beep like that. Check all the inputs on the receiver in the setup menu. You have to setup each input so it talks to the device it's connected to on that input. Does it make this sound on all the inputs you use on the receiver or just certain ones ? Also check the setup of all devices used, even the audio output on the cable box.

    Disconnect the cable box and see if the beeping persist. Cable boxes are the usual culprit for weird noises.

  3. #3

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6

    Default

    I unplugged everything from the receiver except the power and the 5 speakers. I removed the subwoofer as well. There is still a beeping.

  4. #4

    Member Sales Rating: (10)

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    3,462

    Default

    First off, welcome to CP. 2nd, you really don't need 2 threads going for the same problem. IMO it has to be your AVR. Is the sound coming from all of the speakers? Do you have access to another set of speakers you could try or better yet a different AVR to rule things out?

  5. #5

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ken brydson View Post
    First off, welcome to CP. 2nd, you really don't need 2 threads going for the same problem. IMO it has to be your AVR. Is the sound coming from all of the speakers? Do you have access to another set of speakers you could try or better yet a different AVR to rule things out?
    AVR is my receiver right? Unforunetly I do not have another pair of speakers. All I have is a set of computer speakers that are wired completely different. I am having trouble figuring out if the beep is coming from the speakers or the receiver box itself. Could the receiver just be faulty? What would cause it to have random beeps.

  6. #6

    Member Sales Rating: (10)

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    3,462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stunny99 View Post
    AVR is my receiver right? Unforunetly I do not have another pair of speakers. All I have is a set of computer speakers that are wired completely different. I am having trouble figuring out if the beep is coming from the speakers or the receiver box itself. Could the receiver just be faulty? What would cause it to have random beeps.
    Yes, AVR is your receiver. Do you have someone you could borrow a pair from to test? Shouldn't be too tough to figure out if the beeping is coming from the speakers or the AVR. Put your ear up to each and see where it is coming from. Does the beeping get louder when you increase the volume?
    Last edited by ken brydson; 03-06-2013 at 01:07 PM.

  7. #7

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    North Coast of Pa.
    Posts
    254

    Default

    I replied to the other thread, but am copying and pasting here. Maybe a moderator should delete the other thread.

    It sounds like you have a test signal running from your receiver. Does this beeping happen all the time or is it random? Does it sound like it goes from speaker to speaker or is it coming from all speakers at the same time? My Yamaha has a test signal (beep) that rotates from speaker to speaker so I can match the output at each speaker location. I can adjust the volume individually at each speaker so the volume is consistent throughout the system at my listening spot. On my receiver, this button is located on the remote. There should be mention of it in your owner's manaul.
    Main system: Proton AA-1150, Yamaha C-4, Furman Elite-15 DMi, Nakamichi CR-1A, Marantz CD5003, Squeezebox Classic, Music Hall dac25.2, Dual 1229/Denon DL-303, Music Hall MMF-5.1/Goldring 1042, Pro-Ject Speed Box II, Sennheiser HD600, Monitor Audio Silver RS8, Monitor Audio FB-210

    HT: Sony KV-36FS100, Yamaha RX-V800, Furman Elite-15 DMi, Marantz DV6001, Polk Audio RT55i, RTi38, CS400i, (2) PSW450

  8. #8

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    896

    Default

    why did you create two posts?

  9. #9

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    692

    Default

    I would try resetting the receiver to factory settings: http://faq.yamaha.com/us/en/article/..._u/10254/7051/.

    You could also see if there is a firmware update available.

  10. #10

    Member Sales Rating: (6)

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    16,473

    Default

    Are you sure you don't have a carbon monoxide sensor beeping in the house---I SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCE ON THIS...LOL

    Transport: Oppo BDP-103/USB HDD (flac)
    DAC/Preamp: Benchmark DAC/PRE
    Power Amp: Parasound HCA-1500A
    Speakers: Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 Monitor
    Cables: Kimber Hero/8TC; DH Labs D-75

  11. #11

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Urbandale IA
    Posts
    2,253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steveinaz View Post
    Are you sure you don't have a carbon monoxide sensor beeping in the house---I SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCE ON THIS...LOL
    LOL!! How nuts did that drive you??

  12. #12

    Member Sales Rating: (13)

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Mars Hotel
    Posts
    31,215

    Default

    There is nothing in a speaker that will beep. That sound has to come from something else and since you removed all the sources, the problem is in your AVR.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

    "A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

  13. #13

    Member Sales Rating: (16)

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Andromeda
    Posts
    14,400

    Default

    Do you have kids or a dog? Sometimes they make baby dinosaur sounds. Maybe that's what your hearing. Do you notice any unusual odor after the beep occurs?

  14. #14

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Sitting pretty in AZ
    Posts
    1,152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steveinaz View Post
    Are you sure you don't have a carbon monoxide sensor beeping in the house---I SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCE ON THIS...LOL
    LOL went through this with a computer. disconnected every smoke detector in the house and still had a beeping after about a month we finally were able to isolate the beep to the desktop. there was a watch battery in the thing that was almost dead and the beeping was the warning. it was so random that i would never had expected it. I think we had everything in the house electronic unplugged at one time. lol!
    Speakers:
    Definitive BP7001sc mains
    Definitive C/L/R 3000 center
    Polk RT800i's rears
    Definitive supercube I Sub
    Audio:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010
    Adcom GFA 7500
    OPPO BDP-103 CD, SACD, DVD-A
    Video:
    Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
    OPPO BDP-103 Bluray
    Directv x's 2

  15. #15

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    17,027

    Default

    I thnk maybe a Roadrunner climbed into a port hole. "Beep-beep."

  16. #16

    Member Sales Rating: (10)

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    3,462

    Default

    naickuraxia reported

  17. #17

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    california
    Posts
    605

    Default

    I had one that was driving me nuts , I thought it was the battery in the uverse UPS nope ( battery backup ) I hope it was my old tv dieing or it was a interferance signal coming in .Are you sure its coming from the speakers ? try dissconecting the wires , it could even be a kids toy
    Quote Originally Posted by stunny99 View Post
    Hey folks. I desperately need some help.


    I just moved into a new house and setup a new surround sound system on my new vizio lcd tv. I purchased the RM6750 5.1 polk audio system. I have it connected through a yamaha RX-V373 receiver. I then use hdmi inputs to connect my cox communication cable box, a sony blu-ray player and my xbox 360. Everything works great except for a beeping sound that seems to keep coming from the speakers. The beep is usually one single loud beep that is quick. Sometimes it makes 2 or three back to back. My wife and I thought it was a smoke detector running low on batteries for the longest time. I just found these forums and I need some help.

    When the receiver is off, the beeping does not seem to happen.

    Last night I turned off my cellphone and I eventually still heard a beep. Was testing its interference.

    I am in no way a pro and consider myself a rookie when it comes to this.

    Any help would be appreciated.

  18. #18

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    central Jersey,08859
    Posts
    1,697

    Default

    I believe Classic Carl has it right .I to own a Yammy 665 w/ the test one feature. But once you exit settup your out and there are no sounds.See if it is rotating and giving off different types of tones. Besides that as a former alarm installer we had a many
    complaints that our smoke detectors were beeping.WE told the owners our's don't beep they set off a siren,Long story short it was a digital camera in a drawer.It does happen.....

  19. #19

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    39

    Default

    bump

  20. #20

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    New York, LI
    Posts
    415

    Default

    My optical cable was damaged and it would make a beep sound.
    2CH Setup.
    CM9
    Sonos Pre-Amp
    Crestron CNAMPX16x60 (Bridge Mode)
    MIT AVT2 Interconnects

  21. #21

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    18

    Default

    You just unplug everything from your setup and then set it up again. Hope u will get a positive result,.....

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Need Help Speakers making beeping noises
    By stunny99 in forum Troubleshooting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-06-2013, 01:06 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-30-2011, 04:02 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-14-2009, 07:08 PM
  4. SDA-1A Loud Beeping Noise
    By altecman in forum Vintage Speakers
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-30-2008, 08:55 AM
  5. SDA-1A Loud Beeping Noise
    By altecman in forum Vintage Speakers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-24-2008, 08:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts